Review Highlights
Enjoyed our Third stay here.

Booked a one night dinner bed and breakfast treat. Arrived early as I mistakenly thought the check... read more

Reviewed November 13, 2017
eligCheshire
cheshire
Lovely relaxing spa day

We had a lovely relaxing day at the Hill Valley Spa. We paid for a package that included a 55... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
viicx777
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews relaxation room afternoon tea minute treatment cooked breakfast one night stay will return soon golf shop full english rasul treatment room ground floor member of staff reception moisturiser elemis
Reviewed August 17, 2017

We had a lovely spa day, the spa treatments were excellent very thorough and attentive best treatments we have ever had. Lunch was lovely on time with prosecco, and we had a free Elemis gift bag, would come back. Thankyou

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed July 7, 2017

Ist July 2017 l travelled from Edinburgh for a family 60th Birthday party there was 9 adult's and two children. The hotel knew it was a special occasion we had dressed the table with balloons etc; table was booked for 7.30pm we were all seated by then,there was no welcome, after 20 mins we had to get the attention of staff to order drinks, food was pre ordered yet wrong food was brought out bread rolls aventually came out after we has finished the starters staff seemed untrained and at times confused as to what they should be doing. Four of us ordered the so called special burgers that where cooked to death, when my daughter complained she was told thats how they where cooked, her meal was replaced some 20 mins later. My daughter inlaw went to complain to the manager about the poor food and service and total lack of interest, to be told he would sort it out with the restaurant manager. He never appeared 20 mins later a tray of Prosecco came. I would have been a lot happier if the manager had come to apologise. By 10pm we still hadn't had dessert. And the table had not been cleared as they came to clear the table they also came out with the dessert! At which point l said surely you should clear the table first. My 84 year old Mother inlaw was so upset by this time saying this is my Sons 60th birthday how disappointing. At no time did anyone come and ask us if everything was OK! Then we had to remind them about the birthday cake. Which they had not taken out of the fridge! over all a total shambles. After further complaints childrens meals and drinks where not charged. Sadly that does not make up for a very disappointing evening. If there was any saving grace breakfast was OK! Rooms and hotel and grounds very nice. But sadly l would never recommend it to anyone

Date of experience: July 2017
Reviewed June 16, 2017

visited the spa for the day. have tried a number of different places for a spa day and this was the best so far. as soon as we drove in through the gates it felt good. the spa was excellent. relaxed atmosphere, very clean, lovely friendly and helpful staff, very good massage and own spa lounge so no having to sit in the bar in a robe. would recommend a visit.

Reviewed June 4, 2017

Overall we had an enjoyable golf break. 20 golfers stayed 2 nights and played both courses. Rooms were the best I've had on a golf break; all the same large size regardless of twin or single. My single room had huge king size bed, was clean, light and very comfortable, good shower and bath. Service was good with friendly, helpful staff, Our deal included a £10 a day drinks voucher was a nice touch.
Golf courses were very challenging, trees, trees and more trees with water. (condition is better than reviews suggest) And a deal on a bulk order of buggies at £20 each was very reasonable.
Food generally was adequate. Uninspiring standard buffet breakfast. Small portioned, limited choice 3 course dinner. Same menu both nights was a sign of stinginess, seen by a refusal to give some of our hungrier golfers a second bread bun (only one allowed in our package apparently). And then 2 particularly poor meals (fish and chips, shepherd's pie @£14 each) bought before we departed for home. So come on hotel, sort this shortcoming out.

Date of experience: June 2017
Reviewed May 8, 2017 via mobile

Just returned from a Spa Break with friends for a birthday. Sadly it was awful! I was so looking forward to it too. The worst thing about this break was the food both the Lunch and the Dinner were appalling so much so we didn't even go for breakfast as we just knew it would be bad. The manager apologised at Dinner and said he would make us cocktails to apologise, he didn't he ignored us for the next hour!
The poolside is below spa standard it's very poor with a VERY dangerous slippery floor. There must have been many a claim
all 4 of us were very lucky not to have fallen badly. There is no jacuzzi and the heating is clearly faulty it was unbearably warm. The customer service throughout is extremely bad with under trained staff - some investment needed there. I would never return even if I were to be offered a free break I wouldn't waste my fuel!
The Golf was clearly busy and it seemed to be a beautiful course my guess is that what is keeping this hotel going because it definitely doesn't have anything else going for it. I'd recommend you avoid, don't waste your money like myself and my friends did.

Date of experience: May 2017