“Love it here!”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 25, 2017 via mobile

Hey, it wasn’t until I got back I realised I’ve never written a review for Gran paella even though we go back year on year.

We love it here. This time we came to Tenerife with friends. The dishes are always very reasonably costed and portions are so big.

I had an chicken escalope and it was the size of my head this time. I couldn’t believe it, surprisingly as a result I didn’t finish it! However, it was so yum and only cost 9 euros. My friends had a mixture of dishes and mojo sauce was brought to the table to accompany some of the dishes, which was also a nice touch as every where we’d been all week we had to ask for accompaniments.

The service is always very good and was excellent this time around. The guy who served us waved at us every time we walked past later in the week as he’d remembered us from our meal. (I thought this was a nice touch)

Thanks, We will be back.

1  Thank Tallulah-hw

Reviewed November 15, 2017 via mobile

Highly recommend it, beautiful food and really good price. When I asked local people where should I have good food not like tourist trap, 8 out of 10 recommended this restaurant. The portion is huge and amazing price, we really wanted to try other restaurants but when having a look to dishes and prices we get back to la grand Valencia.

Reviewed November 15, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I tried this place on the basis of its popularity (we had to wait a few minutes for a table, it was chock-a-block!)
I ordered drinks (pint of lager for me and a small individual carafe of white wine for my wife) and then ordered our food (T-bone steak for me, half chicken and chips for my wife).
Our drinks hadn’t arrived after 7 minutes when one of the touts noticed, so he reminded our waiter who promptly brought us a large carafe of wine (not what we ordered, so he poured out a large glass for my wife), returning a minute later with my beer.
Our food arrived after another 15minutes, my steak wasn’t a t-bone, but was two rib steaks instead, served with salad and fat chips.
I asked for some mustard which promptly appeared only to find two other sauces for my steak were then delivered a few minutes later (if I had known I wouldn’t have bothered with the mustard!)
There was a spicy thinner sauce and a very strong garlic alioli.
Both went well with the steak, which was pink inside and a bit gristly in parts, but tasty.
I over did it with the garlic alioli and ended up with indigestion during the night!
My wife enjoyed her chicken, but is wasn’t a tasty as the half chickens you get when a Chinese chef is in the kitchen
Shan’t bother returning here!

Reviewed November 12, 2017

We were enticed to eat here by not only the spectacular view (positioned right in front of the Ocean) but by the amount of diners eating here every time we passed.
We decided to try breakfast as it was saying 2 euros!! Was wary - how could a full English be that cheap! Well it was delicious - unbelievable value. Service was also brilliant - would definitely recommend!

Reviewed November 11, 2017 via mobile

We were waiting more than 50 minutes. They should warn us about waiting time. I had to strongly remind them in polite way about us. Then they immediately give us food. My food was different then on the picture. Food was not tasty. My girlfriend has the same feeling about food taste. People were smoking just next to us.