“One of the best in Whitchurch area”

Willeymoor Lock Tavern
Ranked #15 of 54 Restaurants in Whitchurch
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Grill
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A Country pub situated on the Llangollen canal on the Shropshire Cheshire border, one mile North of Whitchurch, close to the Hill Valley Golf Hotel and Cholmondeley Castle. Informal & unpretentious we aim to offer a down to earth atmosphere for all to enjoy. Open every day from 12pm til 3pm and 6pm til 11pm (summer). We open two sessions per day & FOOD IS SERVED 12pm - 2pm and 6pm - 9pm (except over Xmas). We have an array of traditional pub food, complemented by a varied selection of real ales, beers, spirits, global wines & soft drinks. Children are welcome. Outdoors we have tables besides the canal, a large informal beer garden and children's play area. We are Dog friendly. Our Trip advisor reviews range from Excellent to Poor, please be aware that you are viewing the details of a traditional pub - not a gastro pub - please go to our main website (willeymoorlock) for menu options & further info. PLEASE NOTE : The drive & carpark at Willeymoor Lock Tavern are for customers only whilst using the pub. There is no public right of way & no public access to the canal towpath or Sandstone trail. If you would like to combine a walk in the area with a visit to the pub, please pre-book
Whixall, null, United Kingdom
“One of the best in Whitchurch area”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I have to give this pub 10/10
My family visit once a month, never been disappointed yet
The cod is fresh and tasty
Gets very busy in the summer, sit and watch the boats go by, or sit in the beer garden.
Keep up the good work!
The pub is about two mile out of Whitchurch on the Tarporley road

Visited June 2013
1 Thank James J

Whitchurch, United Kingdom
“Great food & value!”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Just down the road from where I live, I have been to this restaurant a lot, and I love it. The food is great and so is the atmosphere. The mixed grill is a particular favourite of mine, there's always plenty of food! It is warm and friendly in the winter months after a walk along the canal, and it's great to sit in the beer garden in the sun with the kids playing on the play area.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Huge portions”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Good beer. Basic but tasty food and large quantities of it. The gammon steak appeared to consist of half a pig. Just what is needed after negotiating a flight of locks.

• Visited June 2013
“Great start to our holiday coming across this pub!”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

After a long day of locks we were thrilled to reach a pub and we weren't disappointed. My husband had various real ales and we enjoyed an excellent meal. My husband being a celiac was well catered for and my two boys enjoyed the beef lasagne. I had the home made chicken curry with a side of homemade onion rings and thought it was great. Very tasty and filled with large amounts of chicken and the onion rings were to die for. Although more than full the boys decided to share a desert, a whopping sized strawberry sundae which they nowhere near finished. All the food arrived very fast and the waitress was very pleasant. We will definitely be looking to stop here on our way back down the canal.

Warrington, United Kingdom
“Best place to go when the suns out!”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I hadn't been for a few years and it was as good as I remember. Amazing location, lovely food, welcoming staff and terrific value for money. The kids loved watching all the boats go past and so did I. Lovely large beer garden with a great play area for the children and lots of different drinks and meals to choose from. Looks like we'll be spending our summer holiday on a canal boat as the children can't stop talking about it. 10/10