“Lovely room and great service”
Review of The Anchor Inn

The Anchor Inn
The Anchor Inn
Ranked #2 of 10 Whitchurch B&B and Inns
“Lovely room and great service”
Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

I used to live in Whitchurch and was staying last weekend while visiting friends.
A friend mentioned that the anchor had reopened and refurbished some rooms and was doing bed and breakfast so I booked in there.
It's right in the centre of the town within walking distance of all the pubs, restaurants and towns market every Friday.
When I arrived at the anchor I felt very welcome, the staff were fantastic and really helpful.
For what I remembered being a pretty basic pub years ago it's been refurbished really nicely and in the bedrooms everything has been thought of (they even have hair dryers which I really wasn't expecting but ended up being grateful for)
All in all I would recommend to anyone, well worth a visit for a weekend and great value too!

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Kate J

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I stayed at the Anchor last week and was highly impressed.

The room I was in was very clean and fresh, I think I might have been the first person to sleep there since refurbishment as there was a mild scent of paint in the hall (not in the room though).
I had a delicious and substantial evening meal there and several pints of ale, which was in very good condition. Breakfast was similarly good, there was a nice atmosphere and the locals were friendly - which is probably a good indicator. The bed I slept in was very comfortable, which is really the most important thing.
Best of all, the staff were all extremely attentive, friendly and helpful. The night's stay was well priced and Whitchurch itself is a nice spot.
Next time I'm in the area, I would definitely like to go back.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Richard W
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 10, 2014

I was travelling to a friends wedding just outside Whitchurch and needed somewhere to stay for the night. I booked the Anchor Inn last minute as a bed for the night. What I actually got was one of the best stays I have ever experienced. From the moment I arrived in Whitchurch and they kindly came and picked me up from the station, to leaving in the morning was just excellent.

The rooms have recently been refurbished and are beautiful, with lots of nice little touches. The food downstairs is also extremely nice and freshly prepared.

Considering it is above a pub, there was no noise whatsoever and I had a great night's sleep.

The owner also helped arrange for a hairdresser to come to my room in the morning to do my hair ready for the wedding I was going to. And a taxi was ordered and ready for me when I left.

It is somewhere that I definately recommend and will be returning to very soon I hope.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Julie J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Whitchurch
Macdonald Hill Valley Hotel, Golf & Spa
Abbey Green Farm bed & Breakfast
The Dodington Lodge
The Dodington Lodge
#7 of 10 in Whitchurch

Been to The Anchor Inn? Share your experiences!