Firstly can I just comment on 2 very unfair reviews, John O moans that his child is picky and wasn't happy because there was not fish fingers, chicken nuggets, cheese and tomato pizza, waffles etc!!!!!! Try feeding your son fresh food ? You never know he might like it? Also there were chicken nuggets, pizza, chips and burgers available all day at the snack bar.
Also the reviewer who said there was flies on the food, simply not true. Especially by the pool bar as all the food is fresh and kept covered. Also no one else in the hotel suffered any food poisoning and as they both ate 2 different dishes i would have thought it highly unlikely to have both got food poisoning. rant over but it is just not fair when people don't tell the truth.
Back to the hotel, My partner and I had an amazing 2 week break here and from the moment we walked in until the moment we left the staff were simply superb. The hotel is spotless and cleaning is ongoing inside and out. The pools are some of the cleanest I have ever been in and are surrounded by a non slip rubber which is great and stops the issues of slipping and old chipped tiles you sometimes see. Sunbeds were never an issue, we normally wandered down about 10 a.m. and never had a problem. Only on one occasion were 4 beds left unattended with towels on all day but if you point this out to the lifeguard he will remove them.The hotel provides free beach towels which you can change as many times as you want. We tried the top pool only once but found it not as much fun. The hotel does not have many English guests, prob about 20% but I quite like this and enjoy trying to converse with Spanish,Italians and Russians and to be fair once you get chatting together after a few drinks you all tend to communicate easily.
The food options on the buffet in the main restaurant were excellent, from Wild boar to veal to rabbit. Loads of fish cooked fresh in front of you and a theming of each night so a good variation. Plenty of vegetarian options and always a GLUTEN FREE option with every meal from snacks to breakfast which to us is very important as my partner is coelliac and therefore wheat intolerant. As soon as you are seated you get offered wine of your choice and it is by the bottle not a lukewarm glass from some box as I've seen in other hotels. Choice of drinks at the bar is good including cocktails and the local spirits are of good quality , in fact the vodka seemed to be Eristoff quite often. bar serves until 1 am as well which is nice as you sit on the balcony bar and watch the sun go down and the bright lights of Tenerife come on .
Location was perfect for us with Fanabe a 20 minute stroll, if you fancy a silly night then try Ye Olde Ocean bar on Sunday night to watch Mister Sister in drag. Very funny and you quite often catch Perry Fenwick there having a sing on the Karaoke. There are also some lovely restaurants if you fancy eating out. A cab is 5 euros if you don't fancy the walk. For a more sophisticated evening catch a cab for 10 euros into Playas and visit Harrys Bar or the Monkey bar and grill and watch the fireworks while sipping Cuba Libres. The entertainment at the hotel is good and aimed at children and even though we have no youngsters yet the ones that were there seemed to love it and the entertainment staff work tirelessly all day with smiles on their faces whether it be pool games or making tee shirts so full credit to them, also with a lifeguard on duty at all times you can feel safe when your kids are in the pool.
So yes we are booking again for next year and going to try to get 3 weeks here.
Just one final point can I say a massive thankyou to Miquel on reception. He is fantastic and nothing is too much trouble. A credit to the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This property is 9 minutes walk from the beach. Melia Jardines del Teide is built around a huge pool complex and 12,000m² of tropical gardens. It has wonderful views of the coast and mountains, including Mount Teide. Rooms at the hotel are bright and spacious. They all have air conditioning and satellite TV. Each room has a balcony or terrace, with views of the pool, sea or mountains. Free WiFi is available throughout. Adults-only The Level services are available in some rooms, including a private lounge with free coffee and tea, private check-in area and daily cocktail hour, as well as private pool and rooms with Nespresso machine, pillow menu and designer toiletries. The Meliá Jardines del Teide offers 2 adult swimming pools, one being exclusive for The Level guests. There is also a children's pool. The hotel has a kids' club, as well as a full family entertainment programme. Dining options includes a buffet restaurant, an a la carte restaurant, the lobby bar and a restaurant serving snacks. The hotel is set just 9 minutes' walk from Playa del Duque beach, in southern Tenerife. Costa Adeje Golf Club is 1.5 km away. There is also a free shuttle service to a nearby shopping centre. There are also several shops on site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo, Orbitz, Expedia and Hotwire so you can book your Melia Jardines del Teide reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Jardines Del Teide Hotel Costa Adeje
- Melia Costa Adeje
- Melia Hotel Costa Adeje
- Melia Jardines Del Teide Tenerife/Costa Adeje