See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 13, 2015 via mobile

I liked to stay for business trip.
Good breakfast, normal price, but small single rooms, a herritage from soviet times I guess.
No problem faced with room availability. No breakfast exists. Small lobby, slmost no small place for socialization.

Stayed: April 2015, traveled on business
1  Thank Asgard95
Reviewed January 4, 2015

My husband and I stayed at the Vostok Hotel during a two day break from the Trans Siberian Railway. We chose it after fleeing a horrible Airbnb room that wasn't as advertised. The Vostok appeared to be the best option at the mid-range price point we were looking for.

PROPERTY: Great central location. The disco light show outside in the evenings is pretty amusing but once inside, the lobby and bar areas are modern and clean. The room wasn't luxe, but tidy and adequate for the price with reliable wifi. We opted out of the breakfast (which cost extra) so I can't speak to that.

One downside was that a gym was advertised as part of the property but that wasn't totally accurate. It's actually a privately operated business connected to the hotel and it wasn't open during our stay. Disappointing. We ended up going for a jog by the river across town instead.

SERVICE: Friendly and helpful. Staff spoke English which was greatly appreciated. We also loved that the Vostok had a flexible late check-out policy. We had a night train to catch at 11pm and the hotel let us pay a reasonable half-day rate to extend our stay until 9pm the day of check out. Super helpful for travelers or business people.

All in all it's a pleasant, affordable option.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 23, 2014

This is a pretty good Hotel, I've been all over Russia and this is probably the best hotel I've stayed in so far. The room was big, the bed was OK and the free Wi-Fi was superb but the bathroom was very poor with a small wash basin and very poor plumbing to the shower, with the water constantly changing temperature. It was kept very clean though. The Bar / Restuarant was also very good with a buffet on every evening and a bar menu available also. The reception staff were very good and spoke excellent English, all in all a very good Hotel.

Room Tip: I was on floor 7, nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Eric A
Reviewed June 11, 2014

I stayed at Vostok Hotel for one week, and I was quite satisfied in spite of a few minimal inconveniences, unavoidable in the non-touristic parts of Russia. Check-in was easy and efficient by English-speaking employees. My room, overlooking Republic Ave from the 8th floor, was large enough, with a good desk. Excellent ("large single") bed but small bathroom with unpractical shower: no handle and gliding down soap-box. I had to make in my room an extensive use of the wi-fi: connections were rather unstable for two days but, before I complained, everything went all right. My room was very clean and well kept clean by silent (= non English speaking) persons. Sound insulation was good, as I was never bothered by my neighbours. Check-out easy.
I often used the hotel restaurant called "V-Cafe": every day for breakfast, twice for lunch and six times for dinner (sometimes with guests). Menu, although invariable, was long enough not to bore me.Yet I doubt that I would have said the same afer a second week. Fortunately, I would have found some other restaurants in the City.
I was able to walk around the hotel through some nice small parks and, a bit futher, a shopping area. I shall certainly consider to return to the Vostok Hotel if I visit again Tyumen.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Hi,

I stayed in Vostok hotel Tyumen during my business trip in April 2013, here is my impression of the property.

1/ Check-in-out - no problem, swift , efficient, no mistakes. I checked -in with a group of people, some did have mistakes in their bookings - i was just luckier. Pricing is OK ( for inland Russia) but they always have some special offers and promos, check the official site.

2/ Rooms are small, as all the previous posters truly mentioned. The exact size is 21 sq.m.

3/ Room decor, furnishing, bedding etc, all is dated, never stylish and barely functional. The positive point - there is a sitting area with a small table that was in the same time a writing desk and one armchair. LCD TV. No tea/ coffee making facilities in a room.

4/ Bathroom with shower cubicle and vanity counter is OK, amenities are fine and clean too (shampoo, shower gel, soap). Towels are in plenty, all crispy clean and changed daily. No Hair dryer.

5/ Breakfast. A pleasant surprise actually - a selection of cereal (4 choices), cold cuts (3 choice), veggies (cucumbers and parsley), fruit (apple, orange). Three or four choices of hot dishes, no cheese counter, egg counter ,yogurt, cottage cheese, juices ( 2 choices). Tea or coffee - self-service.

6/ Internet access is FOC in all room types and public areas - connection and signal quality - all fine.

8/ Taxis are easily called and waved by concierges at the entrance. % min waiting time at most.

9/ The area around the hotel is the definite part.... 2 supermarkets ( food) in 5 min walk from the front door and a couple of restaurants/ pizzeria - within 15 min walk. Bus stop ( local service) is directly in front of the hotel. Distance from airport - about 45 min drive.
10/ If you have any question I`ll be happy to answer.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business