“Mr Cooper Age 27”
Review of Acuario Sol

Acuario Sol
Ranked #31 of 91 Hotels in Puerto Del Carmen
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at Acuario Sol ll and had a great time from 6th - 13th March. Maids came practically every day and did what they had to do, poor bar staff were friendly and food was pretty much priced the same as back here in England and was of a great standard. Drinks priced accordingly. Happy hour 5-7, would put football on if asked. Pool cold I suppose ( think I was the only person that went in and lets face it when your in, at least give it 5 minutes and your body will adjust!) would definately return, no robberys or grumbles from anyone we spoke too. Chilled out and relaxing.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Paul C
There are newer reviews for Acuario Sol

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Just came back from another enjoyable week in Lanzarote.This was our second visit to these apartments and even though we had a nice time it was through no help from the staff on Reception. 2 months before our holiday I emailed to ask that it was our anniversary and we'd stayed before and enjoyed our stay.but on this visit our flight going back was a late flight and would be ok to pay extra to extend the last day on the apartment to which I had no reply,I phoned the resort about a month later to ask if they got my email and they said yes and this request should not be problem but I may have to pay 31euro which I reply this would not be a problem and left it like that.On the day of our holiday when I arrived I ask about this and was ask to come back the next day which I did four times and on the fourth I was told no I could not extend the room unless I had confirmation ! The apartment smelt badly of stale tobacco and room not particular clean.On a positive pool bar was very good.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tony H
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Well having stayed here from 5th to 12th of march had a lovely time , apt lovely and clean stayed in apt 218, lovely sunny balcony from morning until evening, great selection of sharp knives , frying pans that eggs do not stick to which unusual , lack of microwave really could do with one, cleaners very good as we were 4 women we kept it clean , told cleaner no need to clean one day and she actually got me to sign form to state I asked for apt not to be cleaned, having read about a robbery here in one review I was worried, having left my gold watch on dressing table while at the beach but it was still there when I returned, now the beds very very squeaky if I had been there with my partner I would have to put the mattresses on the floor if you get my drift, but overall clean apts lovely staff , We ate in the pool bar once food was lovely and very reasonable .

Room Tip: Well our room was 218 and had the sun from morning until night, had breakfast on balcony every morni...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 8, 2014

just got back 6th march 2014 after 11 nights stay at acuario 2 apartments had a great time room was cleaned and towels changed thoughout our stay good location only minutes from the beach most of the staff were friendly food in the pool bar was good our only grumble the pool was a bit cold we would definetly go back.i would recommend u stay at acuario 2 not 1 especially if you have children.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank david p
Reviewed February 10, 2014

URGENT ROBBERY, Please read first, IF BOOKING ,we stayed in sol 2, ground floor apt, we are just back from a weeks holidays here.On our second night here our APARTMENT was Broken in to while we were in Bed. The apartment was accessed with a key as no sign of breakin. We definitly locked door on night in question but took out keys and left on work top. My iphone, 3 bank cards, all my cash and a mans wallett were taken. These items were in my hand bag on floor beside me in our room.The wallett was found next morning on second floor above our apartment by staff. They never let us know untill i went to reception to make a complaint and the wallett was handed out to me. They knew it was ours because of the driving licence in it , but still did not contact us.Managment did not want to know of the robbery and refused to call the police for me or offer us any help .Eventually they did call the police after i insisted and police arrived in 10mins.The most worring thing about this break in for us is that my daughter who is disabled was with us and this has caused her major upset. Managment were rude, unhelpfull, and told us ther was no security cameras on our apartment , which there was a large one pointing directly at ours , which i informed the police about. When i went to reception on the evening of the break in , the lady there knew nothing of the break in , no information had been passed on to her. There is only access to these apartments through front door as there are bars on the windows, but thats no good if there is other sets of keys available. We did have a safe which our passports were in.Just be very aware if Booking These Apartments , There are other reviews about BREAK IN'S IN THIS COMPLEX

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
13  Thank nicole889
Reviewed February 8, 2014

just returned on 6th feb after a week staying in the Acuario Sol only complaint I have is apt 26 is very nice but very cold due to damp had to hire a heater to warm the apt up cloths very damp in wardrobe but this did'nt spoil our stay it was a lovely size apt clean and with everything we needed staff were lovely had a couple of breakfast's in apt bar very nice the staff there were great good deals on meals if you wanted to eat there but early close of the bar meant we did'nt eat there in the evening good happy hour 5pm till 7pm just a bit early for us to start, over all had a great stay loved peurto del carmen and will return but not apt 26 sorry acuario sol lovely apts just the damp and you would have had a excelent

Room Tip: we had room 26 damp
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lin209
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Stopped in a ground floor apartment at Acuariosol 1 for a week having booked with Thomas Cook and had a very relaxing week. The apartment was just the right size for the 2 of us. It was quiet, clean and comfortable with just a 5 minutes walk to the sea front. The apartment was a bargain for the price we paid. The kitchen is basic but sufficient for most needs with a good variety of bars and restaurants available within a close walk if you don't want to cook. As others have pointed out the only criticism is the towel change frequency but it didn't spoil or stay.

Room Tip: Acuariosol 1 quieter than 2 but both good sites
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family