“Dated, tired and dirty” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #57 of 77 Hotels in Playa de Palma
London, United Kingdom
“Dated, tired and dirty”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

The only 'good' thing about this place is that it is close to the airport. We checked in for one night before flying home. We found the whole place/area so unbearable that we checked out the same day and flew home a day early. Grubby, dirty, cell-like room, non-stop German music blaring into every public space - dreadful place.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2011

Good hotel in a very nice and quite place of Playa de Palma, that is really difficult to find. Excellent service, tasty food (breakfast is till 14:00!), very clean and neat. One problem we experienced - small room that has only place for double bed. Definetly be back and recomend it to friends

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Paducah, Kentucky
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2011

The staff was very friendly, but didn't speak much English. If it hadn't been for the bathroom the room would have been really nice. The bathroom really needed remodeling. It looked like they had tried to clean it, but it still just seemed really dirty. They have free wi-fi in the bar. They also have a luggage hold room, in case you arrive before check-in.

The breakfast and dinner buffet were pretty good.

Great location. The hotel is only about a 5 minute walk from the beach. There is also a bus stop just a few minutes away that will take you into Palma or to the airport.

Room Tip: I found a great deal on Orbitz.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank pudgie17
HotelClubMac, E-commerce manager at Mac Paradiso Garden, responded to this review, July 13, 2011
Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2010

This hotel and the area is totally German!!!! The hotel did not even faciltiate us in having any English speaking channels on the box and when asked they said " we have to please the majority of our guests".
The hotels public areas 3 star good but the bedroom is 1 star, very small but clean. The food is typically German also and they only provide half board so you are captive audience having paid for the food in your price.
Would not recommend this unless you are German

• Stayed April 2010
1 Thank Theresa353

Travelers are raving about these Playa de Palma hotels

Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2009

While I was studying in Valencia, a few friends and I went to Majorca for the weekend. One night, we were out at the local bars until late in the morning. When I came back, I realized that my Apple MacBook computer, my Apple iPhone, my glasses, my watch, a Spanish-English translator, and a few clothing items were missing out of my room, and our back door was broken. My friend, who stayed in that night, told me that a robber had broken in. My friend heard him breaking into our back door, so he went to the front desk to get some help. When the robber left the room, my friend tackled him and was able to get my computer back, but from there, the man at reception took over because he spoke Spanish and my friend didn’t. After a long argument between the receptionist and the robber, the receptionist finally let him go free without checking to see if he had stolen anything else, even though the police were supposedly on their way. He had gotten away with over 500€ worth of my things, because of a door that was easily broken into even when it was locked up and because of a night manager’s questionable decision to release a criminal before the police arrived and without checking his pockets for other stolen goods. What’s even worse, both the night manager and the owner essentially told me that their faulty door was not their fault, and that it was my problem to deal with. They aided me in no way and seemed completely unbothered by the fact that their hotel had been robbed and the criminal was in custody but was let go to rob someone else. I just don’t understand it. We were the only native English-speakers (Americans) in the hotel, I think the whole thing was a set up, and they’ll probably set you up too if you stay there. Travelers beware! Majorca is a great place for people of all ages, but stay far away from Hotel Mac Paradiso Garden.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank charcole08
Germany
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2008

My daughter and I came back from Mac Paridiso Gradens yesterday, after a 5 day stay at the hotel for a last minute brake. When I first went into the hotel, the reception was appaling. They had taken down all the details wrong, and thouht that there was only one person coming to stay, but as a matter of fact there was two. There was problems in understanding many of the staff as they either talked German or Spanish, obviously being English this was a little bit of a problem.
When we got our room, it was completley different to how it had been made out on the internet. There is no mini bar, little aircon and the beds where like sleeping on wood. I cannot say that the room was unclean, because I didn't see anything disgusting but I just didn't like its apperance. In the hotel it didn't have a sauna, which it claimed to have on the internet, and it also has only one little pool, when it claimed to have two. The bar attendants where very polite and lovley to speak to, and the bar was a nice place to relax.
Apart from the food, and hotel. I really enjoyed my holiday to Playa de Palma, the hotel was a 3 min walk to the beach and all the pubs and restaurants, there is a wide variety, the beach is clean and they is a great atmosphere. I loved the holiday as we didn't spend much tim in the hotel. We used the hotel next doors facilitys which where much better.

• Liked — The bar
  • Disliked — The room
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
      Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank LisaMcTaggart
UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2008

Mac Paradiso Garden Hotel, Palma, Majorca. April 5th 2008
I booked this last minute break for myself, husband and two older teenagers for four nights and three days and felt we had really good value for money. As someone who loves cooking and eating I thought the food was excellent. and told the head chef. We had brunch and evening meal included in the overall price of just over £200 each. Brunch went on until 14.00 which meant there was no rush! The hotel in general was nicely furnished and clean as were our rooms. The staff were pleasant and the hotel was quiet when we were there. It is easy to hop on the bus to Palma from the hotel and get about.The beach is a five minute walk away and is very clean. I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting an enjoyable holiday as well as good value for money. S.Wood, Bristol

• Liked — Comfortable, clean and great food.
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
      Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)