“cocktail & dinner”
Review of The Alcor Hotel

The Alcor Hotel
Ranked #6 of 30 Hotels in Jamshedpur
Reviewed July 27, 2014

on behalf of Indian Institute of Welding, Jamshedpur branch, organised cocktail party at Alcor Hotel on 26.07.14 for IIW India National Council members. there were 35 persons. Ambiance was good. Table layout was fine. Food and snacks were good. Initially there were problems in timely supply of veg and non veg snacks which were solved later. overall the whole show was appreciated by the guests. Thanks

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

Organised cocktail party with dinner for National Council members of Indian Institute of Welding IIW INDIA on 26.07.14. Party was for about 35 persons. Food quality was good. Only problem was supply of veg and non veg snacks on time initially which was solved later. Ambiance was good. Table layout was also fine. Food quality good. The whole show was appreciated by guests. Rates reasonable.
Thanks to their F & B team

Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 6, 2014

I was here for a friend's (The Choudhary's) wedding and I was awed at the moment i entered.
There are Onyx accents right at the entrance and that makes one judge the service level and rightly so. This is a hotel i can come back to again and again! Beautiful room,spacious and a beautiful green view from my room #509. The service staff from IRD was not only courteous but took my feedback after each meal and noted it which i really appreciated.
There was a manager by the name of Pawan who again was extremely noteworthy and courteous.
The amenities in the room were lovely too!
The only thing i really got offended at was the receptionist called Harpreet calling me and commanding me saying "Mam you were supposed to check out!" Now the words aren't daunting but the way she spoke was very in my face and i was quite taken aback. She sure could help with some training in telephone etiquette. The terrace club,the lounges were superb as well...
I stayed from 2nd ay to 4th May and thoroughly loved my stay!
I will chose this over any other if i were to visit Jamshedpur without a blink of an eye!
Awesome!

Room Tip: Ask for the green view...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
MarketingJamshedpur, Manager at The Alcor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Dear Esteemed Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback from your recent stay with us.

We are delighted to learn that you liked our hotel and that you enjoyed your stay overall. It is very encouraging to know that our guests leave the hotel satisfied with our services and facilities.I have already communicated your positive feedback to the entire team. It is very motivating to know that our efforts are well appreciated by our guests.

The Management has taken a very strong note on Miss Harpreet's behavior over the Phone. On your feedback we have taken a necessary action to train all the staffs of The Alcor Hotel. This Personality Development classes are helping us groom well with the proper etiquette training and quick guest response activity been taken care of.

Please do let me know in case any of your friends do plan to visit Jamshedpur it will be a pleasure for me to assist them with the reservations.

Please do write to me directly should you need any assistance on fom@alcorhotels.com/reservation@alcorhotels.com/it_dept@alcorhotels.com.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights last week end as we were in Jamshedpur for a conference. We found the hotel better than what we expected with very spacious rooms with all the required amenities. Spread at breakfast at its restaurant although not very wide, was good to please Indian tastes. However, no free wi fi internet facility is extended although the hotel's website possibly mentions about it.

Overall a good experience.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Dear Esteemed Guest,

We are delighted to learn that you liked our hotel and that you enjoyed your stay overall. It is very encouraging to know that our guests leave the hotel satisfied with our services and facilities. We are obliged to see that we stand out of your expectations.I have already communicated your positive feedback to the entire team. It is very motivating to know that our efforts are well appreciated by our guests.

expectation. The available Band-Width of 2 Mbps is virtually running at around 1.6-1.8mbps
due to high traffic congestion on the ISP.

Hence, we have upgraded the WI-FI Band to 10mbps for providing you hassle
free high speed connectivity and seamless streaming.

The above service will come at cost to us. Hence, we propose to charge a nominal rate
of Rs.100/- per day from 8th June 2014.

We endeavor in Quality of Service to the guests visiting THE ALCOR HOTEL and strongly believe in Customer Satisfaction.The feedback from the Guests are our assets which is the true reflection of team at ALCOR HOTEL.

We again thank you for taking time to give us a precious feedback.
The entire team at The Alcor Hotel would look forward to welcome you back at the hotel during your next visit to the city.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

I stayed in the Alcor many times since January 2013 and I am still here.
The rooms are beautiful, clean and the staff is nice and very friendly.
I've been always really satisfied here. In the last two month they changed a lot. So they have choosen a new internet provider with the result, that lots of sites were not working because of heavy censoring. I could not even reach my bank. After big and angry discussions they changed a bit, but many sites are not accessible. I got a 3G Internet stick meanwhile to bypass the issue.
A couple of weeks ago they started a weekly BBQ at the roof terace. Good idea, but the noise of the incredible loud music goes until 1 or 2 am. On sundays happens the same, drillhammers at lunchtime, partys in the evening. If you complain, they tell you "we got an event". Not so nice.
Staff, rooms and food are very ok, ambient is catastrophy.
Meanwhile one of the most worse hotels I've been in. It used to be good, bad now it turns worser and worser.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Dear Sir,

It was indeed a pleasure to have you stay with us at The Alcor Hotel, Jamshedpur and thank you very much for sparing time with us. We look forward to serve you better.

We have observed with regret that you were not satisfied with the Internet Services and with the Noise of the roof top.

In regards to Internet services, It has come to our notice that WI-FI (Internet) provided by us in the Hotel is not up to
due to high traffic congestion on the ISP.

Hence, we have upgraded the WI-FI Band to 10mbps for providing you hassle
free high speed connectivity and seamless streaming.

of Rs.100/- per day from 8th June 2014.

We at Alcor always endeavor to provide its guests the best possible service.

The Management has taken very strong note on the areas of concern that you have raised and we would like to thank you for expressing your concern and giving us an opportunity to rectify and improve on our offerings.

The Management has taken a very strong note and the music at the roof top is allowed till 11:30 P.M. on Saturday's. We owe sincere apologies to the problems you have faced during your stay. We assure you that on your next visit you will enjoy the stay in the ambient atmosphere of The Alcor Hotels.

Once again we tender sincere apologies for the lapses in our service level which you have encountered during your stay. It is our constant endeavor to provide you with a memorable experience and your valuable feedback will certainly help in improving our services further.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

I was surprised to find such a beautiful and professional setup in jamshedpur.I had been to jamshedpur and and have stayed with few hotels but this hotel is outstanding and awesome.The Food served here is world class especially at the zirca restaurant.Try some Pizza at Nook.Oakwood bar with Hookah services is far more excellant.The Spa and Salon is where one can wind up after a day's hectic schedule and leave yourself at the dexterous hands of the staff to uplift your spirits.Finalyy the Rooms are conventionally done with details to guest needs.Special attention to the staff over here who are well versed with the indian hospitality adage :ATHITHI DEVO BHAVA"

Room Tip: Suite Rooms are the Best Deal you can get and don't forget the nook and zirca....
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank KeithAndrews237
MarketingJamshedpur, Front Office Manager at The Alcor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Dear Mr.Andrews,

We are delighted to learn that you liked our hotel and that you enjoyed your stay overall. It is very encouraging to know that our guests left the hotel satisfied with our services and facilities.I have already communicated your positive feedback to the entire team. It is very motivating to know that our efforts are well appreciated by our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you again. Please do write to me directly should you need any assistance on fom@alcorhotels.com.

Dhrutiman Das
Front Office Manager

Reviewed February 3, 2014

i was on a business trip and was delighted with the overall experience of my stay at alcor. the rooms are newly built, comfortable with all modern facilities. the food was the highlight of my stay there. Being situtated next to ramada, i felt the hotel was meeting all the requisite standards of being in a star category like ramada. i checked if they had hotels elsewhere but not yet i understand. good going all the best! would definitely opt for stay in Alcor again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
MarketingJamshedpur, Front Office Manager at The Alcor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Dhrutiman Das