I stayed at this hotel in March for 3 nights as a short city break. The hotel was clean and well maintained and the dining and bar areas well decked out. The hotel is actually in El Arenal or Playa de Palma and is about 30 mins bus trip to Palma (city) but only 5-10 mins from the airport on taxi.
The selling point of this hotel is the food. We were half board and had brunch and dinner included. The food was freshly cooked with spanish flavour and style. This is what makes it worth staying here because the surrounding area and city is generally expensive.
The garden area and pool is nice, with a sun deck and clay tennis court.
The bad points were that reception was not helpful and there was only 2 english speaking staff. The hotel is aimed at the older German tourist, which there was no shortage of in Palma. The bedrooms are very basic and the bathroom is small. There was no iron or hairdryer, air conditioning was very poor and room walls very thin!
We paid £300 for our trip of 2, including flights, so was worth it.
The beach is right on the door step and the bus service is great. I would advise that from the airport catch the number 1 from departures into Palma and then the number 15 to the hotel. Its much cheaper but may take about an hour.
PS dont buy the map from reception, its a total waste of money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mac Paradiso Garden is a half board hotel located in Playa de Palma, unique for its breakfast / brunch service available until 14h. The hotel is located in the quietest area of Palma beach but at the same time only 200 meters from the beach. The distance to the airport is only 5 km and to Palma city 9 km. There is a bus stop 50 meters from the hotel with buses to Palma every 10 minutes and to the airport every 30 minutes. The hotel offers comfortable rooms, terrace, outdoor swimming pool with bar where you will be able to enjoy drinks and snacks, gardens, clay tennis courts with flood lighting, facilities for cyclist, table tennis, pool table, indoor swimming pool, sauna, night entertainment with various music groups and DJs, currency exchange, car rental and excursions. The restaurant of the hotel Mac Paradiso Garden offers a select buffet with products from the local cuisine. The half board at the Hotel Paradiso Garden has an added value as it consists of:- Brunch from 8.00h to 14.00h with cold and hot buffet and a selection of desserts, with a larger variety towards lunch time.- Dinner with cold and hot buffet and a selection of desserts. The hotel Paradiso Garden has 118 rooms with full bathroom, balcony or terrace, sea view or garden view, telephone, free wifi, radio, TV Satellite, air conditioning, heating, safety box, free cots (on request). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mac Paradiso Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mac Paradiso Garden Hotel
- Mac Paradiso Garden Playa De Palma, Majorca