“Charming place for those who search the real Thailand”

Faasai Resort & Spa
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Chanthaburi
Helsinki, Finland
“Charming place for those who search the real Thailand”
Reviewed March 24, 2009

Stayed at Faasai 2 nights in June 2008. I am happy I find this hotel from internet. We ( me and my 14-year-old-son ) stayed at Balinese style cottage. Faasai in beautiful resort; quiet, staff is very friendly, You can see lots of animals there and if You like cats, there are lovely cats at resort. Kung Wimarn village is my paradise. If you want to find a place from Thailand that the tourism has not spoiled, go to Kung Wimarn. No-one tries to sell you anything, locals are friendly and You can just enjoy the beauty of the place.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank nadlap

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Thai first
sydney
Reviewed November 7, 2008

WOW, if you are looking for a resort with peace and quiet and tranquility then the faasai is for you. I only had 3 days there but wished it was longer, so relaxing the massages were second to none.......aarrgghh. and the food was great.

I would love togoback but for much longer next time and they are extending all th etime so by the time I do get back there that should be accomplished.

I had a lot of dental work done in Bangkok but have since found out there is a dental hospital near by and then you could re-couperate at the faasai.............sound slike bliss to me.

I loved my time at this resort and would recommend it to one and all.

• Liked — the hositality, the food, the massages
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
1 Thank kazzie13
Essex uk
Reviewed August 19, 2008

My huband and I along with our 3 year old daughter travelled thailand for 5 weeks. We constantly were looking for something special that would give us a taste of thai life while at the same time allowing us the comforts and service of an intimate resort. Well boy did we find it at the Faasai resort in Chanthaburi.

We had travelled from Bangkok and stayed five night in pattaya follwed by 5 nights on Koh Samet island. After Koh Samet we stayed in Rayong for 3 nights preparing for our trip to koh chang another Island reached from the Pier In Trat Province. Because we were travelling with a three year old we decided to stop over in chanthaburi for a night or two. I scoured the internet, as we still hadnt found our perfect paradise even though koh samet came close.

From the second we entered the big gates of the Faasai resort we knew we had found it. Everything was perfect. Relaxation and natural harmony at its best.,the staff were the most friendly and helpful people we had met to date. They supplied us with all our requests in superb fast time and nothing and i mean nothing was too much trouble. The resort is set in the most beautiful gardens i have ever seen with fountains and loads of green space for the little one. The pool is clean infact the whole resort is immaculate. we hired a bike which my husband drove with me on the back and our daughter in the middle. We explored the natural setting daily. the thais here in this area smile and wave and are not after your money they are just friendly.(unlike the more touristy resorts)

it was low season and we were the only guests and we were treated like royalty. Games on hand for our little girl at every needed opportunity. The kitchen opened for us whenever we wanted and aswell as the extensive menu both thai and western they would prepare anything you wanted if they didnt have it they would get it. late at night we orderd toasted sandwiches which we enjoyed on our spacious terrace with tea while we observed and listened to the various sound of nature.

Rooms clean and well cared for. Clean towels and sheets everyday. laundery service cheap and quick and dvd palyer and tv with a wide range of films for free use. Breakfast is included and the best we had had in thailand and trips were laid on at reasonable prices.

The spa treatments were first class and cheap. The lady here is fully trained in all aspects of thai massage aswell as aromatherapy and facials etc. Not to be missed.

The 2 day planned stay turned into 10 nights and koh chang was cancelled we had found what we were looking for, easily a 4 star resort with a five star service without the pompous hotel chain approach. faasai is a family run resort the Owner is a lady from Newzealand and her Thai husband, The lady has truly created a paradise on earth she has nailed it.

I urge you to experience the beauty of this resort and all the extra pampering and fun that comes along with it. The relaxation aspect is by far the best ive experinced in ages.

There are tea and coffee facilities in the room(Practically unheard of in thai hotels.) so good to enjoy a morning coffee amidst the beautiful surroundings before breakfast.

Also a short distance to the left as you exit the resort is a place in which to enjoy the most wonderful sunset. What more could one ask for the complete works all in one place.

There is also a book library to select a read from and wifi internet connection all free.

Superb superb superb.

I felt we had found a little gem here very rare and perfect i half didnt want to disclose it to the rest of the world but i couldnt help but rave on.

Thailand at its best

• Liked — The service and the location
  • Disliked — It was all perfect
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
3 Thank suzyontour
Santa Cruz, California
Reviewed August 18, 2008

In July 2008, I spent a lovely weekend at Kung Wiman beach, near Chanthaburi, on the Gulf of Thailand. I highly recommend this area for tourists or Bangkok residents who want a quick getaway into an unusually quiet and clean coastal town. It is not on the typical tourist’s radar, so you won’t find crowds or hawkers, only peace and quiet. I stayed a few hundred meters from the beach at Faa Sai, www.faasai.com, a small eco-resort with rooms ranging from 900 – 4,100 baht per night. A Thai/New Zealand couple runs the resort which is A Wild Asia Responsible Tourism Award 2008 Finalist. The 15-room retreat is situated in lush grounds and provides authentic luxury experiences such as “forest cuisine” from the garden’s native trees and Thai herbal massage.

My 1,500 baht ($45 USD) per night, solar-powered bungalow was immaculate and included all the comforts of home: T.V., air conditioning, and mini refrigerator. The 2.5 hour drive southeast from Bangkok was easy and smooth on the well-lighted expressways. Faa Sai can also be reached by van or taxi, which the staff will arrange. The staff is also happy to arrange motorcycles, bicycles, kayaks, hikes, or other activities during your stay.

I chose to spend my breezy, pleasant Saturday wandering down the 850 meter boardwalk running through a nearby protected mangrove forest. The eco-system there is incredible. Equally enjoyable was a stop at a roadside fruit stand on the way back. Sampling delicious tropical fruit, fresh from the area farms, is not to be missed. If you are looking for a comfortable bungalow in a beautiful area, then Faa Sai Resort in coastal Chanthaburi is sure to please!

For more area information, check out the Tourism Authority of
Thailand official website www.tatnews.org/emagazine/3586.asp

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Rosecruzer
Auckland
Reviewed February 23, 2008

Faa Sai is comparatively close to Bangkok and yet completely unspoiled. In the early morning there is a dawn chorus. The air is clear and there is a quiet sandy beach five minutes away. The resort has attractive buildings that are quite new and flowering shrubs and trees along the pathways. I like reading at night and appreciated the very comfortable beds and bright bedside lights (an unusual feature in most hotels). The food was fresh and the Thai massage strong. If you want peace, quality and authenticity at a reasonable price, Faa Sai is really great.

• Liked — Comfort
  • Disliked — Lack of interent access
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple