“They say ou are what you eat, well here you get what you pay for!”

Palma Bay Club Resort
Ranked #67 of 77 Hotels in Playa de Palma
“They say ou are what you eat, well here you get what you pay for!”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

My partner didn't like it one bit, from the pulling up and seeing line dancing to the pools full of leaves...I'm 35 and my partner is 29, and we have just returned from Lanzarote about a month prior to this and we just wanted a quick return abroad for a cheap price. We had that with this, under £200pp and I was satisfied we got what we paid for. We stayed in probably the worst rooms the hotel had to offer in the gobi building, there were better. In whole the room was clean and cleaned every day, the room was small but ample for a couple as we only used it to sleep In ! The only bad thing with the room was the balcony with an all round view of 2metres to a wall each way then a drop to the concrete at the bottom, which was kinda eerie! I'm not much of an experimenter with food ill be honest so I didnt eat much, however don't judge food on me, I don't even like cheese! My partner ate plenty every day and the food was varied. The snack bar was pitiful mind! Staff, well...some were ok, some were very rude! The hotel as my partner put it was a nightclub for the oap's...and mostly spanish, who come here for a break with dominoes, cards, line dancing and bingo plentiful...the staff and hotel cater mainly for these...and so we were turned away from the main bar often and told to go to the other side where the British seemed to be placed. Didn't stop me drinking plenty...I got my moneys worth...had I paid more I would have complained. But I was happy I got what I paid for. My main gripe however was that yeah you could drink as much as you want from a small coffee size carton, as pints weren't available, that was however only until all inclusive stops at 11pm and the pint glasses are introduded for €4 each!! Figure that...we went elsewhere after that, Tony's burger bar round corner sells pints for €2 which was recomended by Hannah behind the bar...If its just a base your looking for and a clean room, you'll be fine just don't have many exectations. It did need a big clean up for the summer, but I imagine it can be made to look much better, there were many pools but only one usable as the rest were full of leaves and dirt. It suggests on here that there is lots on offer to do and the hotel team are always lively and entertaining on an evening...well other than a bingo caller and DJ For the line dancing, there isn't anything at all in the way of entertainment! Its about 5 min from main front which isn't much better to be fair...beach wasn't much cop, was very dirty after a local storm, it hadn't been cleaned we were told due to the Olympic sailors training in the bay. Further round it was ok. Wasn't impressed with Arenal to be fair, all we did was drink, as there's nothing else to do...though we were out of season! Magaluf is a trek, but we did it and had a much better night, lively, though I'm not much of a clubber it was a refreshing change to see peoople having fun...all in all for me, if this is all I can afford its a cheap holiday and I would come back, probably alone however as my partner wont return, but personally, its ok as a base for couples to venture out, not for families, I wouldnt take my kids here at all. It is what you make of it, if your that way out anyway you'll hate it, but go open minded and be prepared to make you holiday and you'll be fine.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Melnkez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (464)
  • Polish first
Harlow, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Can't understand people knocking this hotel, after reading reviews on here I was wondering what I was walking into.
I needn't have worried, I stayed from 7th march to 11th march.
Room was great, nice and clean with plenty of space and a balcony.
Food, there was something for everyone which was well cooked and plenty of it.
All inclusive drinks were fine, yes out of plastic cups but that is the same for a lot of hotels in mallorca.
Only down side is the hotel being set back quite a way from the sea front and I wouldn't say it was an area for families!
Back to the hotel, you get more than you pay for and there is a lot to do on site.
Staff were very friendly and always on hand to help.

Room Tip: Try and be on the main complex
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Stuart B
West Bromwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 4, 2013

booked in the palma bay 28th feb/3rd march but ended up in the gobi just abit down the road(palma bay was fully booked with old spanish people)room we had was,nt to bad with big balcony 401 but others in the gobi block had smaller rooms with no views at all just bricks..food was,nt to bad,did eat out a couple of times cause of going out for the day..staff was great with us do try the jacuzzi and sauna you get 30mins and have to book it..it was 2 drinks at a time and all inclusive stopped at 11oclk..drinks was only a euro after that...good tip is to get the 21 bus from airport only 2.50 euro drops you just down the road..taxis am 20 euro plus other buses aswell to palma only 1.50.was a few bars open with the footy on for the time year too on the front..did go down to magaluf but it was abit of a mission tbf,only two buses but abit far best to go early(buses 15 or 25 and 105/106 from palma)but hard to find once in palma.weather wore to bad in all had a great time...and meet some lovely people aswell

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank richie b
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We stayed here for 5 nights All Inclusive in the Sahara Block, Great value for money food was okay apart from rabbit and pigs trotters one night. The room was clean and well maintained although we were in the Sahara Block it was a short walk to the main complex we asked to move but we were told by Jorge on reception it wasnt possible which wasnt great but we liked the Sahara after we seen a few high spirited stag parties in the main area. I would recommend this is to friends and family as it was a cheap break in a friendly clean and safe enviroment. Ps .... Chispas Burgers under the Sahara is amazing for a late night snack!

Room Tip: Sahara Complex is clean and quiet
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Matt B
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We went for 4 nights. 18 of February to 21 February 2013 .Before we went I was so terrified to go and almost cancel our trip after reading all those horrible reviews. And specially me going with my husband and 2 kids. I just thought to just go and see for my self. I don't get and understand why people gave it such a bad review. We all loved it, including the kids and hubby. The rooms where quilt small because we needed a cot bed, so we upgraded for just extra 30 euros and was even a very big massive room with large balcony. All the staff was very friendly and helpful and the food was good too. So much choices to choose from and drinks. Am ready to book again.

• Stayed February 2013
6 Thank veneciabest
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I stayed here for a girls week away in early October 2012 with a group of family and friends. It wasn't your typical girls holiday as the group ages ranged from 15 to 40ish. We booked the hotel as it was a cheap deal for 1 week all inclusive stay (under £200 each inc. flights and transfers if I remember rightly).

We had three rooms between the group and we all stayed in the Nubia bock which is a short walk (less than 5 minutes) from the main complex.
The rooms were basic, as you would expect, but clean and tidy with all the essentials. The small size of the room didn't bother us, since all we used the rooms for were sleeping.

The food wasn't exceptional, however it wasn't disgusting either. As a group we're all quite fussy eaters, and we all managed to find something we liked to eat (other than just chips) at each meal time. Meals were buffet style and served in Habana and Cococabana buildings. You would be allocated a building depending on which block you were staying in.

On an evening there was a range of different shows held on the outdoor stage, as it was late in the season it was a little chilly but you could still sit out with a light jacket or cardi. The shows put on were as you would expect for a European family resort, fairly run of the mill and there's not much to say about them really. There was also an indoor bar/disco area which was essentially like a school disco since mainly the younger kids were dancing and the music tailored to their tastes,

The area itself was tailored more towards German and Dutch holiday makers, and since it was the end of season a lot of the bars and restaurants were closed for winter. To get to the main part of the resort is just a short walk from the hotel towards the beach (about 15 mins). The beaches were lovely, and we enjoyed a good walk along the front. We didn't do much sunbathing though as it was a bit windy and cold. On an evening we headed to one of the very few bars open and despite being the only British group in there, we all had a blast! After all, we were all there for a good time and a bit of a dance. The name of the bar itself escapes me, however it had a 50's theme and was run by a lovely Dutch couple. I would definitely recommend paying them a visit, perhaps our signatures are still on the chalk board ceiling! :D

All in all, a nice week away and definitely not as bad as others are saying!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Darylann S
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Well where do I start the good was ok actually I was really worried with the other reviews.
It's dead quiet at this time of year wish we were better advised with two small children and way too many old Spanish bad mannered people though the staff were very helpful in assisting me with baby & getting her milk for me.
No Internet signal so had to pay :-(
The room, well our room had three single beds n heating worked unlike another family we met- oops, bath needs replacing my eldest wasn't impress & shower over bath- water not very hot but decent enough!!
The beach wasn't far @ all, though you have to walk a while for a decent clean part!!
Not many shops open but plenty of places to eat ;-)

• Stayed February 2013
#4 of 5 in Cala Major
Pinero Hotel Bahia De Palma
Pinero Hotel Bahia De Palma
#10 of 44 in El Arenal

Been to Palma Bay Club Resort? Share your experiences!