“This temple looks like gold outside ”

Wat Sri Panton Temple
Reviewed October 18, 2016 via mobile

As I passed by this temple, I had to watch it again and again and I thought what a beautiful temple it was. The first day in Nan I didn't have time to visit it but the day after I could not miss it. This temple was golden colored with cultural architecture. I loved it very much.

Date of experience: September 2016

Reviewed July 18, 2016

This temple sparkles like gold no matter if you are visiting at dawn, dusk, or any time in between. The grounds also contains the wat's dragon boats for the annual races.

Date of experience: August 2015
Reviewed February 28, 2016 via mobile

Nice and beautiful temple to visit in Nan.
Very easy to arrive from every place in Nan.
Also can speak with the monkes around.

Date of experience: February 2016
Reviewed January 23, 2016 via mobile

I spotted this temple while having a Thai dessert at Pa Nim. It looked stunningly beautiful in a blue-sky backdrop. This golden temple might deceive you as an average temple, but if you look close enough, you could see magnificent craftsmanship of local artisan.
Upon entering the main ordination hall, there is this seven heads of the Great Serpent or "naga" that looks so amazing. The interior is also impressive, with mural painting depicting life of Lord Buddha and the history of Nan.

Date of experience: January 2016
See more reviews
Reviewed May 17, 2015

Gold, and lots of it, the temple say's "look at me", besides the obvious gaudy colour, I admired the figurines on the temple, lots of detail, the interior is also stunning with many wall paintings, there is also 2 long boat's on site which I guess is used for the annual boat race.
Located here... 18.776003, 100.765876