3,390 results
All reviews copacabana building mini golf bad reviews soft drinks great holiday plenty of choice cleaned every day evening entertainment paella plenty of sunbeds patrick hawaii nationalities
Selected filters
Reviewed June 3, 2017

We stayed here for three nights, all inclusive. We were greeted by very friendly English speaking staff and had a room in the Copacabana which was small but of excellent standard with a large shower. A large balcony with two chairs and excellent air conditioning. Food was more catered for the Germans and the Dutch but was of a good selection and we always found something to eat. I do think English children would of struggled to find suitable food.
The pools were a mix of sunny and shaded, noisy and quite, and there was usually sunbeds to be found.
Drinks were typical all inclusive in plastic glasses, but the price we paid wouldn`t expect any different. Cues at the bar were only for a minuite or two.
Did not see any of the evening entertainment which was hosted in the Habana Hotel.
The resort does cater for German and Dutch 18-30s, but this was not a problem apart from some late night noise. Apart from being a bit noisy they did seem a lot more well behaved than the English abroad.
Overall a nice hotel and enjoyable stay, thank you.

Room tip: Ask for Copacabana
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
bayhotels15, Gerente at MLL Palma Bay Club Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on your stay with us at the Palma Bay Club Resort. We greatly appreciate all our guests feedback as it helps us to maintain the high standard of quality and service we pride ourselves on providing.

We should also mention that at Palma Bay Club Resort, we do our very best to provide our guests with the best possible value for money every day and we are proud that you feel able to confirm that the quality we provide is on a level with our highly competitive rates.

I am sorry you were disturbed during your stay due to the noise coming from the guests in the hotel. This is absolutely not the experience we expect our guests to have. Should you stay with us again and are not happy with your room, please do not hesitate to contact our Reception team who will see if there is anyway of making you more comfortable.

We are pleased the pools and other facilities were found to your liking. We wish you had taken some time to see some of our animation and we hope you do upon your next stay with us.

All the best,

Your team at the Palma Bay Club Resort

Reviewed June 3, 2017

Being delayed myself and about 6 people were dropped off at an empty reception area. After a while we found some basic signs pointing to another area so taking the lead i got the others to follow me up the hill, going past a full noisy bar full of groups of drunken germans with matching t-shirts. As we past we were all getting leered at as if we were in their territory....not a good start. Finally found the reception in the Hawaii building which was very busy. After being served I was given a map and a card which I later found out was my room key. Got to my room (room 333 in the Copacobana block) but could see a thing and couldn't get the electric to work. Dragged my baggage back down to the busy reception and finally got served again only to be told that the room key also operated the electric by placing it in a white box near the door....why I wasn't told this when I checked in is beyond me. So back up the hill I went dragging my baggage. Got into my room, opened the curtains to see no balcony (despite my request), overlooking a back yard full of rubbish skips and 5 VERY VERY LOUD DOGS!!!!. Every day those damn dogs barked from 07.30am to 00.30am EVERY DAY!!!. So finally got to sleep once the dogs had been taken in only to be woken by some very loud German rap like music at 7am. You just could not stay in the room during the day and eventually I tracked down some ear plugs which helped slightly. I did go to the reception the next morning but was told there was no other single rooms available & even if I did move that the Copacobana was a better accommodation than I had paid for!!.
Onto the complex itself......The complex is massive, very busy from afternoon onwards so my suggestion is to get up early and go walkies around the complex before the drunken loutish German drinking squads get up as it is a bit quieter. I found the breakfast & dinner in the Copacobana very nice with plenty of selection and the staff were very nice and friendly, but lunch was more like a cattle market and was in a different building but I found it easier to go to the snack bar in the Hawaii which was more like school dinners but less busy at certain times. I did find the bar a bit intimidating especially as a Solo traveller as it was just tables of large groups of young German blokes trying to out shout each other. As I said in the heading, i just couldn't wait to get out of there and come home.
Don't bother paying the 10 Euro deposit for a TV remote as there are only 2 British channels, BBC News & Sky News!!!

Room tip: Don't go here if over 50, a family with kids or even if you are British for that matter as it is an 18-30 all inclusive nightmare.
  • Trip type: Traveled solo

Dear Stewart,

Naturally I am terribly disappointed that our staff members did not show case the usual level of hospitality which we pride ourselves on and I have shared your feedback with the entire team at he hotel. Please be assured that this is not a usual occurrence at the hotel and I do hope that we have the chance to welcome you back to the hotel in the future. Often there is an influx of visitors during this season and we do the best we can to attend all of our customers rapidly.

Additionally, it is good to know that you enjoyed the many culinary delights prepared by our professional Chefs who always strive to offer a wide variety of typical delights to please all palates and we thank you for letting us know that we were able to master yours.

Again, we apologise for your disturbed night’s sleep. We rarely receive such feedback and as I have stated, we will look at addressing this in your room. It is very difficult to react to some complaints after the event. If we had been made aware of any issues at the time, we would have made our greatest effort to resolve them for you at the time.

It is true our complex is large and for that reason we can accommodate a high number of guests. In fact, we cover around 25,000 square meters with various places separated throughout as in different restaurants and bars, 4 swimming pool areas and stunning gardens. Most of our 8 buildings have been completely reformed in the last couple of years and those which haven’t been are reviewed and revised every year and a lot of maintenance work is carried out. We are continually working to keep our installations in good condition and always inform our guests, should they find something not to their liking, to please not hesitate in asking our reception for all the options we have available. We are always happy to help where we can, subject to availability. I apologise if the hotel fell short of your expectations.

Sincerest regards,

The team at Palma Bay Club Resort

Reviewed June 2, 2017 via mobile

I have just been there recently. The good point of this hotel: plenty of swimming pools, free air conditioning and not bad food (except the breakfast). Now the bad points... No animation (very, very rare!), only one bar so the queue was very long, reception same thing plus only some of the stuff could speak english and sometimes moody... Good idea if u have got limited budget and u do not have a kids, there is plenty of young people parting all night long :)

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank OlaaaTe

Dear Guest,

First of all thank you for your review on your recent stay with us. We appreciate you taking the time to write your comments.

We are pleased to read you found the swimming pools to your liking. We hope you had the chance to relax and lounge poolside and let the calmness embrace you making for an ideal and relaxing break.

Regarding the food, we are happy to know the food met your standards. We do our best to offer a variety of options in order to satisfy all palates and preferences.

We take all of our guest feedback very seriously and I would like to address a few additional points. Although the amount of animation may not have been viewed as sufficient, our animation team does their best to appeal to guests of all ages and nationalities. Not only do we offer animation as entertainment, we also offer tennis, ping-pong, paddle and other recreational activities.

We apologize if there were long queues to speak with reception or order a drink at the bar. Depending on the season, we often have an influx of visitors. We do our very best to assist guests in a timely manner.

Additionally, we are proud that you feel able to confirm that the quality we provide is on a level with our highly competitive rates.

We hope you were able to have a relaxed holiday and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Warmest regards,

The whole team at Palma Bay Club Resort

Reviewed May 30, 2017 via mobile

The hotel is lovely but upon arrival we were put in the Nobai apartments which are down the road from the main hotel and just awful. No lock on entrance door so anyone can walk in! We were asked to be moved and were put in the Gobi apartment block which was ok but very small room. We had to spend one night in the Nobai apartments and were kept awake all night by a German party in the next room. The breakfast was ok but the evening meal wasn't very good at all. I would not recommend this place to couples looking for a quiet break away as you certainly won't get it. The place is predominantly for large groups of young German lads and girls that just want to sit around getting drunk and singing as loud as they can until the early hours of the morning. They have no consideration for anyone. We managed to find a beautiful Mexican overlooking the sea called mama Mia's and sat on the terrace looking out to sea, but other than that the resort mainly caters for Germans and the restaurants reflect this with their menu choices. The beach is beautiful but I would not return to this resort. Very disappointed!

1  Thank LisaJayneDavies
bayhotels15, Gerente at MLL Palma Bay Club Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2017

Dear Lisa,

We take all of our guests' feedback very seriously and we are very disappointed to read about your time with us. Your experience will help us point out the key areas to work on, and we truly appreciate the time you have taken to point out these matters.

We hope the room change made by reception helped improve your stay. I am sorry you were disturbed during your stay due to the noise coming from other guests. This is absolutely not the experience we expect our guests to have. Our Reception team does their best to make our guests as comfortable as possible.

We are pleased you were able to enjoy yourselves while eating Mexican. Our ideal location near the ocean makes for excellent views and a relaxing time. We hope you liked the Playa de Palma area.

We are happy to hear you found the breakfast suitable. We do our best to satisfy a wide range of pallets and we hope we were able to satisfy yours.

We appreciate you taking the time to post a review. Your constructive remarks will certainly help us to quickly improve the aspects you mentioned. Thank you again for the courtesy of your time.

All the best,

The entire team at Palma Bay Club Resort

Reviewed May 28, 2017 via mobile

Hotel was clean. Food was ok we stayed in. In the Sahara after asking to be moved from the nobi very noisy hotel lots of young people facilities in the annex building rooms are basic no hairdryer. Not kettles. Enjoyable 5 days

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank fitsc
bayhotels15, Gerente at MLL Palma Bay Club Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2017

Dear Fits,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your 5-day stay at the MLL Palma Bay Resort. We greatly appreciate your feedback.

We are happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us. Regarding the cleanliness of the hotel, we thank you for your positive feedback. Our chief aim at Palma Bay is to offer our guests a great, fun filled holiday at an affordable price and we have received many complimentary reviews confirming that our quality to value for money ratio is more than acceptable. Thank you for agreeing with us.

We are sorry we did not have some of the facilities you were looking for in the room. Next time, please contact our Reception team and they will be happy to do what they can to help you.

Thank you again for sharing your experiences with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Management