A week in the sun at this surprisingly classy all inclusive hotel was just the (pre xmas) ticket myself and my partner needed. We are all inclusive addicts with very high standards and in my opinion hotels like this one are few and far between. Some aspects of the hotel are worthy of 5 stars, for example, the exceptionally beautiful pools, sunbathing terraces, waitresses coming round to your sunbed with melons on skewers, and let’s not overlook the very coveted location on a hill above upmarket Playa del Duque – a posh enclave of very attractive luxury hotels a few minute’s walk from what must be one of Tenerife’s most beautiful stretches of sand. The star attraction of this hotel would be the incredible panoramic views all over the Las Américas area, at night it’s quite spectacular. We booked a sea view room which did not disappoint, it was smart, comfortable, modern and spacious, tastefully furnished (see pic) with a large sofa and comfy chair, the balcony looked over the smaller of the two pool areas and the sea beyond. The sunsets from here were gorgeous. The all inclusive buffet was good with a great selection of different foods, unlimited house wine by the bottle (you can pay a few more euros for a selection of better wines from a menu if you like, it’s good value however I personally found the house red to be very acceptable) and friendly, attentive service. The restaurant is low key but quite smart and has amazing views out over the resort. The bar is particularly lovely, again very smart and contemporary with comfy sofas and a large panoramic terrace. The drinks offered were very good, however I generally stuck to beer (Cruzcampo – delicious) and in the evenings, Baileys’s or coffee liqueur. There is no table service but the bar staff are friendly and smartly dressed. For lunch, we particularly enjoyed the selection from the pool bar – salads, kebab meat, pitta bread, pizzas, olives, etc, it was just what we needed. There is entertainment each night for those that want it, this varied in quality (I was accosted and dragged on stage by a psychotic belly dancer on one evening) the best of which was a particularly impressive flamenco group. The main pool is absolutely gorgeous, like a tropical lagoon with the mountains on one side and sweeping views of the sea and resort on the other. Beatriz at the pool bar deserves a special mention, she was was delightful, always smiling and very efficient. The pools are much deeper than average – be careful if you have young children, for adults, it’s perfect for swimming. We booked directly with melia.com – a very good deal. I highly recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This property is 9 minutes walk from the beach. Melia Jardines del Teide is built around a huge pool complex and 12,000m² of tropical gardens. It has wonderful views of the coast and mountains, including Mount Teide. Rooms at the hotel are bright and spacious. They all have air conditioning and satellite TV. Each room has a balcony or terrace, with views of the pool, sea or mountains. Free WiFi is available throughout. Adults-only The Level services are available in some rooms, including a private lounge with free coffee and tea, private check-in area and daily cocktail hour, as well as private pool and rooms with Nespresso machine, pillow menu and designer toiletries. The Meliá Jardines del Teide offers 2 adult swimming pools, one being exclusive for The Level guests. There is also a children's pool. The hotel has a kids' club, as well as a full family entertainment programme. Dining options includes a buffet restaurant, an a la carte restaurant, the lobby bar and a restaurant serving snacks. The hotel is set just 9 minutes' walk from Playa del Duque beach, in southern Tenerife. Costa Adeje Golf Club is 1.5 km away. There is also a free shuttle service to a nearby shopping centre. There are also several shops on site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Prodigios Interactivos SA, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Melia Jardines del Teide reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Jardines Del Teide Hotel Costa Adeje
- Melia Costa Adeje
- Melia Hotel Costa Adeje
- Melia Jardines Del Teide Tenerife/Costa Adeje