“a good budget hotel”

Blue Sea Los Fiscos
Ranked #78 of 91 Hotels in Puerto Del Carmen
Reviewed January 23, 2014

i had seen the reviews and while informative did not deter me from this hotel, it is a three star hotel and that is what you get three star amenities.
if you are less mobile i would not recommend this hotel unless all you want is relaxation and peace and quiet.
as i like walking it was not a problem for me, the food was good it had a nice selection.
staff friendly especially the lady in the canteen, very nice lady always smiled said good morniing
only negative i would say is beds very uncomfortable

Room Tip: away from pool as sometimes gets noisy especially on karaoke night,
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Blue Sea H, Manager at Blue Sea Los Fiscos, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

We appreciate your review, and we thank you having visited this hotel of Puerto del Carmen.

There are newer reviews for Blue Sea Los Fiscos

998 - 1,004 of 1,852 reviews

Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here first 10 days of jan, on arrival we got given room 423 I think which was massive for the two of us no complaints there, on the whole the hotel was good clean and tidy.
The main thing what let's them down is the food cold and horrible we had to eat out most nights. Drinks are fine weather was nice good relax, nice and cheap good place for the money

• Stayed: January 2014

Many thanks for your feedback. Concerning the food, we have checked the temperature.

Best regards.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Before I continue this review is based on the cost of this hotel being £20 a night all inclusive per person and will include my honest views some good some no so good.................

We booked this last year as a cheap way to get some winter sun and after stupidly reading (and believing) the reviews thought we were going to a hell hole. How wrong we were.

We arrived at the hotel in the evening. Check in was quick and efficient. We were given all the information we needed. Receptions staff were helpful and had information as and when required.

The room we were given was 111 which is a 1 bed apartment on ground level with a cooking area fridge sofa and the double bed we asked for (yes they do exist). There was a TV which had some free channels and if you wanted more you needed to pay but who goes on holiday to watch telly? Yes the room is basic but It was clean and had everything we needed as a base. There is a table and chairs on the small patio area. You can get wifi at a cost which to be fair is a bit steep.

There was some negatives about the room. The bed was very uncomfortable (this appears to be a theme with other reviews so perhaps the hotel does need to invest in this area). Also the bedroom did have a damp smell so we stored the clothes in the living area. Finally like a lot of countries you cant put toilet paper down the toilet and are requested to put it in the waste bin this wouldn't be a problem if the bin had a lid but they are just waste paper bins which are only emptied when the room is cleaned (every 2 days) and this is a bit of a health issue.

I just cant see where people are coming from with regards the food. Breakfast, lunch and dinner there is loads of choice. Food ranged from beef fish pork chicken pasta potatoes veg to salad cold meats fish cakes ice cream soup ................................... basically you will never go hungry. It is all cooked well and there was no dicky tummies. You can get wine and juice for the lunch and dinner hot drinks are an option at breakfast. The staff are friendly and we had no problems with any of the food.

The pool area is clean there are enough beds for everyone spread across 2 areas. The beds are stacked and locked each evening and are available after 10 each day which is a great idea but you do have to lift them off yourself (the guy who unlocks them does needs a personality transplant as he looks miserable all of the time and doesn't acknowledge anyone). The pool is a good size but we didn't go in as it was too cold. No problems here.

The bar opens at 10am and closes at 11pm ON THE DOT. San Miguel on tap local spirits soft drinks and hot options. Yes you get everything served in small plastic cups (even hot drinks) but no issue with this. There is plenty of tables and chairs inside and out with the added bonus of a pool table and table tennis. Staff again are friendly. Again no issues here.

The entertainment is bingo bingo and more bingo the more that play (5€ for 6 tickets) the bigger the prize but there is normally a quiz each night too . On one night someone won 120€. There are 2 shows a week a parrot show and a wild bird show (short and more for the bird owners to get money for pictures). There are daily activities but we never tried them. Overall the evening entertainment is repetitive and needs to be improved and varied as bingo every night is boring.

The hotel itself is situated in the old town and is a 20 minute walk down a steep hill to the main front with all the shops and bars. People with reduced mobility will have problems here as to get anywhere in the complex you will need to go up or down at least 1 flight of stairs. If like us you have a late flight home there is a baggage holding room and a courtesy room for you to get showered changed ect just book this with reception on day of departure.

Overall People need to realise this is a cheap and cheerful hotel and at £20 each for a room bed facilities food and drink you cant go far wrong. Yes there are some rough edges (the bed and the toilet waste paper being our main areas of concern) but for the price I would have no hesitation in staying here again. Don't listen to the negative reviews but understand the price you pay is very cheap and judge for yourself.

I hope that Lola the hotel manager reads this and actions some of the constructive criticism in this review. But I would like to thank her and her team for an enjoyable week and I'm sure we will see you again.

8  Thank Steve S

Dear clients,

I assure you that I have taken note of your remarks. I am really and deeply grateful to you for your review, and very happy because you have spent a nice holiday.

We shall be looking forward to your return.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

After all the negative reviews i read before i went,I found the hotel clean , staff friendly,food ok could be warmer hard to cater for everyones needs.I found what we paid and what we got was value for money.Not suitable for people with disabilities as the hotel has alot of steps.Overall enjoyed our stay.Would go back.

1  Thank alan h
Blue Sea H, Manager at Blue Sea Los Fiscos, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Thanks for your nice review. We are very pleased to know that you wish to come back and we shall be looking forward to your return.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

We had a very relaxing stay here. The pool area was always clean and the staff were polite and friendly. Every night, entertainment was provided so you have the option of staying in the hotel of an evening. The hotel is situated a fairly short walk away from shops and bars but it's just far enough away to be peaceful and quiet. The food was excellent! We had a huge variety of choice every day. The rooms were basic and got a little chilly at night. They were cleaned every other day which suited us fine. Overall, a very pleasant stay and excellent value for money. I'd definitely go again!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Low Cost Holidays
1  Thank Jeanette4440

My team and I are very glad to know that your stay was pleasant, and we are looking forward to your return.

Many thanks for your contribution.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Was a little worried, before we came I had a good root through tripadvisor for this hotel. BUT I must say this exceeded our expections. Yes it has its downsides, the bedrooms were very cold, I wore more to bed than I wore out for an evening!! The whole hotel and the annex needs a bit/lot spending on it to make them look less tired. But other than that, what do you expect for a 3 star.
The food was varied and plentiful, with opening times for the restaurant more than ample for your needs.
The way they do not open the sunbeds till 10am is just right in my eyes, stops the 6 o'clock reserving of sunbeds. There are plenty of sunbeds to go around too.
Yes the drinks come in plastic cups, but come on, we just took it in turns to go to the bar, nothing more satisfying than watching the stacked used cups getting taller and taller.......;-)
The rooms were cleaned every two days. If you want your towels cleaned, put them in the bath as the sign requests. The whole Hotel was clean and tidy.
At the end of the day we were all inclusive, I never went hungry, thirsty or became ill. I sunbathed every day, almost got enough sleep (If only the room wasn't so damn cold.....more blankets please), got out and about to bars in the town and had a very good time. The Hotel is 3 star. Do not expect more and your expectaions will not be disapointed.

Room Tip: We were in the Hotel Europa annex, room 27 which is a lot quieter, but room 27 is just abouve a litt...
2  Thank Beth S

Dear clients,

Thanks for your remarks and feedback, and we are very glad to know that you spent a nice time at our complex.

Kindest regards.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

I booked our holidays just before Xmas and after reading the reviews on here was extremely nervous about what would greet us when we arrived . We arrived on Sunday Evening .... Yes the rooms are basic and in need of a facelift .. Nothing a trip to Dunelm Mill couldn't put right ... I asked for a double bed and a double bed I got ... The food is more than adequate and so far quite varied .... Breakfast is yummy ..... I don't know what the problem is with noise ... I don't hear anything .... Yes the bar serve drinks in little plastic cups ... The bar is situated on the pool .. Do you want your child to step on broken glass .... Stop whining ... Small drinks okay but you are not paying for them ..... San Miguel on tap not cheap beer. The view from the hotel is amazing ... The pool is very deep .. But there is a pool for the children ... People seem quite friendly, the 500 metre walk to the beach is not entirely true ... All inclusive would not include safe hire etc ... I would expect to pay extra to watch TV but end of the day I have come on holiday to enjoy Lanzarote not to sit in my room and watch TV there is so much on the Island to see ... This is my own opinion and I see people not looking so happy all I would say to them is if you want 5***** then pay for it ... The lastly the staff are really friendly and helpful .. The Monday night bingo and karaoke was a good laugh and the young man who was the compare was very funny .... My 1 complaint is that the bar shuts at 11.00 ... The management should take note ... Leave the bar open we are happy to pay for beer after the. ... But on the whole I would say 6/10

Room Tip: Room 300 looks like a cracking room
2  Thank Vannerblonde

Thanks for your rewarding review, which I appreciate very much. Concerning the closing time of the pool bar, your idea is very nice, but that would imply noise, which may disturb those who wish to sleep.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Puerto Del Carmen
#38 of 91 in Puerto Del Carmen
Apartamentos Barcarola Club
Apartamentos Barcarola Club
#8 of 91 in Puerto Del Carmen

Been to Blue Sea Los Fiscos? Share your experiences!