“caribbean Hotel, Palma Bay, Playa de Palma”

Palma Bay Club Resort
Ranked #69 of 78 Hotels in Playa de Palma
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Booked for Palma Bay Hotel and upon arrival was told overbooked so been put into Caribbean Hotel 500 mtrs up the road, as my parents are elderly they provided a taxi to take us there and we were able to use all the Palma Bay facilities. This is my 4th visit to Palma Bay hotel and prefer to stay in main complex food and facilities are much better. The 500 mtr or so walk was fine for younger people, but elderely people not so good, Also area Caribbean Hotel is in is not so nice. The mix of people in all the hotels is lovely all nationalities, French, Russian, Dutch etc. and also a lot of Spanish, It is an ideal hotel for a cheap few days away. The staff at the Caribbean Bay were really good, the waiting, bar and reception staff all exceptionally good.

Room Tip: Try to stay in main Palma Bay complex
2  Thank 186478Holls
There are newer reviews for Palma Bay Club Resort

Reviewed October 28, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 3 nights last week. I think I could have tolerated 5 nights but probably no more.
When we arrived we were told they had overbooked the hotel and were placing us down the road in a different hotel, not even on part of the complex, which are also pretty spread around.
The hotel was fine, friendly people on reception, room was cleaned every day. Bathroom was pretty basic. The air vent in the bathroom went through to our neighbour's room so could hear them pretty clearly...
The rooms had very thin walls and doors. We had asked for a double room but were given one with twin beds. When I asked to move, I was told there were no spare rooms to swap us to...
We were told to eat in the main complex that we had booked into, rather than the hotel which we were now staying in. The food was fine, lots of stodgy options, but not bad. Breakfast was the best meal of the day with fresh fruit, pastries, cereal, hot bacon/eggs etc. and lots of tea/coffee/fruit juice.
For the £200 each that we paid for flights, 3 nights all inclusive and transfers it was great, but I wouldn't have wanted to pay more.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tamsin F
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Hi all!

Just back from a 7 night trip to Majorca staying at the Palma Bay Club Hotel in El Arenal.

I booked this on a spur of the moment through onthebeach after coming back from a lads holiday back in March. I was looking for a bit of late sun somewhere that offered good value for money and thats exactly what I got.

I booked a 7 night stay with flights, transfers and baggage All Inclusive for a mere £250pp. Now be careful - I had skimmed over a few reviews on here then booked the trip. It was'nt until a while later I realised the way the hotel was broken into 7 buildings and ours was outside the complex.

I e-mailed MLL Hotels (the owners) to upgrade the room, prefering to be inside the grounds and they informed me I could only do it through my agent. I contacted onthebeach but they only have permission to book into Sahara, Nubi or Gobi buildings. MLL Hotels told me that I may be able to upgrade on arrival depending on availability of rooms.

On arrival we asked if it was possible to upgrade. The receptionist told us it was'nt possible as they were overbooked until 24/10 (our departure date). I was dubious about this excuse until we met another couple staying in our hotel later in the week and they indeed had arrived to find they were staying one night in a nearby hotel until their room became available.

We arrived before check in on 17/10 to be given a key for left luggage and told to go back a few hours later at 2pm. We had a wander along the sea front and checked out the area before going back to check out our room. We were allocated room 107 in the Gobi building across the road from reception.

Our 1st impressions of the building wer'nt good. It looked rough and our room was tiny and the view from the balcony was of three large white walls. However it was very clean (you could smell how well it had been cleaned) and comfortable. However, as the week rolled on we became quite fond of our little room. Housekeeping were around every day maintaining the cleanliness and our "shaded" room always kept cool despite some lovely temparatures outside.

Food was plentyful and decent. Nothing more and nothing less. Drinks were served in small plastic cups which seemed to annoy everyone and gave bar staff no peace. However it was always quick to get served. I'm not sure how quick it would be during peak season mind!

Its in the area of El Arenal which is a mainly German area. However the hotel was a lovely mix of nationalities. Lots of Spanish, German, English, Dutch. Even got into conversation with a Czech lady. Lots of countries represented and I liked that.

However El Arenal was a little overpowering at times. If you walked to the seafront from our hotel and turned left you found a Spain that we all recognise. More catered for towards an English crowd. Turn left and it was all German. This isn't a bad thing but a tad overpowering when you walk into a bar (Mega Park) and 1500 Germans are partying on tables to Euro Disco celebrating Oktoberfest! It was a WOW moment in my life and I felt like I was staring alot! The main bar strip from the seafront upwards had me well out of my comfort zone too! The beach mind is the nicest sand and sea i've experianced so for. Just lush.

I booked 1 excursion to the west coast of the island. If you're looking for something to do I'd recommend this trip to Soller and Sa Calobra. I booked it at a rent a car place on the seafront (It's the first rent a car place you come to as you turn left onto the front next to the ice cream parlour at the bus stop). It's advertised outside and cost 59 euros per person. We were picked up near our hotal and taken to Palma. We switched buses onto our tour bus then took a old wooden train from Palma through the mountains to Soller. You then take an old tram from Soller town to the port and then take a boat trip from Soller to Sa Calobra. Soller and Sa Calobra are both breathtakingly beautiful. It's an amazing day out and excellent value for money.

All in all I've had an amazing week. I probably won't stay in Arenal again but i'm pleased i've experianced it. The hotel and area are both worth every penny for £250pp on a full holiday and I would put nobody off going to either the area or the hotel.

Room Tip: Book into the main hotel. it's not alot more in terms of cost and should geta better view from t...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Andrew W
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Transferred to above hotel on arrival like others.Palma Bay do this often as they overbook.The Tal ok,but not what was booked.10 minutes from beach.Food average,mostly catered for Spanish.Room ok,two lifts,eight floors.Very good pool including childrens pool.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank tel247
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Just back from the Palma Bay and overall we had a great time. I was slightly concerned about bad reviews but on the whole, you get what you pay for.
We were housed in Copacabana which was fine for us as we are relatively young and fit but not for those with walking difficulties as it was up a very steep hill. The resort in general is quite hilly and both my husband and I commented that we were glad his mum wasn't with us as she would not of made that hill. All of the guests with small kids were in one block, the elderly in another block... It felt like a few little hotels merged into one. The room was fine for us. I only have a couple of complaints. The beds are awful! You can feel every spring on the mattress and both myself and my hubby woke up after a terrible nights sleep each morning... the other complaint is that the TV only has 2 english channels and both are the News... not that you spend much time in your room but with 2 small kids (3yrs and 1yr), it would of been nice to have anything else to watch.
I cannot comment on any entertainment as we didn't see anyone from the animation team at any point on the holiday. Although we were back to our room after dinner as the kids were knackered.
The restuarant was ok. Breakfast was probably the best meal of the day for us and the most neutral. The evening meal was mainly orientated to the german guests and meals were quite chaotic in the restuarant. The snack bar was open 10.00-19.00 each day and the food was ok, mainly chips and a small selection of salad. Everything you need for lunch time.
The swimming pools were great. Plenty of space, sun beds etc. Only 1 pool bar open I suppose as it was classed as out of season. The beach was about a 10-15minute walk away and downhill.
The kids club was closed but our kids were too small for it anyway. The kids playground was a bonus.
I would recommend this hotel.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Stayed for 10 nights October the 6 th to 16th x worried about bad reviews nothing to worry about , food was ok always something to eat , drinks 2 per person in plastic glasses not a problem safety , it's not the hotel it's the people you meet we had a right laugh met loads of people from Yorkshire Northern Ireland Middlesbrough and Scotland . There were other nationalities there no problems , people on trip advisor wrote about the Germans been loud but it was the English but only having a good laugh and good time . Overall for a cheap 10 nights away nothing to complain about all you can eat drink and no washing shopping and cleaning and loverly weather , what more do you want , went 10 years ago as well and would deffo go back .

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Just back from a week stay at the Resort. I was so worried about this holiday because of the reviews. We had a blast. We stayed in the Gobi Building ( much quieter than the main buildings) The choice of food was fantastic, drinks were great, plastic cups, but we knew that. It was busy, so wouldn't want to go height of season. Great mix of nationalities, Brits, Spanish, Russian, German, Dutch, Italian, all wanting the same... a good holiday. Pools can be shaded, but the beach is so close we went down there most days. Apt was small in Gobi, but was cleaned every day, very secure also. Staff were lovely, especially on the bar. Only down side for us was the restaurant, It had no windows and was busy, but we didn't eat out as the food was fantastic. You could eat from 7am - 10pm. Resort is great. Beach is very safe, shallow. The beach front is very long and very flat. Great for walks. Don't let the reviews put you off a cheap and cheerful holiday!! You get what you pay for and a little bit more!!

Room Tip: The main buildings surround the entertainment area. The hostels are just across the street and are...
1  Thank fl0werp0wergirl
#26 of 44 in El Arenal
azuLine Hotel Bahamas
azuLine Hotel Bahamas
#3 of 44 in El Arenal

Been to Palma Bay Club Resort? Share your experiences!