“Excellent hotel & facilities”

Macdonald Hill Valley Hotel, Golf & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Whitchurch
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We have just stayed for a 2 night mini break and have thoroughly enjoyed every minute. This was our second stay here and we had a spa treatment and afternoon tea on the first day followed by 2 nights dinner, bed and breakfast. The spa treatments are excellent with wonderful staff. The whole place is very welcoming and relaxed with very friendly staff. The rooms are very well appointed with large bed, flat screen TV etc but the star was without doubt the shower which was so powerful and relaxing. Only gripe we had with the room was the lack of air conditioning which would have been good in the recent hot weather. Evening meals and breakfast in the restaurant were very good quality with a massive choice of breakfast items. Drinks in the bar VERY pricey. Bottle of beer an glass of wine £11 which is a rip off and £4 for a bottle of water in the room. That was the only let down really. Overall a great trip and would not hesitate in booking again.

Room Tip: Room 202 has great views over the golf course
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dan_wigan

Reviewed July 21, 2013

I went here with a couple of work friends for a spa weekend. We started our day of with a very expensive drink & dinner, I do understand that a hotel cost more but £11.30 for a double vodka & diet coke is a little extreme ! Hence we didn't have another one. The sandwiches were good but again a little over priced.
We went to the spa & I have to say the lady that did my massage was fantastic it was probably the best hot stones I've ever had. The spa staff are very nice.
Our room was lovely clean & with everything you would expect. With our package it included a 3 coarse evening meal which was very nice although if we wanted any bread it would of cost us £1.75??
I always look forward to my breakfast when away but this breakfast didn't do it for me the bacon was very fatty & only just cooked & either cheap or starting to go off it was very grey looking, you also get a choice of beans black pudding or fried bread hello is this not part of a breakfast why should you have to choose one of them ? All the hotel staff are very nice & helpful.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kerry K
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Myself, my mother and my husband attended a wedding here the past weekend. What eles can i say but perfect. On arrival to the hotel its in a beautiful location. The sun was shinning and the whole experience was fantastic!! The food at the wedding breakfast was to die for and the room looked stunning! All staff were very helpful but one lady in particular on reception with blonde hair went out of her way to ensure ourselves and all other guests were at their happiest. I never caught this young ladys name but being front of house is most certainaly where she should be. We will not hesitate to book and stay at this hotel again. Thanks to all for a lovely evening.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2013

My husband and I had a two night decleor spa break. The room was huge it was for a wheelchair user I think. The bathroom was huge too. We had access to the back garden, it was really hot so got to sit outside and drink some ciders. That hotel is nice and clean. The food is not that great and i wouldn't rate the massages as great. I think with massages i'm used to getting them from somewhere else so know what they should feel like.this wasnt really great, not relaxing, ache relief etc. Bless the girls they did try. bed was rubbish!

Room Tip: we stayed in 107 ground floor - good for wheelchairs defo and in the summer so you can sit outside.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 6, 2013

The hotel is ok, but not more than that. Best is the breakfast; enormous. Rooms are big and the bathroom is ok. Negative: the beds; very hard and uncomfortable. It was not only me, but a colleague in an other room had the same experience.
No, not a hotel to return to.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My family and I stayed here for a wedding nearby. Staff could not do enough to help. We had well behaved youing children. All of the staff we came into contact with went above and beyond in order to assist with our needs.They were polite and couteous not the same can be said of some 5 star London hotels. The room and facilties were of a good standard. Also the breakfast was excellent. When visiting Shropshire again we would not hesitate in staying there.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Robbie_the_forehand
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

It was my birthday and decided to try out a spa day. I found a really cheap deal £60 each with two treatments and lunch. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Lunch was just right had chicken and cus cus with fruit salad and carrot cake yum :).
Had a facil and back massage was so relaxing I could have fallen asleep
Overall a very good experiance and would defenetly go again

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank topTravellerFfi
Also consider these accommodations in or near Whitchurch
Mercure Shrewsbury Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa
Lion Quays
Lion Quays
#1 of 1 in Weston Rhyn
Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa

Been to Macdonald Hill Valley Hotel, Golf & Spa? Share your experiences!