Blue Sea Los Fiscos
Apartamentos Barcarola Club(Puerto Del Carmen)
$129
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Gloria Izaro Club Hotel(Puerto Del Carmen)
$97
  • Restaurant
Aequora Lanzarote Suites(Puerto Del Carmen)
$115
$97
  • Pool
Seaside Los Jameos Playa(Puerto Del Carmen)
$181
$164
  • Breakfast included
Las Costas(Puerto Del Carmen)
$164
$159
  • Breakfast included
Montana Club(Puerto Del Carmen)
$94
$89
  • Pool
Apartamentos Panorama(Puerto Del Carmen)(Great Value!)
$66
$59
  • Restaurant
Club del Carmen by Diamond Resorts(Puerto Del Carmen)
$92
  • Pool
Hotel Lanzarote Village(Puerto Del Carmen)
$108
$105
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Floresta(Puerto Del Carmen)(Great Value!)
$88
$85
1,980 results
All reviewsafter reading some of the reviewsgreat holidaycold meatsplenty of choiceplenty of sunbedsbars and restaurantssea frontbobyquizzessangria
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Just returned from 2 weeks at Los Fiscos. It is at the top of a hill and a lot further than 900m as described however, I'm in my early 60s and enjoyed the walks as we spent all day on the beach as the snorkelling was great fun. We did use the pool on two occasions and found it clean apart from the occasional floating plastic cup blown about by the wind as guests could not be bothered to throw them away in the bins provided. I would say that unless you are a condifent swimmer the pool is not for relaxing. It is too deep to stand - you need to hold on to the side or tread water continually. The seating area by the bar was inadequate as there were not enough tables outside and the music was too noisy to sit inside on very uncomfortable chairs. Understand the need for plastic glasses around the pool but could have been better quality not disposable plastic cups. The only toilet facility apart from in your room was one toilet by the bar/pool area. The gent's urinal was covered and out of use for days. The food was very bland and mainly carbohydrates. Only one veg offered but always chips. We were all inclusive but because of the repetitive food choices we chose to eat out on several occasions. We also chose to go out for a drink or sit on our terrace rather than in the bar. The entertainment was almost non existent . A reptile show with two snakes, a lizard and a tortoise where you couldn't take photos but were charged 10 euros to have a picture taken. Mr Blue Sea and the eagles (bird show) did not show up. Paddy the entertainment rep was nowhere to be seen after the first few days - the entertainment stopped then. The rooms were ok although the floors were not swept and the towels were non absorbent. The staff were all very friendly and worked hard under testing conditions. Learn the odd word or two in Spanish and it goes far. Cesar Manrique, the stunning views, excellent beaches and diving are well worth visiting on this stunning island of Lanzarote but I wouldn't stay at Los Fiscos again if you paid me.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Alan F
Blue Sea H, Manager at Blue Sea Los Fiscos, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2013

Thanks sincerely for having conveyed your viewpoint about this hotel of Puerto del Carmen. All the aspects you have mentioned will be taken into account.

Kindest regards.

Lola Bueno,
Manager

Reviewed September 20, 2013

I honestly have no idea why so many people complain about this hotel. It is 3 stars at the end of the day and you get what you pay for. Just because you don't get pampered every 5 minutes doesn't constitute bad service and it does not claim to be something it is not. Me and my Mrs stayed here between the 7th and 14th September this year and had a great time. The pool is nice, the beer is more than drinkable, the food was varied and to be honest...very good! If you want to wander around the resort but aren't into a bit of walking then this may not be the place for you, but if you don't mind a bit of a walk and want cheap, clean accomodation with nice food and friendly staff, then you can't go wrong! The in-hotel entertainment isn't the best but if you don't like it, head on into town! Plenty going on in the resort day and night.

We would like to thank the management staff for our stay there.

Room Tip: We inadvertantly booked one of the luxury apartments, room 246 away from the pool area. Could not argue with the size and cleanliness!
2  Thank Chris_Caz1
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Just returned from an enjoyable week at the Blue Sea Los Fiscos. The room was clean and spacious and although the rooms were not supposed to be ready until 2p.m the reception staff did their best to get us in earlier as we arrived at 11.30a.m. It was situated near the pool area which was noisy at night, but there was an internal door that we could shut to block out the noise.
Anyone considering booking this hotel be warned there are numerous steps and a long walk to the beach and resort. The hotel states about 900 metres, but it is more like a mile and a half. We are in our mid fifties and reasonably fit, but met lots of people who struggled with the steep climb and steps.
We found the food to be excellent and varied. After reading so many negative reviews about the food we are not sure what people are after.
We feel that this hotel lacks another bar away from the pool area where you can relax and enjoy a drink in a glass rather than a plastic cup. We appreciate that there shouldn't be glasses around the pool for obvious safety reasons, but it would be a nicer experience in the evening if you could drink out of a proper glass.
We would like to thank chef and her team.

3  Thank grahamturner67
Reviewed September 18, 2013

After being to Lanzarote twice before , I was really looking forward to a weeks break. My partner had never been before, so I told him how great it was. The resort is, the hotel isn't.
Now back to the accomodation, where do I begin! The website shows such lovely photos of this place, which I can guarantee are really misleading.First impression was a huge tear on the door curtain as we entered. Then a kitchen hid behind some folding doors, with a 2 ring hob and a boarded up space where an oven used to be, no kettle or toaster or microwave for our self catering holiday. Stupidly we thought these would be standard essentials free of charge, but not here, you have to pay for them! The rooms were decorated in a bright yellow with such dark dreary wardrobes and doors, they really should be painted white to make the rooms look more welcoming. There was a stale smell in all the rooms especially the bedroom. We knew there was no air con so we hired a fan. Other reviews had mentioned the fans didn't work, I was optimistic to think they had a dodgy one! Wrong! Think they all don't work. Not bad for 15 e and deposit. We had to plug the fan in on the bathroom socket and it was stuck in doorway as it wouldn't
reach any further. There is a lack of sockets in the whole apartment. I've read on other reviews the comments from the manager that sheets are changed once a week, but that once is on the day you leave! How disgusting. The towels were like sand paper, you ended getting a body scrub every time you dried yourself, although they were changed 3 times while we were there. You had to put something on your feet as soon as you got out of the shower as there were so many bits on the floor where it hadn't been swept. One positive was the shower , it was great, but even that let us down on the last couple of days when it started going hot and cold all the time.
Not that I bother much with tv on holiday I was shocked when I switched it on and found again you had to pay! I also paid for wifi one night, but minimum was 3 hours for 3e. I was told I had to use it all in one go, I couldn't stop and start. I only wanted to check some emails and message my son, which would take me about 5 minutes. I didn't want to stay in reception so went back to room, where when I got there Internet didn't work. What a surprise! I'd seen plenty of people using phones and computers at their rooms with no problems.
To sum this hotel up I would have to say its a money grabbing place to stay, they charge you for every little thing, they don't give you any incentive to return. My partner actually asked if we would have to pay to put our cases in luggage room!! It is dirty and does not deserve a 3 * rating, which it says in the outside foyer. I have actually stayed in better 2* accomodation.
And before any one says you get what you pay for, I expect a basic standard of cleanliness whether its 1* or 5*. Yes it was a cheap holiday but that doesn't account for not changing sheets etc. I've since researched and found you can hire some fabulous private appts for less than what we paid at Los fiscos.
On a happy note, we had a fantastic time in Lanzarote, we had some great meals, energetic walks! Feel I could climb Mount Everest now after doing daily walk to and from beach up cardiac hill!! The harbour is beautiful, and I can't believe how many little places we kept finding. Will definitely come again but you couldn't pay me to stay at Los fiscos. I actually wanted to say good luck to a young couple who were checking in on our departure day.

6  Thank neesycoop01

Dear guests,

I am much obliged for your long review. I regret to know that your holiday was not what you expected; and yet I am pleased to inform you that we are changing the apartment paint colour to white.

Best regards.

Lola Bueno,Manager

Reviewed September 17, 2013

When we first arrived i did not think it was as bad as the reviews i had seen. However as the week went on i realised just how bad it was. Everywhere seemed clean, pool area, rooms etc but they were actually really grubby. There was a smell of sewage lingering in the air all the time and our room was stinking. Thank God we spent very little time in the room. Unfortunately we had to go to bed at some stage. Hired a fan for the heat, did not mind paying for it but it did not work properly at all. Towels in room were disgusting and no kettle to even make a cup of tea. I expected a lot better. It does not cost much to keep somewhere clean. I did not go all inclusive and was glad i didn't having sampled the breakfast. I saw no childrens activities being run in the 7 days i spent here. I can't comment on the staff as i had minimal dealings with them as we were out most days.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank emffb1

Thanks, dear clients, for your remarks and opinions. I have found the word "diabolical" quite bizarre to portrait a hotel. Every person has a different experience, and there are several ways to live a holiday.

Many thanks and best wishes.

Lola Bueno,