“Wonderful food with excellent customer servce”
Review of Carlos

Carlos
Ranked #6 of 283 Restaurants in Costa Adeje
Cuisines: Seafood, International
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 16, 2013

My husband and I had an evening meal at Carlos on Tues 21st May. During our weeks holiday we ate in many of the local restaurants and one of the 5* hotels al a carte restaurant. Carlos was head and shoulders above them all for the quality of the food, the service, ambiance and value for money. I was unsure which wine I would prefer to drink and the waitress offered to let me try a drop first before ordering (excellent service). The wines were also very reasonably priced. My husband had the hot avocado & scallop dish to start, which was gorgeous and then my husband and I choose different fish dishes from the specials board. After finishing the starters, we asked the waiter if it was too late to ask chef if he would mind leaving a good gap before the main course. The waiter returned stating that chef had started to prepare the dishes but would be happy to put them on hold for us. Ten minutes or so later, the waiter returned to ask if we were ready for Chef to cook our main courses, which we were (great customer service). The main courses arrived nicely presented, perfectly cooked and were equally delicious. If between courses my husband had a cigarette, one of the waiters would immediately remove the ash tray and replace it with a fresh one (again excellent service). For dessert my husband and I shared a slice of home-made lemon cheese cake, which was very refreshing and extremely light and we could have easily fought over who got the last mouthful!

In summary, the superb quality of the food, the excellent service, ambiance and overall value for money, means I would have no hesitation in recommending this restaurant and will definitely eat there again if and when we are next in Costa Adeje.

1  Thank Emma L

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Visited Carlos recently,had the avocado starter to share which was lush.For main, my partner had steak with langostinos,steak was cooked to perfection,myself had the chicken dish with peach liquer,nice combination.We´re full after,had no space for dessert or whatsoever.Definiately recommend this place.Will visit again soon.

Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

I can see why this restaurant is No. 2 on TA.

Full marks across the board for this restaurant.

Would recommend the skewered hanging meat in garlic sauce, really tasty!

1  Thank JimmyCush
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We first sampled Carlos over seven years ago when it first opened and we have been at least twice per holiday (40+ visits) since. Normally we chose from the Al a Carte menu however tonight we decided to sample the 3 course for €20 menu, choice of 4 starters, 4 mains and 4 desserts. I have to say it was as good as any meal I've had in the place, the staff are attentive and helpful.
If you are looking for cheap microwaved meals then Carlos is not for you. On the other hand if you want freshly prepared and cooked food served by people who are passionate about what they do then a visit to Carlos should high up your list, go early in your holiday and I'll guarantee you will want to return.

1  Thank Gordon M
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Delicious food and excellent service - a little on the slow side but that is expected when the food is so good. It was quite warm inside the restaurant but as soon as our server noticed I was using my fan he turned up the ceiling fans and it was fine, We enjoyed our evening so much that we returned a few days later. This time we sat outside, however, there is a lot of noise from the bar/cafe next door which detracted from our enjoyment so would recommend an inside table.