Hampton House Farm
$114
The Paddock(Malpas)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsguest loungeon arrivalother guestsfruit cakewarm welcomehomemade jamsbreakfast was deliciouslovely placefull englishhome madefriendly hostsfollowing morninglarge comfortable bedwelsh mountainslarge dining tablehot drinkssense of humour
Reviewed December 5, 2011

My girlfiriend and I stayed at Hampton House at the weekend and really enjoyed our stay. We regularly stay in B+Bs and this was the best that we have stayed in. The farm house is lovely, as is the location with wonderful countryside and excellent views of the Welsh hills. The room was big, with a huge bed and had an en-suite; the room, bathroom and house more generally were spotlessly clean and very well appointed. The decor etc throughout is traditional and very attractive. We had an excellent breakfast both days and a really good meal at a local restuarant, recommended to us by Nick and Helen, the owners of the b+b. Nick and Helen were charming hosts and it felt like catching up with old friends. We got on very well with the two other couples who were staying at the B+B at the same time as us and enjoyed chatting to them at breakfast - again, we left feeling like we had had known them far longer than one weekend. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 23, 2011

I really enjoyed my wonderful (all too brief) stay at Hampton House Farm. Nick and Helen are wonderful hosts and went out of their way to be helpful and accommodating. The room was spotless, cosy and there were the little extras that one would get from an up-market hotel room (but for a fraction of the price). Quiet location with lovely views, great food and a very warm welcome. What more could you ask for? I really enjoyed sitting at one table for breakfast and we all had a good chat with much laughter - a nice way to start the day.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 23, 2011

My wife and I travel all over the country and have recently discovered farmhouse bed & breakfasts. Hampton House Farm is the best we've stayed in by a "country mile"! It is equivalent to a top four star hotel and is spotlessly clean. The owners Nick & helen genuinely go the extra distance to ensure everything is ok.The farmhouse is beautiful and unspoilt. On arrival we were offered tea in china cups and home made fruit cake! Within five minutes in the car you can get to a superb restaurant called the Cholmondeley Arms and there is also an Indian restaurant a couple of minutes drive in the opposite direction. Breakfast was super and nothing is too much trouble. We will stay again and again.

Room Tip: We liked the room at the top of the stairs which was NOT ensuite. It does however have its own bathromm down the landing which had a big bath and lashings of hot water. It also means that you can nip to the loo in private!!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 22, 2011

I have travelled all over the country and always stay in B&B's. This one must be among the best. Spotlessly clean accomodation, comfortable bedroom with en-suite, gleaming white linen, nice tv lounge and nice dining room, lovely views from this period farmhouse over open countryside, worry free parking, the owners Nick and Helen are friendly, helpful and obliging, lots of attention to detail, tray of coffee and cake on arrival, delicious breakfast, pleasant evening walk down to Indian Restaurant which is very good. A positive experience which I would readily repeat.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 18, 2011

I agree with most of what has been previously written about this b&b but I did not enjoy having to sit at one large table for breakfast every morning and having to make conversation. (Its not my thing I am afraid). Constantly having to pass the butter, the milk, the sugar, the jam ect ect ect.

Also not being able to have a conversation with your partner/friend without everyone hearing it.

Constantly being spoken too is just not 'my bag' first thing in the morning - sorry.

The owner who serves breakfast (whilst very nice and friendly) is too ready with (what my sensitive soul felt was) inappropriate jokey comments for my liking and I felt slightly uncomfortable with it, as did my friend. (but no harm done).

It is indeed a bit out of the way, and what if you dont eat indian food???? (as there is one restaurant a 1/4 mile down a very dark and windy country road.)

Also some of the printed jokes in the visitors info book in the lounge need to be removed - some could be deemed highly offensive in this 'PC' mad world.

Overall thought, a beautiful kept, and clean b&b, with welcoming owners and good parking facilities. Very peaceful night's sleep and great for trips out. Lots of lovely restaurants just 10 mins in the car but nothing in the immediate vicinity to walk too.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends