“Service really let me down”
Review of Le Meridien Nagpur

Le Meridien Nagpur
Ranked #1 of 46 Hotels in Nagpur
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I booked this hotel with high expectations after reading the earlier reviews on TA. The hotel is everything that it promises to be, but I was very disappointed with the service standards.

On my arrival, there was nobody to collect my luggage. I had to scan the baggage and carry it to reception myself. The security guard simply turned his back to me. The bellboy turned up after check-in, helped me with my luggage to my room and simply stood in the room waiting for a tip. I was surprised as he was missing till the very end and still expected a tip.

The check-in was smooth and the room was great. Large and well lighted. The washroom was also very good.

My second bad experience was with the room service. My dinner order came quickly. But the waiter was very rude. He asked me to call for clearance. I did and a different waiter came. He was the same. In both the cases I was the only one saying thank you without any kind of return salutation.

The food though was very tasty and I really enjoyed it.

My last bad experience was during the morning breakfast. I ordered some eggs and clearly instructed the waiter that I had a plane to catch. However, 15 minutes later I had to leave without the eggs having been served. In fact, the waiter watched me leave and didn't even try to make any sort to amends. This is just unacceptable as even the shabbiness of hotels can serve a plate of eggs in 15 minutes.

Overall, the experience was very lukewarm and the service levels were acceptable maybe for a 2 star hotel.

I will definitely recommend Pride Hotel as the service standards there are better and it is also much closer to the airport.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
SunnSandHotelGroup, General Manager at Le Meridien Nagpur, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Dear Sir,

We are glad to have been the hotel of your choice and we would like to thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor.

We value your feedback, specially your certain concerns, which are indeed relevant and help us in our constant endeavor to enhance our guest experience. We have also reviewed your concerns about our associates and assure you of our attention to this and of course the necessary remedial actions.

Once again, thank you for your detailed inputs. We hope that you would give us another opportunity to offer you a more enriching service next time.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Friend, With due respects to you, I am 69 years old Engineer, now working and self employed.
Attended n number of conferences, stayed in n number of hotels of varried grades.
My frank and true opinion is you have enough poured and placed. You need to polish your service hands. For example:-
1] My name was not appearing i drivers display board. All though it was pre-booked.
2] Room service boy came with dinner service. i asked him to come after one our and collect service tray, Did not come at all for 1.5 hrs. I was to go for good-night,so, I gave a call to 2, he said u call 4. I gave a call to 4, he replied all right but bearer did not come. Again I repeated call to 2. and asked him "Tell me whom i am to call for table clearing, how long am I to wait?" Then the service boy came. We have switched over from " Pride to Sun-n Sand" For What?

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
SunnSandHotelGroup, General Manager at Le Meridien Nagpur, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Dear Guest,

While we are pleased that you found our rooms & the cleanliness up to your expectations, we are disappointed that the standard of our service was not to your liking.

We completely understand your sentiments and thank you for your cooperation and patience.

We value your feedback, specially your concerns, these are indeed relevant and help us in our constant endeavor to enhance our guest experience. We assure you of our attention and of course the necessary remedial actions.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

My wife and I wanted to get away from the city and have a peaceful time for the weekend and I found this hotel in tripadvisor. I visited a week before check in just to make sure it was good (sometimes hotels are hit or miss in India) and this one was an awesome hit!

The staff and everyone was so nice, so I booked the room and waited in excitement to stay. I booked a weekend package that included dinner and breakfast for rs6000. It was a great deal! The dinner was great, room service was great, breakfast was great... I would say they even have a better dinner selection than the Tuli.

We went swimming in the pool, we worked out in the gym, and to top it all off, we also got messages. I don't think there was an area of this hotel we didn't use, and everything was awesome... although, if I were to give a little advice, don't get the Long Island Ice Tea. It wasn't very good; however, my wife got a Mojito and it may have been the best one we've ever tasted. (I'll get that next time - there will def. be a next time!)

I would recommend this hotel. The room was clean, the staff was nice, and it's a steal if you can get the weekend package!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
SunnSandHotelGroup, General Manager at Le Meridien Nagpur, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Dear Guest,

We are happy to note that you would love to visit us again. Thank you for recommending Sun-n-Sand Nagpur!

My team and I look forward to welcome you on your next visit to the Hotel.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Sun n sand exibits great demonstration of hospitality and guest care. The rooms are quite spacious and the staff very helpful.
The hotel management seemed very flexible in aligning with guest needs and confort as the request for early check-in and late check-out was readily accepted by the staff without delay. This indeed brought a lot of comfort in our itinerary.
The hotel is high on tech as there are electric buttons for DND and housekeeping.
Helpful for smokers, in room smoking is ok.
Airport tranfer service is quick and efficient and the 'Woods' restaurant serves best to please our test buds.

Room Tip: Just any room is good enough depending on your budget and need. No noise, perfect privacy.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
SunnSandHotelGroup, General Manager at Le Meridien Nagpur, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Dear Guest,

We are glad to note that you've had a pleasant stay at the Hotel. Thank you for taking time out to share your experience with us!

I've shared the review with my Team and it serves as a motivation to all. We would love to welcome you again on your next visit to Nagpur!

Reviewed October 3, 2013

I am writing this review from the SUN N SAND Hotel Superior Room.
Room is very spacies and neet.Me and my partner is staying.
we had 5 star experiance their.
Very near to Airport,friendly staffs,they are very flexible.
They allowed us early check in and send Innova to Airport to pick up us.
Hotel has Swiming pool and spa and gym.
location also very greenary.
Nice for family trip and business trip.

Room Tip: Go for Superior room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
SunnSandHotelGroup, General Manager at Le Meridien Nagpur, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sun-n-Sand Hotel, Nagpur and taking your time out to review us on Tripadvisor! We are happy to note that you've enjoyed your stay at the Hotel.

My Team and I would love to welcome you again on your next trip to Nagpur!

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Fabulous ambiance. This is a place with good interior but not so good food. If you are going for a full meal, then you will be disappointed first with the service staff. Not a class act as expected from a star hotel like this one. Food is okay but certainly not good. Location is worst of its kind in city due to failure of the much hyped MIHAN. There are much better options within the city limits as this one is outside city. Okay to visit once in a while.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
SunnSandHotelGroup, General Manager at Le Meridien Nagpur, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your visit to the WOODS at Sun-n-Sand, Nagpur and for sharing your feedback in this review

While we are pleased that you found the ambiance and interiors good, we are disappointed that the location and the quality of food and service were not to up to your expectations. The feedback of the same has been shared with our team and all possible methods are being employed to take corrective action and rectify the short-comings as pointed out in your review. We are hopeful that you will return and are confident that your experiences in the days to follow will be more inspiring and enriching. We appreciate your concerns and assure you that we would work on this so as to enhance our guest experiences for the future.

In regards to the Hotel being little far from the city, as you may have noticed, the Hotel is located at a short 5 minute drive from the Airport and city centre is about 15 minutes away.

Once again, we would like to thank you for your review and we hope to welcome you to The WOODS at Sun-n-Sand Nagpur sometime soon.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

I had a great time at Sun-n-sand Nagpur checking in on 20th September 2013. The front desk was kind enough to quickly accommodate me despite an early check-in. The hospitality in the coffee shop is worth mentioning. However, I think they can improve on the spread. The room service is very efficient and the room was always very well done whenever I stepped out even for an hour. On the whole, a delightful experience and look forward to staying with them again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank phanisekhar

Dear Guest,

We are glad to note that you've had a great time at the Hotel and would love to stay at Sun-n-Sand on your future visits to Nagpur. My Team and I would love to welcome you.

In regards to the spread at the Coffee Shop, your feedback has been conveyed to the Chef and shall look into the same. Your review helps us enhance our services and helps us provide a complete guest experience to all our guests.