“Great location, food & service”
Review of Puerto Bahia

Puerto Bahia
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London
“Great location, food & service”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We ate here at least three times because it was consistently good quality with efficient friendly service and a wonderful location on the cliffs from to watch the sunset and get great views of the marina and old port.
The seafood was always fresh, good portions and great value.

1 Thank antipodesLondon

• Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
“Excellent situation but a bit of a let down”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

The location of the restaurant can't be bettered but whilst the four in this party were satisfied with their first course, despite one of the dishes which, according to the menu, should have included king prawns and hollandaise sauce, arriving minus these two components, the smoked salmon which did arrive was delicious. The mains, however, were a big let down - spaghetti carbonara, the salt sea bass and, particularly, the leg of lamb (at €18!) were all a disappointment. The service was friendly but we left the restaurant with a feeling of disappointment. It's doubtful we will return.

London
“Excellent locaton but the food rather a let down”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Tried this out on local recommendation. No hawkers ( won't go in anywhere that has ). Menu looked good and staff seemed helpful and interested when booking.

Food was unfortunately pretty bland. Avocado and prawns tasted of little, as did wife's carbonara. Grilled sole was good though.

Didn't feel tempted to return as there are plenty of other better better choices.

Might be a good choice for a light lunch sitting outside as the location and views are excellent

Visited March 2013
Leeds
“Never again!”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We went to this place for the first time in March this year. It will be our last time!

You have read all the other terrible reviews, so there is not much to add.

On this evening, we were going to visit "Emma's Cantina" but it was closed that evening, so we had to make an alternative last minute choice. We went into this place as we had never been before, and also it was the only one on the strip without a "tout" outside, trying to lure us in.

So at this point, please read all the other reviews to sum up our feelings. However, I must stress that I have never submitted a review before for ANYTHING, but felt that this place deserved a special mention!

The waiter brought my food out, but said that my partner's would not be ready for perhaps 5 minutes! He took mine away as I said we came out to eat together. I am always reluctant to have food taken away from the table when the restaurant is suspect - which, by this time, this one was!

My partner told me her food was okay, but mine was cold after being microwaved before it was brought back to my table. The amount of food was so minimal that I would have been hungry after the meal had I not had the foresight to order fries as well.

The waiter - despite his prior ignorance, came back and had the nerve to ask me if everything was okay! So I told him it was not, as there was not enough food, and that the meal was cold. He then started to offer to take it away to put it in the..........whoops! He nearly gave it away, didn't he? I declined his offer, as by this time I felt that they could and would do anything to my meal once it was out of my sight.

We have been coming to this island for our winter sun for many years now, but we have noticed that the quality of service is not to be found in the Spanish run eateries, and we tend to look for alternatives for a good night out, those tending to be English owned places, or one of the increasing number of Asian restaurants that are now emerging on the Island. This is a shame, as we have many memories of fair service, but to be honest, we are thinking back about a decade.

We noted the reactions to the other diners around us, and the way they were being treated, and we feel this review is fair.

Puerta Bahia just does not care any more, if indeed they ever did.

Oh - there was one positive thing that can be said about this restaurant that puts it in front of all the others, as far as I can see.....their toilets are the nicest and cleanest that I have been in on the Island. If only the staff could treat the customers as well as they treated their toilet.

I will never go back to this place again.

3 Thank Dave B
“Sadly, a restaurant in decline.”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

My partner and I visited here for valentines day as we had been impressed by previous visits to this restaurant on previous holidays. Pushed the boat out a bit and decided to have lobster but really wished I had saved my money! We had the seafood soup to start with which was very bland. The lobster followed 30 minutes later and was disappointingly over cooked. My partner had ordered Canarian potatoes to accompany the meal but was given chips. It was also very oddly served with raw carrots and a flaming salted lemon which was more of an annoyance than a pleasant decoration as the salt ends up all over your plate. We also had to ask for napkins as none were given to us with our cutlery and were made to feel like this was an unusual request. The final straw was when we looked at the receipt after we had left and realised that they had overcharged us for our soups! Not by a significant amount but I was more annoyed with the practice.
Overall, very disappointing experience from a once very nice restaurant. How establishments can expect to display these standards and expect customers to return is beyond me.