Just arrived back from the Lancaster hotel in playa de Palma. Checked in on Saturday 31st march and nice and smooth getting us to our room. We discovered we were in room 520 on the 5th floor a couple of 100 feet in the gods with a 5 year old child whose favourite hobby at the moment is climbing, well the wife shot straight back down to the reception and Samuel the animacion director swapped us to the 1st floor(good man) wife could now relax.. Let's sum the hotel up food hit and miss!! No beans, bacon or sausages at breakfast... Gutted!! But we still ate( although my flatulence problem got worse with the amount of eggs I ate!!! Room basic shower superb never wanted to get out!! Maids never swept floor or changed bed linen in the full week, towels were hit and miss!! Bar area superb roomy and resembled a working men's club. San Miguel on draught and it was great. Cocktails a plenty but still worried the house vodka was named j**koff became the joke of the week, can I get a j**koff and coke?? Lol) pool area well pool in the shade all the time due to the hotel next door and the trees surrounding it!! And it was not heated it was freezing!!! Mini golf course with half of the trees on it due to non sweeping!! Always wet due to sprinklers on it most of the time!! Playground basic for little ones swing slide etc... Free wifi although there was do many people using it don't bother!!!!! Hotel a 5 minute stroll to the beautiful beach of playa de Palma and nearby arenal. It was also Spanish pensioners season so the working men's club feel was there with entertainment in the shape of table raffle and cheesy Spanish singers!!! Dancing, dancing and more dancing!!! Thought tess daly and sir Bruce Forsyth had set up for a new series of strictly come dancing!!! Hope this review helps you decide if it's the hotel for you!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ADULTS ONLY (+18) Enjoy Majorca to the fullest and in comfort; this is what we offer you in the smartline Lancaster in relaxing surroundings of Playa de Palma. An ideal place to enjoy yourself with your partner or with friends both in the surroundings of the hotel, in Playa de Palma, and taking advantage of all the offers of the capital - Palma de Majorca. The smartline Lancaster*** is located on the Playa de Palma only 300 metres from the beach, 6,5 km from the airport and 12 km from the centre of Palma. The hotel disposes of 318 rooms with balcony, air-conditioning (heating/cooling), SAT TV, safe (extra charge), bath, shower, toilet. The hotel also has 1 adults' pool and offers a varied program of entertainment for adults. Nearby the hotel, in the area of Playa de Palma, you will find a great range of additional water and sports activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, HostelWorld, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your smartline Lancaster reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lancaster Hotel El Arenal
- Smartline Lancaster Playa De Palma, Majorca