“Friendly!”
Review of Imperial Motel

Imperial Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Terrace Bay
Imperial Motel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Terrace Bay
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Was a great haven for a weary traveller who was on the road for 16hrs travelling from Regina.
Checked in just after 10pm, and the staff was very helpful.
Sure it is a little dated but room was clean and OK value for the cost.
Wished I coulda stayed longer to try the food at Drifters! But the bartender offered up chicken wings and a couple cold beers, in the bar downstairs.
Would definitely be on my list for a stop again, on my cross Canada trips!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Imperial Motel

Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

I stayed on the second floor facing the highway. All noises from the highway, adjoining rooms, the bar/restaurant attached to the motel (open until 2am), the attached Esso station, could be heard though the doors and windows were shut.
Security is a problem in that the sliding windows had no locks and I was able to open them from outside the room.
The door is opened by a key in knob doorknob with no deadbolt or security latch anywhere.
The carpets were dirty as this motel is probably a frequent stop for workers.
There was a view of Lake Superior but I had to look around the deck that was being constructed outside my room.
On the upside, the attached Drifters restaurant serves up a steak dinner for $9.99 on Friday nights after 4pm; so, eat here but stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed October 29, 2012

EVERY morning it's the festival of ideling noisy truck in front of the lobby.. Bigger than the muffler is, better than the ideling time is long... You cannoy sleep over 6:00 am and it's a good place to meet friends, talk and lought out loun in front of the room ok everybody ho wants to recover the short night because drunk people keep you awake till 2:00 am when they finisht to drink at the lounge bar of the place. 2 weeks for me here... no more choice..

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 14, 2012

If your looking for a warmed up McCains Pizza, this is the place. Had the Margherita Pizza: listed ingredients were suppose to be Bococcini cheese, with fresh basil & tomatoes on thin crust. It was processed cheese on a premade crust! Barely warm. Pizza pop!

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed July 13, 2011

I'd just like to say, thank you to the Imperial Staff for being so honest when I left my phone at the room here, which by the way is very lovely, a modern cottage feel, cozy and romantic. The area is just beautiful; if you haven't been to Northern Ontario you don't know what your missing!

Terrace Bay mechanic brought us here after our car broke down a couple hours from Thunderbay. I would honestly suggest stopping over here instead of Thunderbay if your road tripping across. They have a small bar with friendly staff.

Great area, will have to visit for a prolonged period, maybe to experience the longest zip line only an hour away.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DPou87
Reviewed September 15, 2010

Not being familiar with what was available in Terrace Bay and not wanting to be caught without a room I had made a reservation. On my drive to Terrace Bay as I got closer they had billboards which said "newly renovated" so I was feeling better about my choice but upon my arrival this place certainly didn't show any signs of renovations. When I checked in I found that the rate I was being charged was $89 (plus tax) which surprised me and it was processed on my credit card right away. I was given a key to my room and upon trying to get the key to work the whole lock mechanism came off on the end of the key. I took this back down to the front desk and asked if I had to pay extra for a room with a lock that worked. I would not get my money back as it had already been processed so they moved me to another room. The lock worked on this one but the room furnishings were very old and falling apart, the TV was awful, the cleanliness left much to be desired, let me say that I didn't take my shoes off as the carpets were so dirty, and the bathroom wasn't any better with very old, thin ragged toweling. This is not a place for anyone to stay even at a rate of $29 - it is a dump. My recommendation is to travel an extra 15 minutes to the town of Schrieber were there were several very nice looking motels. I will certainly do that the next time I am travelling through that area.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
3  Thank 1Bubba
Reviewed August 16, 2010

The Imperial Motel looks exactly like what it is, basically a place to stop at on your way to somewhere else. The room was clean enough but kind of shabby & dated. When I tried to plug in the coffee maker I discovered that the plug plate was just hanging off other wires. The base board was missing entirely across one wall.
On the plus side the restaurant (Drifters) attached to the motel was very good. The food tastey & plentiful & not over priced.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank leggot

Been to Imperial Motel? Share your experiences!