“Simply the Best”

GreenLeadersSilver level
London
“Simply the Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for two weeks, not long enough, we didnt want to leave. I would put this hotel up there with the best in the world. It is on a par with the top hotels in Dubai except that it has the added bonus of being an adults only hotel and is on a smaller scale. All the 'rooms' are suits and even the cheapest standard suite is most comfortable with enough space. We had a lovely suite with a full sea view. The only fault in my opinion was that the walk in closet was not big enough to accommodate the clothes for two people staying for two weeks and yes the wifi connection was terrible although we were told that there was a fault all over the island and the technicians were having a problem trying to fix it, apparently that is not the case.

I have to praise the reception staff, they were tireless in their efforts to help everyone with whatever they needef to make their holiday special.

The restaurant staff were lovely, always pleasant and making sure you were satisfied with the food and service. Excellent!

My favourite place was the spa, it is like being in a cave. It has a lagoon type heated pool. A great jacuzzi. Relaxing treatments with very experienced therapists.

And the great thing about this place is that its only a four hour flight and as its on the same timeline as the UK no jetlag! I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed January 2013
4 Thank Ravella29
IberostarHoteles, Online Reputation Manager at IBEROSTAR Grand Hotel El Mirador, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear guest,

In the first place, we would like to thank you for your stay in our Iberostar Grand Hotel El Mirador and for your praising comments. It is a pleasure for us to read how much you have enjoyed your stay with us.

It fills us with joy that you could enjoy the gastronomical efforts of our chefs. In Iberostar Grand Hotel El Mirador we strive to satisfy the many culinary wishes of our guests so that each and every dining experience proves sensational, offering the most delicious international and local dishes as well as tasty drinks.

On the other hand, we would like to thank you for your kind words towards our staff which is the base to offer the close and personalized service Iberostar is famous for. They will surely celebrate that you wrote that they were very friendly. As all of them work very hard, striving to surpass guest expectations, we will definitely pass on your satisfaction with their services.

We greatly appreciate your positive review of our Iberostar Grand Hotel El Mirador and the fact that you had such an enjoyable stay with us. We look forward to serving you again soon.

Faithfully yours,

Iberostar Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (379)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

We recently (Feb 5-12) spent a very enjoyable week at the 'El Mirador' and would recommend it highly. We have stayed at various hotels in the Costa Adeje area and would rate this the best yet. For a 'mature' couple the absence of young children was a plus, and being a fairly small hotel it was generally an oasis of calm.
The general standard of food was very high and the service exceptional - a feature of the hotel in general. On a half board rate, we saw no reason to go outside to eat and ate in the hotel every night taking full advantage of the offer to eat one night in each of the two a la carte restaurants in addition to the buffet dinners. A very nice feature of the buffet dinners was the choice from six main courses that were served at your table.
The staff throughout the hotel were friendly and helpful and always looking for ways to make your stay more comfortable and enjoyable.
Our room had everything we could have wanted - including a large and comfortable bed - although some cosmetic upgrading would perhaps be desirable, particularly in the bathroom.
As another reviewer commented, the only negative of our stay was the internet wifi system which was unusable in the bedroom and only intermittently available in the lobby area. I would add that this was the state of affairs as late as Feb 12.
All in all a very enjoyable stay at a very fine hotel and certainly one we will return to.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank al-k-traz
IberostarHoteles, Online Reputation Manager at IBEROSTAR Grand Hotel El Mirador, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear guest,

We would like to thank you very much for your encouraging comments on our hotel and staff. It is always great to receive positive feedback on numerous aspects of the hotel services and installations.

We strive to ensure that the culture of warm hospitality is imbued in every person who works at the Iberostar Grand Hotel El Mirador and to capture perfectly the exact balance between courtesy and friendliness which is different for each guest. We are delighted that you underlined your satisfaction with this aspect of your stay with us.

The Iberostar Grand Hotel El Mirador understands that food and drinks are an important factor in your hotel experience, and have created a varied assortment of options to please every type of guest. Reading that you were satisfied with the quality and the variety, makes us feel that we are doing a good job which stimulates us to become even better.

We hope your stay was as pleasant as it could possibly be and we would be absolutely delighted to may receive you again in the near future.

Sincerely yours,

England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

I stayed here for four days for my father's 70th birthday, my parent's have stayed on in the hotel for a month until March. I was so impressed by this hotel I don't really know where to start - so to avoid confusion I think it would be best to start at the beginning! The hotel is extremely impressive as you walk in, the reception lobby is light, cool and airy with wonderful indoor ponds and seating area. Our check in was quick and we were served Cava as we waited. Unfortunately I had to wait 10 minutes for my room (junior suite) to be ready so I was upgraded to the VIP Balconada area. My room was absolutely gorgeous, spacious, luxurious (with all amenities including complimentary water/magazines/bathroom soaps etc) and down the steps was the Balconada (usually 55 euro per person per night pending availability and on request). This was an area with private sun loungers, pool and open bar which had coffee, tea, fruit, soft and alcoholic drinks; cocktails were also served in the afternoon and around 5pm afternoon tea (tea/coffee/pastries) was also served. Unfortunately on entering my parents room (junior suite superior) there was clearly a mistake as it was a junior suite, I went down to reception and there had a been a miscommunication with the reservation, however it was dealt with efficiently and my parents sunbathed for an hour until a porter moved their bags to their correct room which was on the fourth floor with a wonderful, large balcony and beautiful amenities and decor. There was a lovely turn down service at night and a complimentary chocolate was left on the pillow.
We had chosen the half board option and would definitely recommend this. The buffet was magnificant, there was all kinds of food laid out for starters including cold meats, salads, cheeses etc and mains orders were taken at the table - whilst I was there the menu included lamb, sirloin, hake and king prawns. Pudding was also on the buffet and including beautiful little cakes and ice creams however every evening the chefs would be in the restaurant creating puddings for everyone to taste such as tequila souffles, strawberry and greek yoghurt sundaes etc. There was a wonderful wine list and a great attention to detail - when the mains were brought out they were topped with silver lids which were removed all at once in a great display. The service in the restaurant is second to none, although I can't remember everyone's name - Philip and Rosa were lovely. Breakfast again was wonderful, there were cold meats, fruit, cereals, hot breakfast, smoothie bar and Cava was brought round to the table. We had lunch in the poolside restaurant which is open Monday to Thursday, the setting is beautiful and the service was personal and wonderful. The menu is simple but delicious, I had a beautiful piece of Hake with roasted vegetables. Every night at the poolside bar there was a great atmosphere from the different live musicians every night, the bar staff were great fun and there was a large range of amazing cocktails!
My parents called to say on Valentines day a complimentary bottle of wine and chocolates were sent to the room, and red roses and champagne were given out at dinner - this hotel has an amazing attention to detail and nothing seems too much for them! I couldn't get a reservation at the spa but it does look wonderful and serene and the treatment list contains massages and facials.
This is the hotel to go to if you want complete luxury - it is so peaceful, you can just hear the waves from the beach below. The hotel has entrances to Playa Del Duque just below so its a very short walk to the beach and the shops. I will definitely return to this hotel for many years to come, the decor is stunning, the service is wonderful, the food is first class and the general atmosphere is one of relaxation and luxury. Absolutely first class.

Room Tip: My room was 1219 - junior suite with Balconada.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank KristinaEngland
Dear Kristina,

We always find it nice to read that our guests went home with great holiday memories and we are very grateful for the time and effort that you gave yourself to share the experience of your recent holiday with us and Tripadvisor readers.

That you have fully enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that we could fulfill your expectations as a five-star establishment is very pleasant. We always try to pamper our guests with the best service to make their stay as comfortable as possible and we are proud that we could make our goal with you.

In Iberostar it is our goal to achieve that our guests enjoy a splendid and unforgettable vacation and a phrase like “I will definitely return to this hotel for many years to come, the decor is stunning, the service is wonderful, the food is first class and the general atmosphere is one of relaxation and luxury. Absolutely first class.” indicates us that on this occasion we have been successful. This motivates us to keep meeting our demanding quality standards because to us there is no better reward than the affirmation of our guests that they had a lovely stay.

Sunny regards,

Salisbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

My key test for a hotel rests in the quality of staff they employ and the training they give them; on that basis El Mirador is superb.

From the ebulliently cheerful welcome from the bellman, to the huge smile and "hola" from the maintenance man as he interrupted his work to step aside to let us pass, to the smiling "good morning" from the housekeepers and the restaurant staff, to the gracious smiling welcome from the hotel manager .... the culture of warm hospitality is imbued in every person who works at the hotel. And they capture perfectly the exact balance between courtesy and friendliness which is different for each guest.

Grand Hotel El Mirador is indeed grand. The architecture resembles a Moorish palace and the atmosphere is that of staying as a guest in exactly such a place. It's an adults-only hotel and combined with the rambling layout of the hotel and its grounds that results in a gloriously quiet and relaxing environment. The area around the pool is a particular delight with huge lawn a and paved areas casually, almost randomly, divided into smaller private areas with shrubs and palm trees in abundance. I suspect 200 people could lay and wander around the pool and still retain a feeling of peacefulness and solitude. The pool itself is a long, thin, meandering affair at the side looking almost like a natural rock lake. The sunbeds, by the way, are unusually comfortable and covered with mattress and towelling mattress cover. I have to mention the main "chair and towel" man - Angelo - who never waited to be asked if we needed help and always greeted his guests with a huge smile.

Our room was, I suspect, the cheapest in the hotel and it was no better than wonderfully spacious and comfortable. It was a long, thin suite consisting of walk-in closet, bathroom/toilet with stand-ip shower as well as in-bath shower, bedroom with a vast double bed (two large singles pushed together actually, but very comfortable), an open plan sitting area with 2-seater sofa, 2 small armchairs and TV, and a small terrace with two chairs and a table. The room had a largely mountain view with a side view (just) of the sea.

We were on the top (sixth) floor of the hotel and right at the southern end of the hotel, and I think that our room and that next door (numbers 1601 and 1602) were the only rooms without sea view. The access to the room was along a quirkily zig-zag outdoor balcony, and all the other rooms (in fact this is an all-suite hotel) were along one side. An occasional glance inside those rooms showed them to be much bigger than ours, and some had full private terraces and pergolas.

We used the main restaurant for breakfast every day, and a few times for dinner. The variety and quality of the food was excellent, and the 3-course dinner (buffet starter and dessert with a choice of 6 mains served at your table) was fantastic value at 35 Euros. The staff were uniformly cheerful, helpful and efficient but again I need to mention two people who were absolutely determined to ensure that we had everything exactly as we would lime it - Head Chef Pascal Bautes and senior waiter Juan - who helkped to make every meal a pleasure!

We also had lunch a few times at one of the two a la carte restaurants - La Pergola - which demonstrated an equally high standard.

When this hotel was built into the steep hillside behind the beach someone had a clever idea! They also built a small shopping centre to "connect" the hotel to the promenade, so that access to the promenade is down a few sets of enclosed wooden staircases through the multilevel shops. This area also contains three very good restaurants and a lively music bar which provide excellent alternatives to the hotel restaurants. I can recommend Soba (a Thai style restaurant with a limited menu) and Acanto (the music bar) which serves very good snacks for lunch and then becomes a night-time cocktail bar with live music. Torre del Mirador is also good but more of the "home-cooking" style and quite expensive for what it provides.

A few minutes south along the promenade are more restaurants and a small shopping mall (Centro Comerciale Paris) and then 5 minutes further up the hill is the ultra-smart and very new Centro Comerciale del Duque which is full of boutiques and expensive shops.

I started by saying how wonderful the staff are at this hotel, and having already mentioned a few by name I cannot end without mentioning two of the Reception staff - Tom and Paola - who worked so hard to make sure that I had everything they could provide. By very bad planning I was at the hotel on the day of NFL Superbowl, and I asked them if the match was being shown on Spanish TV. They found that it was, and arranged to have it shown in their public TV room JUST FOR ME from 11pm until the early hours. Wow! And at every turn they were so helpful with information, advice and assistance.

And that leads me to the one bad thing I have to say about the hotel, the one problem that all the efforts of Tom and Paola could not resolve. Internet access is AWFUL. The signal was so weak in my room that although my laptop connected it could not achieve access. This may have been because my room was at the furthest possible location from the router (extreme end of top floor) but I doubt that. When I took my laptop to the ground floor lounge, the signal strength was excellent but connection was sloooow and very patchy. Simple site access would often take several minutes, and it seemed that evry ten minutes or so the access simp,y dropped out. The hotel really does need to take technical steps to correct this problem - and that means spending some money on equipment!

El Mirador is a great place for a peaceful holiday, in a great location. It is without doubt the best holiday hotel (for my needs) that I have stayed at anywhere in the world, and I am already planning a return trip as soon as I possibly can!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
IberostarHoteles, Online Reputation Manager at IBEROSTAR Grand Hotel El Mirador, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear Marty,

What a delight to read your extensive review full of wonderful comments on our Iberostar Grand Hotel El Mirador. We always strive to achieve maximum customer satisfaction and it is very motivating and pleasant to see that on this occasion we reached our goal.

Regarding the incidence with the internet connections, we want to apologies once more for the inconvenience during the update of the software to make it faster. This uncomfortable situation is now largely solved and we are happy to be able to offer a smooth and quick connection.

On the other hand, we are delighted and we want to thank you for highlighting the comfort and spotlessness of our rooms, the lovely pool area, the beautiful location, and the quality of our culinary performances as also the first class attention received from our outstanding staff. We see that you enjoyed what for us is basic: a stay where you can feel as at home with the great advantage of benefiting from a wide range of services to fully enjoy your holiday.

Iberostar tries it´s very best to offer comfortable accommodation in great locations. It is always our intention to enrich your stay with local and international delis and pamper you with a service characterized by its excellence and proximity. Your affirmation to have enjoyed all our prime pillars fills us with joy and is the best reward for our daily efforts. We will be delighted to welcome you back!

Kindest regards,

Portsmouth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

Just returned from a five day break with a friend and stayed at this beautiful hotel. Everything about it was lovely - the building itself is stunning and very spacious and beautifully decorated. The staff were excellent - nothing was too much trouble - special thanks to the guys who move the sunbeds and umbrellas around - you do a great job ! We had a fifth floor room with sea view which was just lovely. We had bed and breakfast - so much choice for the breakfast - and had lunch sometimes in the hotel which was good and also visited the nearby bars and restaurants. Our favourites were La Torre del Mirador in the evening - great atmosphere/food and music and also Restaurant Manantial de la Caleta - an unpretentious restaurant serving excellent food. Both are very near the hotel. This is just a perfect place to relax - beautiful grounds with plenty of space for everyone Would we go back ? Absolutely !!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
6 Thank Janie000
Dear Janie,

We also thank you for letting us know that our breakfast could largely satisfy you. The gastronomy is an important pillar of our company and we do our utmost to please all palates. It is enjoyable to read that we could conquest yours.

Further, we would like to thank you for highlighting how tasteful our rooms are decorated. We find it most important to offer comfortable and attractive accommodation and it is very nice to hear that you enjoyed the pleasant décor, the marvelous setting and the wonderful surroundings and views.
Last but not least, we are grateful for the nice comments related to our staff, it is satisfying to see that we achieved our main goal, being that you feel welcome and enjoy our desire to serve you.

In name of all of the staff, we thank you again for your visit, we were all delighted to have you among us and we would be honored to have the pleasure to welcome you back in our Iberostar Grand Hotel El Mirador.

Our best regards,

Menston, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

Just returned from a week in this hotel.
Everything about this hotel was excellent with one small exception.
On odd occasions the served main course in the buffet restaraunt was not up to the high standard of the rest of the experience.
Bill H

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank William H
IberostarHoteles, Online Reputation Manager at IBEROSTAR Grand Hotel El Mirador, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear William,

We would like to express our gratitude for the comments you made about your recent visit. They help us to understand how our guests experience their stay with us. It is always our goal to achieve maximum customer satisfaction and we are delighted to hear that your holiday at Iberostar Grand Hotel El Mirador was an enjoyable one. We continuously strive to deliver high standards and to ensure that all our guests leave with beautiful vacation memories.

The gastronomy is an important facet of our company and we do our utmost to please all palates. Therefore, we shared your constructive critics regarding our culinary offer with our chefs who committed to continue dedicating their finest attention to detail when it comes to remarkably prepared food.

Last but not least, we want to thank you once more for sharing your opinion and letting us know that you enjoyed your week holiday with us and we would be absolutely delighted to accommodate you again on your next visit to Tenerife.

Yours sincerely,

Basel, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

We just came back from celebrating our wedding anniversary in this lovely hotel where we spent five unforgettable days. The whole staff to name a few (assistant manager Yara, the restaurant managers Francisco and Javier, Plamen and his colleague chefs, Mercedes from the spa) more than exceeded our expectations. We were spoiled with special treats and attention from the moment we arrived at the hotel. Thank you everybody for making our stay an unforgettable experience
Regarding the hotel and facilitates I fully agree with all other positive reviews –beautifully decorated rooms, breathtaking views, lavish gardens, lovely pools and fine sandy beach across form the hotel. The spa and the treatments are great as well. Mercedes and her colleges are doing a fantastic job☺
There are great running conditions which can easily guarantee a 10km run along the scenic coast.
No negatives at all. I would strongly recommend this hotel to anyone.
And here’s a tip- if by chance a fish bone gets stuck in your throat just eat some soft bread and don’t make a big noise about it…. unless of course you want to be treated with free dinner at the fabulous La Pergola ☺
Grateful thanks to the hotel management and the whole staff once more.
We will definitely go back there again

Room Tip: Take a room with a sea view!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Vesi_12
IberostarHoteles, Online Reputation Manager at IBEROSTAR Grand Hotel El Mirador, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear guest,

It is wonderful to receive such a fantastic response to our efforts of being there for our guests, pampering them with the close and personalized service Iberostar is famous for. All our team is focused on the developing of an authentic culture of luxury service and your praising comments are the best reward for our daily work.

We look forward to receiving you again at your earliest convenience to thank you personally for your encouraging review.

Our best regards,