“Great two days at Nagpur”
Review of Le Meridien Nagpur

Le Meridien Nagpur
Ranked #1 of 46 Hotels in Nagpur
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed at the Sun and Sand for two days. Had a wonderful time throughput the stay. The rooms are great, housekeeping is just fantastic. The bat is great and well stocked, The breakfast spread is sumptuous. The gym and pool are also nice. Had a little bit of a problem with the television services though. The only drawback is the distance from the city. Its slightly far and you would need a pre planned vehicle throughout your stay. All in all a wonderful and satisfying stay.

Room Tip: Keep a pre-booked vehicle throughout your stay. The place is not well connected to the city.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
SunnSandHotelGroup, General Manager at Le Meridien Nagpur, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sun-n-Sand Hotel, Nagpur and sharing your experience through Tripadvisor!

We are glad you've enjoyed your stay with us. I've noted your comments regarding television services and taken appropriate action with the relevant department.

The Hotel is located at a short 5 minute drive from the Airport and city centre is about 15 minutes away as you may have noticed. We have Travel Desk within the premises of the Hotel for guest convenience.

My team and I would love to see you again on your next visit to Nagpur!

Reviewed February 24, 2013

A good hotel. Relatively new property with well laid and specious rooms and bathrooms too.
Staff is courteous and looks after guest well. Restaurants are good and serves good food. Over all ambience of hotel and restaurants is good and likeable. Location is very near to airport and hotel provides pick up and drop facility.

Room Tip: All rooms are good. Staying on the top floor will provide you a view to some extent. People looking...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
SunnSandHotelGroup, General Manager at Le Meridien Nagpur, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. Your feedback helps us to attain guest satisfaction.

My team and I would love to see you again on your next visit to Nagpur!

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Just 10 mins drive from Nagpur airport, you are at Sun-n-Sand- a decent property, pleasant ambiance and over all a anybody-can-like type of a place.Personally i am not fussy about the surrounding location but my wife was not so happy with the "un scenic" view from the window of our superior suite. The hotel is located in an upcoming commercial zone (MIHAN) but as on date there are empty plots and barren landscape.
The breakfast was not bad but more fresh juices would be preferred. The restaurant service was up to the mark and the staff was cheerful.
The last day of my trip saw the property convert into a fortress with numerous bodyguards and sniffer dogs and many visitors. All thanks to Madam Mayawati and her convoy.
Over all a good place but the management needs to induce a dose of art / mural/ or other beautification ideas. Please do something on the huge blank wall cutting across all floors in the central atrium.
Put some "life" in this property and we sure have a winner.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
SunnSandHotelGroup, General Manager at Le Meridien Nagpur, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Dear Mr. Niket,

Thank you for your stay at our hotel and sharing your experience in this review. We are glad that your overall experience at the hotel was good and that you enjoyed the breakfast and the variety of food on offer. We promise you that in your next visit, we will ensure a variety of fresh juices on offer for you.

The management has already taken into consideration a plan for beautifying the blank wall of Atrium with murals.

We would like to welcome you again and I am confident that our associates will continue to surprise and delight you with even more engaging and inspiring experiences.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

This is my second stay in this hotel. Last time I stayed in this hotel in Nov 2011 but this time I enjoyed my stay better and more comfortable. The main attraction of this hotel iss its location. It is on highway and near to main Industrial town Buti Bori, Wardha and Hinghanghat. Staff is well trained and ready to help you at any time. They also offered 24 hour room service and have selected item in their Menu. Breakfast was served in restaurant 'Wood' which has ample space to accommodate its guests. Quality of breakfast was also good but try to improve quality of South Indian food. Last time I hired a cab from travel desk which cost me a lot and i feel harassment also. This time I told my customer to hire taxi from his own contact which was a very wise decision. It cost me cheaper by Rs.700 from the rates given by the travel desk. Overall it was nice experience and I will prefer to stay in this hotel in future also.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
SunnSandHotelGroup, General Manager at Le Meridien Nagpur, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Dear Mr Ashish Mittal,

I would like to thank you for taking time out to share your feedback with us. I've shared your review with my team and it serves as a motivation to all. We loved the pictures you've taken during your stay at Sun-n-Sand Hotel, Nagpur!

My team and I would love to welcome you again during your next visit to Nagpur.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

hotel has excellent service & food. its calm, rooms are spacious with excellent gym and swimming pool. But biggest drawback is its very far from city coming from city at nigh might charge you Rs.800 in cab,

Room Tip: Road facing rooms are better
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank kunalsawhney
SunnSandHotelGroup, General Manager at Le Meridien Nagpur, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Dear Kunal Sawhney,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us on Tripadvisor.

We would love to see you again at Sun-n-Sand Hotel on your next visit to Nagpur.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

A friend of mine (a foreign woman) and I are both, respectable senior citizens, and we have traveled together in India and abroad widely. We have never had a problem securing a double room together. However, after I had booked the room and rang up the hotel to ask about coordinating with the complimentary hotel taxi to pick my friend up from the airport (I was in Nagpur already) the person asked me whether I was married to her (presumably because I used the world friend). When I told her I was not, she said I could then not stay in the room as it was against hotel policy (along with colleagues sharing a room, etc).. I said I had never heard of this before anywhere in India or abroad and could I speak to her manager. He confirmed the same, and when I said could I then have my money back said no, it was too late since I had booked through a third party. I pointed out that there was no mention of the hotel policy on the website and that I would sue the hotel if I did not get my money back.. Failing to obtain satisfaction I spoke to the resident manager who did after some discussion agree to accept us as guests only after I told him we were "quite old and respectable people"..

While I can see hotels do sometimes get undesirable people surely being unmarried should not in itself be a concern. Also any policy should be announced clearly and less ham-handed ways of enforcing it should be adopted. It could be embarasing indeed for an unmarried couple to be turned away at the desk.

The hotel was very good in other ways, and I enjoyed the pool, and the large room. I send this review in the hope that it will prevent embarrassment from being caused to others. I object also to an arrow being drawn though the heart below. Not all couples are in love (unlike young honeymooning couples) so I am going to click on friends.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
7  Thank Prabhakar G
SunnSandHotelGroup, General Manager at Le Meridien Nagpur, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us on Tripadvisor.

The hotel exercises its right to admission in specific circumstances. However this is not a written policy and we exercise it to ensure that we have the right profile of guests staying at the hotel. This policy seems to have been taken a little too seriously by the person who attended your phone call. I apologise for the misunderstanding in your case.

My team and I would love to welcome you again on your next visit to Nagpur.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Stayed here for a week. Didnot get reservation in my standard hotel so had to stay here. Was a memorable experience. The location is not good, was around 8 kms from the airport and outside the city however the hotel makes up for it with the food and the service. Breakfast was lavish and yummy. Room service was good too. I would recommend it for long stays when you dont have to visit the city everyday

Room Tip: Na I only stayed in one so dont have too much idea
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank bhakok

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sun-n-Sand Nagpur and taking time out to share your experience with us! It is with the help of valuable feedback such as yours that we can continue our efforts towards attaining guest satisfaction.

The Hotel is located at a short 5 minute drive from the Airport and city centre is about 15 minutes away as you may have noticed. The location for the Hotel was selected on the basis of the upcoming MIHAN project and SEZ being developed in the vicinity. The development is in full swing and it's only a matter of time that the area would become a world class location.

My team and I would love to welcome you again on your next visit to Nagpur.