Best Western PLUS Pastures Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Stonecroft Hotel(Rotherham)
  • Free Internet
  • Restaurant
All reviewsthe pubcar parkleisure centrebreakfast staffself servicebed was very comfortablethe ground floorsky sportslady on receptiontwo night staylarge tvexcellent breakfasthotel is lovelyplenty of parkinggood sizefull englishbuffet style
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Wasted half my day waiting for the shower to be fixed. Bit the bullet and had a cold shower. Complained to manager who did not want to know at all and told me to write in. I wrote in and it was the same manager who responded! Don't bother with this hotel or the best western chain, there are much better hotels out there

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank hebawom2
Reviewed November 16, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Pastures Hotel Mexborough for 3 nights at the end of October. We were visiting friends in the area. We stayed B& B but because the breakfast was so good we tried the evening meal and did not need to go elsewhere, the food and service was very good.

The dining area was excellent and the service friendly. We would recommend the hotel if you are looking for a base to tour South Yorkshire. Nothing to complain about.
Goldenoldie

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights, mainly to attend Doncaster races on the Saturday. Got a good deal from BW £56 prpn B&B. First impressions were pretty good, hotel looks attractive from outside, and a warm welcome from front desk, a theme continued for our stay,
Room was fine, and all items worked including complimentary WiFi, however if I was to mark it down the colours were a little dark - lighter shades would be more welcoming- but overall we were very happy.
Housekeeping was fine, though a bit enthusiastic on Saturday morning, knocking before 10am!
Breakfast was good, with a standard choice of items, although there was no selection of fruit on Saturday that suited our tastes - we were a touch late and perhaps this contributed- this was not hte case on Sunday and choice was fine. The wait staff were all helpful and requests were swiftly completed.
We ate in Reed's restaurant on Saturday night, and whilst the food was quite good- the steaks were not cooked to our liking- we did feel that it was somewhat overpriced, and would probably eat elsewhere in future. The evening wait staff tried manfully to cope with the number of diners, but it was noticeable that the main waiter was moving ever quicker to keep up with demand.
For the price paid, an excellent weekend and we would definitely use again if in the area.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Dined here many times in the past wih my husband along with our friends, upto around 18 monhs ago when we noticed a drop in the quality of the food and also service, so decided to give it a miss until Saturday 10th November 2012. We hoped when we arrived that we would be in for a pleasant evening, nice food etc. We were ushered to the receptian area of the hotel and offered drinks, because on every other visit we had sat in the bar area, which to us as a little more atmosphere, we requested that we have seats there. Our drinks arrived along with the menus. What a surprise a total change, gone are the days of the Al a Carte 3 course for £26...starters £5 plus, minimal choice, mains £15 upwards again minimal choice, sweets £5 and up, extras £2.25 and up for such as veg, sauces etc.We have ate at many top restaurants and the cost is not a problem as long as the food/ service is good quality and value for money. I chose the bread slate to come with my husbands starter of the the sea food platter. Whilst the sea food was fine, the waiter brought the Olive oil without the balsamic dip, to then later take the pot away and bring back with what seemed to be sticky tar, which actually stuck to the bottom and never moved...seemed like the dregs from the bottom of a bottle..the olives were so dry we didnt touch them..bit of a moan you might think....bread ok though. Our mains arrived, I ordered sirloin, medium which was accompanied with 8 chips, yes my husband actually counted them. A large tomato, which was supposed to have been roasted with balsamic....obviously the balsamic was in short supply, because the tomato was very plain. My steak was on apperance very dry looking, when cut into it was well done...the texture of cardboard, lucky to have the peppercorn sauce at an extra £2.25! also the onion rings were a saviour but again at an extra cost of £2.25. My husband had the duck breast which arrived well done, not a hint of pink, very disappointing. He requested dauphinaise potatoes....on eating these he actually burnt his tongue...microwave sprung to mind,the dish was cool, the contents red hot. He paid the extra cost again for the selection of vegetables, to which his comment was the red cabbage the worst he had ever had. Could the sweets be the saviour...Amareto creme brule for my husband which turned out to be ok, I chose the apple and blackberry crumble from a minimal choice menu. What a surprise I popped my spoon in only to be blinded by the fog of steam from the dish,,, microwave again....the fruit red hot, whilst the dish cool,, the topping was the worst ever, it tasted uncooked, like eating plain flour, no crunch whatsoever, it had never seen the oven, needless to say I left it, telling the waiter later that I didnt like it, he never asked why, on any other occasion we would have brought this and our other concerns up with the manager...on this outing we didnt bother knowing it would be our last! Our total bill inc wine and drinks on this occasion came to over £120 for the two of us, what a waste. The change of management certainly hasnt been for the better in our view, it seems that the whole kitchen staff need to start again from basics. Certainly one to miss.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Been here 3 times, always excellent service and breakfast very good, some of the guests need to learn how to behave after midnight but cannot blame the hotel for that. Lovely setting and near to some good walks.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back as you get a nice view over the canal.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family