“Never again!”
Review of Puerto Bahia

Puerto Bahia
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Leeds
“Never again!”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We went to this place for the first time in March this year. It will be our last time!

You have read all the other terrible reviews, so there is not much to add.

On this evening, we were going to visit "Emma's Cantina" but it was closed that evening, so we had to make an alternative last minute choice. We went into this place as we had never been before, and also it was the only one on the strip without a "tout" outside, trying to lure us in.

So at this point, please read all the other reviews to sum up our feelings. However, I must stress that I have never submitted a review before for ANYTHING, but felt that this place deserved a special mention!

The waiter brought my food out, but said that my partner's would not be ready for perhaps 5 minutes! He took mine away as I said we came out to eat together. I am always reluctant to have food taken away from the table when the restaurant is suspect - which, by this time, this one was!

My partner told me her food was okay, but mine was cold after being microwaved before it was brought back to my table. The amount of food was so minimal that I would have been hungry after the meal had I not had the foresight to order fries as well.

The waiter - despite his prior ignorance, came back and had the nerve to ask me if everything was okay! So I told him it was not, as there was not enough food, and that the meal was cold. He then started to offer to take it away to put it in the..........whoops! He nearly gave it away, didn't he? I declined his offer, as by this time I felt that they could and would do anything to my meal once it was out of my sight.

We have been coming to this island for our winter sun for many years now, but we have noticed that the quality of service is not to be found in the Spanish run eateries, and we tend to look for alternatives for a good night out, those tending to be English owned places, or one of the increasing number of Asian restaurants that are now emerging on the Island. This is a shame, as we have many memories of fair service, but to be honest, we are thinking back about a decade.

We noted the reactions to the other diners around us, and the way they were being treated, and we feel this review is fair.

Puerta Bahia just does not care any more, if indeed they ever did.

Oh - there was one positive thing that can be said about this restaurant that puts it in front of all the others, as far as I can see.....their toilets are the nicest and cleanest that I have been in on the Island. If only the staff could treat the customers as well as they treated their toilet.

I will never go back to this place again.

• Visited March 2013
3 Thank Dave B

• Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
“Sadly, a restaurant in decline.”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

My partner and I visited here for valentines day as we had been impressed by previous visits to this restaurant on previous holidays. Pushed the boat out a bit and decided to have lobster but really wished I had saved my money! We had the seafood soup to start with which was very bland. The lobster followed 30 minutes later and was disappointingly over cooked. My partner had ordered Canarian potatoes to accompany the meal but was given chips. It was also very oddly served with raw carrots and a flaming salted lemon which was more of an annoyance than a pleasant decoration as the salt ends up all over your plate. We also had to ask for napkins as none were given to us with our cutlery and were made to feel like this was an unusual request. The final straw was when we looked at the receipt after we had left and realised that they had overcharged us for our soups! Not by a significant amount but I was more annoyed with the practice.
Overall, very disappointing experience from a once very nice restaurant. How establishments can expect to display these standards and expect customers to return is beyond me.

Nuneaton, United Kingdom
“Fabulous Fish”
Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Went around 1pm for an afternoon snack and had garlic prawns and canarian potatoes... Both came piping hot and very very tasty.... The waiter was very nice, polite and helpful.. The view out from the old town over the sea and harbour makes for a wonderful setting. It doesn't matter to some but the toilets are immaculate and for me that makes a huge statement!

County Dublin, Ireland
“Great view, poor service, food ok”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Had a meal here recently which was ok. The service was very poor. We were waiting a very long time for initial service and for our meal. The best part of this Restaurant is the view and the sunset was stunning from where we were seated.

Visited January 2013
Aberystwyth, United Kingdom
“Great food, awful service”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We loved our fish dishes here, local fresh grouper for my husband and salt cod for me. They were beautifully prepared with excellent sauces and garnished in traditional style (i.e. not with a mountain of chips!) However, it took 2 reminders to get our pre-meal drinks and another 2 to get a second glass of wine. We gave up the battle and decided against ordering a dessert. Then it took ages to get the bill. Needless to say, our tip was small. Maybe it was due to a language difficulty - our waiter appeared to be Chinese. A second waiter
appeared to be new to the job and didn't really know the menu.

Visited January 2013