“Great variety of paella and seafood, lovely views of sunset”

La Gran Paella Valenciana
Ranked #84 of 329 Restaurants in Costa Adeje
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 17, 2017 via mobile

We've been here several times and really enjoyed it. We like the champagne sangria, the chicken and veg paella - so tasty and huge portions. The portion for one would do two really! We've also had the fish platter and enjoyed it. Our group had such a mixture of everything from fish n chips and chops to paella. We had booked, but we'd gone early so we could sit and watch the sun set there. It really is a great spot.

2  Thank Les M

Reviewed December 10, 2017

Wanted to try this place as some nights there are queues for tables, normally a good sign but we soon discovered that the queues are a result of very slow bad service. After 20 mins. we were served our drinks by a surly worker. We were able to give our food orders right away. After 1 hour , we still hadn’t been served, would have left at this point only our drinks hadn’t been paid for yet. In total it took 1 and half hours from drinks to food being served. I would like to say that it was worth the wait but in fact it was the worst Paella than I have ever been served. It was listed as “ mixed Paella “. Our side plate which was supposed to be used for shells, came in handy for dumping the lumps of fat that were supposed to be meat. Hardly any fish so we paid too much to end up with a plate of rice with some vegetables. Half way through, staff came to ask how it was & I replied “ awful “, they just smiled and walked away.

1  Thank Joan W
Reviewed December 7, 2017 via mobile

I’ll keep this brief and factual for those of you looking for an honest review.

We headed here after reading all of the reviews and expectations were high. The first thing we noticed was that the Host trying to get us into his venue was extremely rude and disinterested once we were seated. In fact, all of the staff were.

We ordered lobster soup to start - it was average in taste but they were very generous with the portions. Generous portions of average lobster soup...I can’t work out if that’s a good thing or a bad thing. I washed this down with the sangria which I must say was amazing and won them some points back!

For main we had the Gran Paella and the T bone. Both of these meals were pretty special. The paella could easily feed 4 and was cooked very very well. The Tbone was huge and cooked perfectly and exactly to my ask (medium rare). Both main meals were exceptional and for the price truly blew us away.

The only element that prevents this venue getting 4 stars is the lack of courtesy and attentiveness shown by the staff. I guess because they are rated so highly on trip advisor they know they will get the customers regardless of service levels so have clearly become a little complacent in this department.

Still, who goes to a restaurant for the service...its the food you go for and that is pretty special (apart from the average lobster soup served in abundance).

2  Thank Stuart S
Reviewed December 6, 2017

We were recommended this hotel and went as a party of 10.
Everyone thought the same.....
Fabulous food.....reasonably priced and served by friendly staff.
If you didn't know, you would walk past this place as it's really nothing to look at. But look at people's plates and you will see the quality and portion size......which is huge.
Love it and will return. Best steak I've had in years!

1  Thank Toon_fan_1
Reviewed November 25, 2017 via mobile

Hey, it wasn’t until I got back I realised I’ve never written a review for Gran paella even though we go back year on year.

We love it here. This time we came to Tenerife with friends. The dishes are always very reasonably costed and portions are so big.

I had an chicken escalope and it was the size of my head this time. I couldn’t believe it, surprisingly as a result I didn’t finish it! However, it was so yum and only cost 9 euros. My friends had a mixture of dishes and mojo sauce was brought to the table to accompany some of the dishes, which was also a nice touch as every where we’d been all week we had to ask for accompaniments.

The service is always very good and was excellent this time around. The guy who served us waved at us every time we walked past later in the week as he’d remembered us from our meal. (I thought this was a nice touch)

Thanks, We will be back.