“Best hotel in Jamshedpur as of now”
Review of The Alcor Hotel

The Alcor Hotel
Ranked #6 of 30 Hotels in Jamshedpur
New Delhi, India
“Best hotel in Jamshedpur as of now”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Complete value for money. Food is very good. Some of the dishes are truly delectable. Efficient room service. Rooms are actually huge and very well lit. Gym facility is also available in the hotel. For a project purpose, it was my second home for almost 3 months. Amazing stay.

Room Tip: Choose on the side wings, essentially room no 11, 12 on any floor.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Kartik V
alcorhotel, Front Office Manager at The Alcor Hotel, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your Alcor Hotel experience on this forum.

I am delighted to learn that you liked the quality of food served, the efficient delivery of room service,the rooms and the gym facilities at our hotel and that you enjoyed your stay overall. It is very encouraging to know that our guests left the hotel satisfied with our services and facilities.

I have already communicated your positive feedback to the entire team. It is very motivating to know that our efforts are well appreciated by our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you once again on your next visit to Jamshedpur.

Yours sincerely,
Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Chennai
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I had stayed there and also had conducted a seminar for 40 people. As for stay, I found staff to be courteous and prompt. Rooms are neat and clean. Towels, Bath are well maintained. Food quality is too good. Infact, certain uncommon recipe like rasgulla curry and singhada curry were too good.
As for banquet and seminar, they still are not so seasoned to handle. Staff were running around even until last minute to arrange LCD projector, cabling, concealing the cables,.....
Having said that, I would still rank them 4/5.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank mahi1852
alcorhotel, Front Office Manager at The Alcor Hotel, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear Sir,

Please accept our sincere apologies for delay in replying to your mail.I have recently joined as Front Office Manager with The Alcor Hotel on 15th of July'13 & wanted to thank you very much for posting your valuable comments on Trip Adviser.

At The Alcor Hotel, we strive to ensure Guest Delight but unfortunately during your Banquet & Seminar during your last stay with us as per review posted, we did not meet your expectations in providing our best services to you. We have taken remedial action to ensure that such inconveniences shall never reoccur.

It shall assist us immensely if you may kindly email your room number & dates of stay to fom@alcorhotels.com so that we can zero in to the root cause of the problem faced by you. Also, we are happy to inform you that we have conducted lot of counselling & training sessions for banquet staff in order to streamline the Banquets Dept.

The Alcor Hotel has been in Hospitality Business for last one year & a land mark of Excellence in Hotel Management since last one year. The guiding principle of Guest Satisfaction is deeply imbibed in all our Managers & Staff.

It is requested that you may again give us an opportunity to be of service to you & also experience the sea of change that we have undergone since. We value our guest relationship in very high esteem and are committed to providing you with the highest level of service simply because our guests deserve the very best.

Sincerely
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Its a very nice hotel with good service and great food. I never expected this from a hotel at Jamshedpur. But it was a pleasant surprise and the rooms were very good and the food was tasty. The most important aspect I liked was the room service. I forget some of my clothes while vacating the room and to my surprise I found an additional bag next to my suitcase. I was wondering whose bag it was when I opened I found my clothes. Than I realized that I forgot them in the wash room. I thank the Staff for their service and appreciate their effort in the road to success. My best wishes to the Management and Staff

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank kareem21
MarketingJamshedpur, Front Office Manager at The Alcor Hotel, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

Please accept our sincere apologies for delay in responding to your review on TripAdvisor forum.I joined Alcor as Front Office Manager from 15th July'13 and it would be my constant endeavour to reply to all guest feedback positively.

First we thank you for sharing your feedback on this forum & I am happy to learn that you enjoyed your experience at our hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you again. Please do write to me directly should you need any assistance on fom@alcorhotels.com

Regards
Bedford UK
Reviewed February 15, 2013

this was my first vist to Jemshedpur and my freind serched for a local hotel and knowing my wife was with me wanted to pick a good hotel. He picked the Alcor a newly opened hotel.This rated three star do not belive it its five star in all it provided first class bedroom staff and food.
You could not wish for better anywhere inthe world.
On our last night we eat our eveining meal at the hotel as the food had been excllent at breakfast and lunch and we had eaten at firends house all week.
The cheif provided advice on the food and the selection was excallent and the best indian, chineses fusion food I have ever tasted.

I hope to vist again in 2014 and will make sure I book early as I am sure this hotle will be much sort after .

Room Tip: no tips needed
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Jagtar
MarketingJamshedpur, Front Office Manager at The Alcor Hotel, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

At the outset kindly accept our sincere apologies for delay in responding to your review on TripAdvisor forum.I joined Alcor as Front Office Manager from 15th July'13 and it would be my constant endeavour to reply to all guest feedback positively.

I an pleased to learn that you liked our Food and Beverage offering, in particular the breakfast buffet spread & Lunch and the bedroom Staff(Housekeeping) exceeded your expectations.

I am very pleased to read that our team was able to make your visit most comfortable. I am also happy to learn that you, like many of our other guests, hold our company in high esteem. It is indeed an honour to have you stay with us.

Please do let me know in case any of your friends do plan to visit Jamshedpur it will be a pleasure for me to assist them with the reservations and we all look forward to welcoming you once again to our hotel in the near future.

With Warm Regards
Kolkata
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We stayed at Alcor hotel with a Russian delegation in April 2012. It was a clean, new property with nice comfortable rooms and a variety of food. The entire group was appreciative of the hotel. Location is a bit out-of-the-way.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Ashitava
Dear Guest,

It is always a pleasure to receive positive and constructive feedback from our guests. I am pleased to know that you liked our facilities including the food and beverage offering.

The team at Alcor Jamshedpur is looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

With Regards
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed January 14, 2013

let me start with the good parts - The food is just about okay, breakfast is served on time but coming to the service - its HORRIBLE. They are in a constant endeavour to mess things up and try and extract that little extra from our pockets when it comes to food or snack orders, literally everything in here comes for Extra! I heard a lot of good things about the other older hotels of Jamshedpur but chose this one because its a newer property - well, wont go in for that parameter from now on!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank pisceanpravin
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting your valuable comments on Trip Advisor. Also, please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced in our hotel during your stay.

At Alcor Hotel, we strive to ensure Guest Delight but unfortunately during your last stay with us as per review posted, we did not meet your expectations in providing our best services to you. We have taken remedial action to ensure that such inconveniences shall never reoccur.

I have taken note of your feedback on the service aspect. The guiding principle of Guest Satisfaction is deeply imbibed in all our Managers & Staff. We deeply regret if any action by one of our Managers or Staff has given a wrong impression about their being unprofessional & we have already initiated the process of rectification. We will emphasis this once again during our in house training session with the entire team.

Sincerely
Indian
Reviewed January 7, 2013

This time I had gone to Jamshedpur with a member of the Senior Management of our company and we were put up at this new hotel which had come up very close to our office. Being new has its advantages and it is hoped that the maintenance will continue to be up to the mark.
Room size was adequate and food was good.
Only gripe would be that prices are on the higher side.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank WanderingIndian
Dear Guest,

I an pleased to learn that you liked our Food offering & sizes of Rooms exceeded your expectations.

Please do let me know in case any of your friends or yourself do plan to visit Jamshedpur, it will be a pleasure for me to assist them with the reservations and we all look forward to welcoming you once again to our hotel in the near future.

Warm regards,