“Rough accomodations... not for those expecting comfort”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nagpur
Hotel Heritage 2001
Ranked #19 of 45 Hotels in Nagpur
Reviewed July 14, 2011

Maybe I got a bad room (#112), but the bathroom was corroded, moldy, crumbling, and peeling. So glad my wife wasn't along! No hot water for the whole stay (not that I wanted it in June), and some of the fixtures were busted. The room was VERY grimy, the air conditioning was somewhere between extremely feeble and non-existent, the bed was little more than a pallet. There was a bare wire sticking our of the wall, and it wasn't out of place in the overall decor. Combine this with bad TV and marginal restaurant, and you have a tough stay.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hotel Heritage 2001

Reviewed March 1, 2011

Hotel Heritage 2001 is centrally located in the area called Sadar. A very economically sound choice among the choices available. The rooms are okay and centrally Air cooled. The food in the restaurant is nice, especially the non vegetarian. The drinks are priced reasonably. Free Wi-fi service available. They have airport pick up and drop service. The lobby is small but nice. The staff is pleasant.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 13, 2011

room service was okay nothing special,rooms were small, location of this hotel is not in the central area. difficult to get a transport unless you have your own transport.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed December 12, 2009

I was checking the hotels on net, and found Heritage. The pictures looked good and it fitted in my budget completely. So I booked an executive room thinking that since it is costing more than the other ones, it'll be good and I'll be able to relax with my family. But when we reached Heritage, the look of the entrance made me a bit apprehensive. The cane sofa-sets were all dumped just like that. We entered the reception area and were directed to our room. The lift was so small, only the two of us, along with our luggage, were having difficulty to stand! (and we are certainly not on the heavier side of the weighing scale!!!). We reached our room, thinking that we'll be comfortable once inside, but lo! The whole floor was under renovation. Our room, which was "supposed" to be an executive one, was not even painted properly. It had patches of cement here and there. The side lamps had no switch in them. There was no switch for the AC. It could be turned off only by the main switch. And, thanks to all the work going outside, we were not able to catch any sleep. The sound of continuous banging actually made us bang our heads! Till date, I wonder, WHY did they give us a room on that floor!?!? and were we actually given and executive room, or were we bluffed out of our money. M certainly not going to visit the hotel again!
I really wish I had taken pictures to show the state the hotel was in.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank v_gul
Reviewed June 14, 2009

It is an old property, which has been partially renovated.
The first and second floor rooms are quite shabby, and i would not recommend to anybody to stay here. The third floor rooms have been more recently renovated, and are reasonably livable. The staff is reasonably friendly, but very slow to respond to requests. The phone in my room was not working at one point, and despite multiple requests, was not fixed for nearly 4 days. They have misplaced my laundry, and after I gave a complaint, a staff member came to my room after 2-3 days, with all my clothes in a bundle, saying it was in in lost- and - found. I have checked into my room in the morning, to find used towels and bedsheets and gave two requests to change them. I waited half an hour and then left for work without it being changed. When i came back in the night, it was still the same, and only after another round of requests, was this changed by a rather young looking fellow (probably 15) who really had no idea how to change hotel sheets / blankets.
They have only one restaurant, which in the day time appears very dark and dingy. In the evenings, it is also a very loud bar, and as a result you can not enjoy a peaceful dinner which can get very irritating when one stays for an extended period. I took to having dinner in my room as a result. There is a joint attached to the hotel, which serves rolls and these are quite good.
I would only recommend staying here, if you are on a tight budget.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 22, 2007

A run-down hotel that is in the middle of an upgrade. I wouldn’t suggest staying here. My room had moldy walls, torn up carpet that you didn’t want to be barefoot on and toilet paper is a special request. Don’t stay next to the elevator as the 50s era sliding gate dings all night long keeping you awake. Breakfast is included, but it is a limited buffet breakfast served in a dark restaurant on stained tablecloths. There are a few rooms in the hotel that have been renovated and these look like they belong in another hotel entirely as they are quite nice. Unless you can stay in the newly renovated rooms (I believe there is a different price for these), overall the hotel gets a thumbs-down from me.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business