“World Class Hotel”

GreenLeadersGold level
West Midlands
“World Class Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2010

What impressed me most about this hotel were the attendtive staff. In particular the staff on reception and in the health spa and a special mention to the lady cleaning the rooms who showed me and my mum to our room when we got lost and even carried my mums bag for her. The room was clean with lovely bathroom and a nice view. The food was well cooked and tasty. I really appreciated having breakfast served at our table which is unusual for a large hotel as it usually involves a rugby scrum at the breakfast buffet. We had two treatments in the spa and were dealt with politely and professionally. The swimming pool was divided into two lanes for adult swimmers and others which was great as I get rather annoyed if i am trying to swim and there are children splashing around in my way. The hotel seemed really peaceful and quiet even though there were golfers and a wedding on and it was the best hotel I have stayed in for some time. All in all a perfect weekend and I would highly reccommend.

• Stayed June 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
Surrey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2010

I booked this hotel as the location suited a bike ride I was organising for 50 cyclists. The hotel staff were super friendly and efficient and made sure we had everything we needed for our stay.
The rooms are beautiful - very clean and tidy - speakers in the bathroom gave me a shock - great being able to hear the news in the shower!
We'd stupidly left our window open so come bed time our room was cold - in a diva type style we called reception and were brought blankets - great service and a great nights sleep.
Stunning location - if you want a weekend away, are getting married, love golf, whatever the occasion, I can thoroughly recommend the Macdonald Hill Valley Hotel.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2010

This is a nice hotel in nice grounds but service was patchy (and non-existent in the lounge area). Rooms are big and comfortable but I wouldn't go there again unless it was essential.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Wolverhampton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2010

I have just returned from my hen weekend at this resort and can give nothing but positive feedback. The hotel itself was beautiful and well looked after. The staff were friendly and helpful. We had a great time in the spa and the facilities are brilliant.
I would thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a relaxing weekend break.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
teesside
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2010

Stayed at this hotel last Friday and Saturday and can highly recommend.The golf course setting is extremely pleasant and the hotel smart,modern and very well appointed.We were on a weekend deal DBB for £180 per couple which was really good value.The service at Reception and in the Restaurant was first class and both breakfast and dinner were excellent.Our ground floor room was very smart and spacious and overlooked one of the golf courses. The Spa complex was well equipped and of high quality.Notice that most other reviews seemed similarly complementary which are well deserved.Will certainly stay here again when visiting this area.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
chester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2010

We have just returned from a one night Sunday Golf and spa break and can only praise the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff, Reception, Restaurant and Spa. Dinner and breakfast was plentiful and tasteful, the staff couldn't have been more helpful, they even moved a table into the conservatory for us at our request. Our spa treatments were excellent and my daughter and I were given good and helpful advice. Father and son-in-law thought the both golf courses were in wonderful condition and enjoyed playing the two courses. This is our third visit and we would not hesitate on re-visiting and recommending this hotel to our friends and family.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
wrexham
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2010

We stayed for an overnight spa break. From the beginning it was a disaster we were met with an incredibly rude and huffy receptionist stating our rooms wouldn't be ready until 3pm when we had been asked to arrive early if possible to have spa treatments. We had one room to get changed in and were told the others wouldn't be ready until 3pm. The spa staff were huffy as we arrived later than anticipated as i wanted to wait for all of my party to arrive - as were all sharing one room and wanted to make sure they found it. Lunch was nice., but rushed and were told to hurry back to the spa as whoever was having treatment at 2pm wouldn't have it if we didn't get there pronto. Have to say the treatments were nice. The absolute disgusting pinnacle of this hideous hotel was my friend being served an alive caterpillar in her starter - and the pompous chef coming out and not even apologising. Disgusting place, myself and a friend also ended up with tonsilitis maybe from the pool?? I wrote a letter of complaint to the manager and he hasn't even bothered to acknowledge it. I would never recommend this place and will certainly never returnl.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank welshbirthdaygirl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Whitchurch
Mercure Shrewsbury Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa
Macdonald Craxton Wood Hotel & Spa
Wynnstay Hotel & Spa
Wynnstay Hotel & Spa
#5 of 6 in Oswestry

Been to Macdonald Hill Valley Hotel, Golf & Spa? Share your experiences!