We arrived off a late flight....on Easter Monday. The hotel looked quiet but very clean and modern.
The Gentleman on the recepition desk gave up a ground floor room, which due to a bad experience in France I always request higher floors, when booking any hotel room, even if there is an extra cost.
Our booking was for a side sea room.
We were given a disable room.....with no door on the toilet!!! I feel sorry for disable people if they are not allowed a private room (toilet) while in this hotel.
The room was depressing....we have been married just over a year felt realy uncmfortable in this hotel room.
Went back to recepition explained this was not what we booked as you could see we are not disabilities. Told by the male on reception that was all that was avaiable......your booking agent booked it for you. ( AGENT ; U BOOK U LOOK ). NO other rooms avaible for the night.
I found this quite odd...as going over on the flight, I read about arriving late at hotel that they give you the worst room avaible ; the best way to obtain a good room is daytime check in.or loyality cards ( Hilton Honours etc) Deal direct with the hotel in person. Arrive around 23.00hrs this was what happened to us.
We had no alternative but to take the room, but the grumpy male receptionist said we could upgrade to a prem.sea view room for E5 pp per night E10 X 5 ...another E50 to pay for a private toilet.
Well we took the upgrade the next morning, costing the extra money.
There was an older male on reception in the morning who took pity on us and gave us the upgrade for e40 due to spending the night in room122. He also waved the safe charge on our room, which also helped.
The hotel was full of Germans, who did the usual....took all the food.....never queue for anything like eggs in the morning just treat the staff like slaves.
The food was very good....the staff were kind and helpful, as everything was in german....
Beach accross the road.Bus stop outside for palmer E1.50 to Palma
All the bars cater for the Germans....Found small bar just through the coffee lounge to the right..which was Spanish food and beer.
Its a good base ;clean; modern.there was no entertainment in this hotel ....you had to go to sister hotel .
Rooms are small....3/5day break its a good location.
Hope this helps your decision.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The IBEROSTAR Bahia de Palma is the same accommodation as always, but totally renovated. For over 40 years, thousands of visitors have been enjoying our friendly service and unparalleled location with the Mediterranean as the backdrop. This adults only hotel on the sea front is a small oasis close to the shore where you can relax, have fun and indulge yourself. Do you know why? Adults Only. As a couple, with friends or by yourself. However you prefer, but in a unique setting. More relaxed, more peaceful. We want you to hear the waves breaking from all of the hotel’s 217 rooms. However gently that may be. Rooftop pool. Take in the breathtaking views at the Sky Bar on the seventh floor. Look out over the horizon where the sea and sky become one whilst sipping on a glass of one of a variety of wines from the IBEROSTAR Bahia de Palma menu. Don’t let this experience pass you by! Chill out experience. If you are scared of heights, we have something for you where you can keep both feet firmly on the ground. The new SeaSoul Beach Club is the ideal place to watch the sun set. Your pulse will adjust to the rhythm of the music and you can choose from a wide selection of cocktails that will keep you cool. Beach, beach and more beach. Because that’s why you’re here. Feel the beach vibe all around, through the windows and from your terrace... It’s literally right in front of your eyes. The minute you leave the hotel you’ll be kicking off your shoes to feel the sand between your toes. Savour the island. Discover the most traditional and innovative flavours of the land and the sea. The best part? Being able to do it in an all inclusive hotel in Mallorca. Relieve stress and unwind. Get away from it all at the Spa Sensations of the Bahia de Palma hotel. Your daily routine and any worries will evaporate with every bubble and each contrasting sensation, whilst you rejuvenate your skin. A hotel with spa in Mallorca is another story. Stay in shape. If you’re one of those people that likes to keep active whilst on holiday, the new fitness centre at the IBEROSTAR Bahia de Palma makes it easy for you. And if you want to round off your workout with a bit of swimming, the 25 metre pool is just what you need. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Iberostar Bahia de Palma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Royal Cupido Hotel Playa De Palma
- Iberostar Playa De Palma
- Iberostar Hotel Royal Cupido
- Iberostar Bahia De Palma Playa De Palma, Majorca