“Not Really too Great!!”

The Pride Hotel Nagpur
Ranked #8 of 46 Hotels in Nagpur
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I shifted to pride hotel after a bad experience at dua continental hotel for 2 days.Finally managed to get confirmed booking at pride. Was shifted here by an indian friend saying it is a five star property.
The second experience in Nagpur was not though as first as the first one but not too great really.
The hotel was close to the cricket stadium and convenient location for me as i was there to attend a cricket match.
The hotel doesnt look like a 4-5 star in any case. The service is not bad but not upto the mark for the price they charged.
Needs improvement in many many aspects like trained staff , cleanlliness etc.
Not bad but not great overall.

Room Tip: rooms are ok but need to bruch up in cleanliness
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
ThePrideGroup, Front Office Manager at The Pride Hotel Nagpur, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Greetings from The Pride Hotel, Nagpur!
I am concerned about the problem you experienced at our Hotel, in Nagpur I am writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention.

We strive to make the stay not only satisfying but a memorable experience. The principal goal of The Pride is to provide exceedingly dependable service to all our guests. Consequently, it is disappointing to learn about the way you have been dealt with and I sincerely understand your dissatisfaction for the unpleasant experience.

Kindly accept my sincere apology.

I assure you that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously. They give us the opportunity to improvise our services standards. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Please be assured that the issues you have raised have been taken up very seriously by the Management of the Group and are being addressed.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Just returned from a week long business trip from Nagpur. The Hotel is literally a stone's throw from the Nagpur airport and bang on the main road. The airport pickup and the early check in was a breeze. The rooms are decent with basic amenities. The Electronic locker and Mini Bar refrigerator were not working when I checked in. Though they had them repaired/replaced later. The bathrooms are a big let down. Haven't seen such dated pots and fittings in 2 star properties.No jet, Black Cover and a MUG....! I am a stickler for clean and good loos hence was disappointed. Food is good and so is the service. The gymnasium is small but has everything you would need. With no free Wi-Fi and no business centre the Hotel will score low on the Business Traveler's list. The city is nearly 8 Km away and getting a Taxi/Auto from the city centre to the Hotel in the evenings is tough. Overall a decent Business Traveler Hotel, probably overrated and needs some doing up for getting back The Pride...!

Room Tip: Try and get a Main road facing room with a view of the airport approach road.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed March 5, 2013

I have used this hotel for many years, and unfortunately the owners have not invested in keeping rooms and the general condition up to the standard that they set years ago.

My room was just okay, but the bathroom badly needed maintenance - this is not what I expected.

The property has increased its sales into the conference market, so large groups of enthusiastic, but very noisy guests roam the property into the wee hours - and make a lot of noise.

With the opening on the Radisson Blu I think the Pride will find that the more discerning traveller may accept the extra 3-5 minutes from the airport just to have the superior facilities.

The hotel is relying too much upon its proximity to the airport, and not what it offers.

Other annoyances - quite expensive PAID internet connection // A restaurant that just doesn't have staff who listen to the order and then can't correct their errors......

After many years of staying here - I won't again and neither will any of my clients.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

The Hotel is Located just outside the airport and is half way to the industrial Area of Butibori. The lobby of the hotel is fairly large and spacious. The check in was very quick and smooth. The staff at reception was courteous and helpful. The centrally air-conditioned room was spacious and clean with LCD TV and tea-coffee maker. The toilet was clean with all modern fittings and toiletries. The food served in the room was of good quality. The service too was good. Breakfast had a good variety and of good taste. The hotel has a decent size swing pool along with a Spa and a Gym. The lounge is decently done and serves nice cocktails and spirits. However the lighting in the lounge is very dim, makes you feel little depressed. The lighting should be little more bright for the some cheer full atmosphere. The hotel has Wi-fi, which is chargeable at Rs 500/ per day, which I thought was on a higher side. Free pick up and drop from and to airport is provided. All in all a comfortable hotel to stay in especially for a business traveler.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Greetings from The Pride Hotel, Nagpur!
A hotel is defined by the quality of service it provides to its guests. Success is measured by how our guests evaluate our services and facilities.
Thank you for your kind words and appreciation. Your hospitality was performed with encouragement and warmth.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Had come to attend a conference and the hotel was pretty convenient to stay! close to the airport (just a 5 minute drive), they offer you a pick up and drop service if you notify them earlier. Great breakfast to start the day with and they also deliver a newspaper every morning at around 7 am. The main restaurant Casablanca had some good cuisines. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Overall a good 2 night stay! Thank you!

Reviewed February 26, 2013

This is the third property of Pride Hotels that I have stayed at. A nice hotel that is almost walking distance from the airport. It is one of the older properties and it shows at a few places.Good and friendly front office staff made our check in and out smooth and fast.

Rooms were a bit small but nicely furnished with all required amenities available. An additional perk was the magazines available in the room and also the dressing gown. Room service was good and prompt. House keeping too was nice. I was not too happy with the quality of towels provided. They were pretty old and frayed.

Lunch at the restaurant was a disappointment mainly due to the extremely spicy food. This is probably the spiciest food I have had. later I was told that this region is famous for its spicy food. While it may be so they need to keep the interest of people like me in mind while preparing food.

Overall my stay was nice barring the food. I would not mind coming back here when I am visiting next time.

1  Thank ravimark1

Reviewed February 6, 2013

For business travellers wanting the avoid the city rush, Pride hotel is ideally located, just beside the airport. Rooms are comfortable, and breakfast is sumptuous. We even opted for lunch here before boarding the return flight on our business trips.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Ashitava
ThePrideGroup, Front Office Manager at The Pride Hotel Nagpur, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2013