Sunset Harbour Club by Diamond Resorts
Melia Jardines del Teide(Costa Adeje)
$193
$173
Melia.com
$428
$2,307
$178
Trip.com
Royal Garden Villas(Costa Adeje)
$505
$479
$153
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Iberostar Anthelia(Costa Adeje)
$287
$773
GF Gran Costa Adeje(Costa Adeje)
$248
$129
$125
  • Pool
$175
Cancelon
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsdiamond resortspool barclubhouse restaurantstudio apartmentdvd playerfridge freezertime sharebars and restaurantscoffee makerthe sofa bedthese apartmentsgreat resortground floorplenty of sunbedsyour doorsteppueblo torviscashome from home
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 11, 2014

We have just returned from another brilliant holiday staying at sunset harbour. The complex is lovely and clean with very friendly staff in the reception ,club house and pool bar.The apartments and studio's are spacious and very well equipped.You are always guaranteed to get a subbed around the pool. We cannot wait to go back again at the end of the year.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank 123shirley123
diamondresorts, Manager at Sunset Harbour Club by Diamond Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Thank you for your kind comments.
We are thrilled that your enjoyed staying on the resort and the apartments were well appointed and met your holiday needs.
It is great to read that our staff provided you with an excellent level of customer services during your stay with us.
We will look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Have always fancied staying in this resort so booked well in advance to secure, have travelled around Tenerife South in a lot of accommodations and know the area like the back of my hand, we stayed in block b room 3 - which had an amazing balcony and could have probably lost 6 sun loungers on it, never used the pool area so can't comment on any issues there, didn't use the food area only once for a coffee staff were quite cheerful persona and seemed to have a lovely rapport with other guests - we had family elsewhere so purely used it for self catering purposes. The bed was a novel idea and folded back to the wall I know it was hard work moving cushions etc but I liked the homely feel of it but see it as hard for some, could have left it set up. Didn't know we had to ask reception for towels managed to communicate by sign language that we needed ours changing especially as we were there for 12 days. Another thing that annoyed me was no cleaning was done other than changing a black bin in the kitchen most days, asked if sheets were getting changed to cleaner and was told no, think for the cost of the room I do not go to be a cleaner but go for a well deserved break, there is a lot of cleaning equipment now I know why - I saw the cleaners in the La Niña every day scrubbing the rooms nearby and this was cheaper than what we had paid. If a sheet was printed telling guests that cleaning is expected of them - Ingrid telephoned us checking if we had complaints and advised if fresh towels was required that they can be changed in reception - to me I am not going to gather towels and walk across to reception that was definitely a no no - I liked the place and this was a downside there was some cockroaches but there was spray underneath the sink just in case, after couple of days spraying it seemed to clear the problem. If I didn't do the cleaning I would have scored it more, this is something management can address quite quickly and wouldn't put me off going again.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
diamondresorts, Manager at Sunset Harbour Club by Diamond Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Thank you for your comments! We are not sure whether you are aware, there are a total of 255 apartments in the complex Pueblo Torviscas of which 124 (Sunset Harbour) are Diamond. The remaining 131 apartments are privately owned and 71 of these apartments are rented out by a different management company and should you be staying with them, we will unfortunately not be able to comment on your stay. Should you be a Diamond Resorts Hotel Guest and were staying with us for 12 days, your apartment should have been cleaned 4 times and you should have received 3 towels changes and two linen changes (including the cleaning and linen changing of the arrival day). If this was not the case, we must apologize for the inconvenience you may have experienced and would encourage you to contact our Customer Service Team so that we may further investigate this issue.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

On Tenerife's Fanabe Beach this resort complex is in the tropical garden setting. Very well taken care of, clean and spotless. Our spacious 1bdrm
apartment had all the comforts of home. Lovely balcony, ideal for having
breakfast. Fully equipped kitchenette. Great bathroom with all amenities.
Excellent staff, very helpful. No parking on site but plenty space on the street. Overall, just great.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 1trekky

Thank you for your lovely comments.
We are glad to read that you found your apartment spacious and well equipped.
It is great to read that the staff were friendly and helpful, we love to hear when our staff provide our guests with excellent customer services.
We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed January 2, 2014

It was our first visit to Sunset Harbour Club although we have visited the area many times and are familiar with the Colon Beach/Torviscas area because it is suitable for our family's needs. We have a young adult daughter with severe learning disabilities and life can be 'different' at times.

Bearing this in mind, following booking we were allocated an apartment through RCI, however, I felt it may be useful to mail Sunset Harbour Club direct letting them know what works best for us. Within 24 hours I received an acknowledgement that our correspondence was on file etc. To be honest, I was still apprehensive but on arrival I was very impressed, pleased and relieved that the administration team had obviously thought about my mail and they had reallocated us to a unit that perfectly met our needs.

We are not pool people so I cannot comment on any possible sunbed issues. I know when we were about the complex, there were always some loungers still stacked up. We were in a ground floor unit that had a lovely little patio and garden where I could move one of our apartment loungers around to catch the sun most of the day. I personally felt reassured that part of our security involved lockable patio gates.

Our evenings were spent strolling down to one of the restaurants on Colon Beach and then strolling back to catch the singers who were on at the Clubhouse each evening - all very good. The food was good too (we ate there one lunchtime and one evening). It is worth mentioning here that my daughter can be prone to challenging behaviour and she did have an episode one lunchtime at the Clubhouse but we were reassured at the time and afterwards which made us feel welcome and relaxed.

I found the apartment well equipped. Towels were changed often and the maids were friendly (I think they took a shine to my daughter and spoiled us). During the first night, I did get cold as my back was in a draft coming from a North facing bedroom window (no double glazing in Tenerife). When I returned from mentioning this to Reception, we were visited within ten minutes with a maid carrying an armful of fleecy blankets which resolved the matter. Being on the ground floor, we did experience some noise but we were able to get some reasonable sleep quality.

We had a lovely holiday and came home relaxed. On our last night we got chatting with some of the Clubhouse regulars and were made to feel very welcome. We certainly hope to return in the near future.

Please note, the complex is relatively accessible (I noticed great wheelchair access into the downstairs pool) but bear in mind that some so called accessible ramps in the area near the complex can be steep compared to the UK. However, it is in an area which is very handy for a variety of shops, bars and restaurants.

Room Tip: If you have any special requests, do contact Sunset Harbour beforehand so they can consider what may work best.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ricalajay
diamondresorts, Manager at Sunset Harbour Club by Diamond Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Thank you for your kind comments, we are glad our resort met yours and your family’s needs.
We will pass your lovely comments on to our food and beverage manager who will share your comments with the team.
It is great for us to read that your apartment met all of your holiday needs and was spacious and kept clean by our house keeping team.
We are thrilled to hear that our staff provided you with excellent customer services and we hope you do visit us again in the future.
Resort manager

Reviewed December 28, 2013

I will begin with the positives:
Spotlessly clean so a big thank you to the cleaning staff who are always forgotten about and work hard.
Reception: staff very efficient and friendly and any query was sorted out immediately.
Pool bar restaurant: excellent and nice, friendly waiters and lovely food.
Day café: great tuna toastie
Clubhouse: friendly staff. Plastic windows and patio heaters the same as the pool bar has are needed as the evenings were cold to sit out.

Negatives:
I detested that pull down wall bed. Please note it is NOT a sofa bed. You have to take all the cushions off the sofa to enable the bed to be pulled down.
I could hardly reach the handles and hurt my back the first night trying to pull it down. If you are under 5'3" or an older person, you will find it difficult getting out and it as it is so high. I slept on the sofa most of the nights I was there. There is no headboard so you can't sit up and read your book in bed or watch TV. Why Diamond has chosen this option, I will never know as it was awful! I could never recommend a studio.

Pool: What a fiasco, every morning at 9 o'clock! Nothing, but nothing gets done about guests claiming their spot dead on 9 a.m. Well before that, they put stools down with their towels on them to claim that sacred spot. It's nothing short of a disgrace, to allow that to happen.
In the winter months, when the sun is low, a lot of the pool doesn't get the sun until, at least 11 a.m. and that is why the great sun-worshippers claim their spot. They then disappear and reappear when the sun is hot, around mid-day.
One party of six put their LITTLE towels down at 9 a.m. and didn't appear until mid-day, every day. This needs to be addressed. The management does ABSOULTELY NOTHING. There should be a pool attendant there to remove these towels.

Food in Clubhouse a hit and a miss. Baked potato had a reheated taste and hard so quite inedible. Breakfast - Was that supposed to be a tattie scone? Certainly didn't resemble any I've had. Tomatoes - tinned which I hate and horrible mushrooms. Salmon dish was lovely though.

I have travelled abroad since 1966 so do know what I'm talking about and will give credit where credit is due but I, also, have to be honest about anything that has displeased me.

I would go back if I had a normal bed and they sorted out the pool bed hogging.

As there are no single beds, Diamond, obviously does not want to encourage single friends to visit.

There is a lot of time-share and similar and these people seem to think they have the monopoly of sun-beds.
No shortage of sunbeds - just the sunny spots to place them.

Room Tip: A must, for me, would always be a top floor room with afternoon sun.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank SANDYSCOT
diamondresorts, Manager at Sunset Harbour Club by Diamond Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

We are very sorry to read that you have experienced inconvenience while sleeping on the pull down bed, we have chosen this solution in attempt to offer a space saving option, so demanded in a studio type of accommodation, we are sorry if you were disappointed. Same goes for the towels policy - we assure you that we do have a scheme on place where any towels left behind to secure space will be removed. We are not certain what happened on this occasion, however we will most definitely address this with the team. We hope that you had an otherwise pleasant stay however and wish you all the best on your future travels!