“i loved every minute of it!”

Blue Sea Los Fiscos
Ranked #79 of 91 Hotels in Puerto Del Carmen
Reviewed July 23, 2011

I loved it, it was a really good holiday.
Our room was really big as we had two bathrooms, two bedrooms, a kitchen and a pull out bed in the living room, but i think that was because we where a family of five as a couple my parents got in with had a really small room. We could not conplain about the cleaners as they did a really good job of the room.

The food was really nice, but it did get boring, but thats expected anyway. i have to say breakfast was my favioure meal of the day. dinner was nice, i had the soup once i think it was lovely. Tea was pretty much the same as dinner but with a different soup.

The drinks where in small plastic party cup type things, witch i think thats the only thing that i could complain about. Your only aloud to get two drinks from the bar per person each time you go up, but they dont really care about that rule unless theirs a big que.

The pool was big, and i couldnt touch the floor in the middle witch i thorght was good but my mum didnt like it. Its very cold when you first get in, but after that its great. I love it when its cold anyway because it cools you down.

It was very quiet throughout the day the day and at night on our first week, then it got fuller and fuller and fuller because of the school holidays. We conplained about the fact that they only had one member of staff behide the bar. But whon (the name of the bar man) was very kind. His brother Alex did work with him but he got fired because he burned his hand. Alex eas ace though.

Erik did the entertainment and he did it well. He never stops! He does archery or rifle shooting in the morning. table tennis or darts in the afternoon. then killer pool strate after darts or table tennis. Then we goes back to his room to freshen up, then he gets ready for bingo etc.. I've never met so busy. He was amazing at his job. Erik was just epic!

It is windy, but its also sunny and me, my sisters, mum and dad burnt on the first day. So put loads of suncream on! The wether is lovely, and the view of the montains and vocano in the morning is amazing!

Where hoping to go back in Novmember! I hope we do, because i love it!

Reviewed July 21, 2011

I stayed here for 2 weeks in July with my 4 teenage children and their friend on an all inclusive basis.
First the positives: Most of the staff were friendly, efficient, and spoke good English. The food was tasty, it was amazing what they could do with cheaper cuts of meat, and plenty of choice compared to other 3 star hotels, as being all inclusive, food is always a bit repetative! The swimming pool was large but deep and always plenty of sunbeds on the sun deck. The rooms were big and were well equipped (although no kettle). It was in a quiet area away from the hustle and bustle. Lovely walk to harbour (10 mins), where there are loads of nice fish/steak restaurants for when you get bored of the all inc, or are self-catering, and old town bars. Another 15 mins to main town and shops and pubs/clubs, and taxis are cheap as uphill on way back! The animation team or should I say 'Erik' was very entertaining and always managed to involve everyone who was willing to take part. It was amazing how imaginative he was with the limited resources/equipment he had to work with! The pool bar was the only bar open, but was open til 11pm which was fine for me as the young people would go off into town after that, but it lead me into a false sense of security! (see below)
The negatives: We arrived at midday, I soon realised that there was no gym/fitness room as stated on the website I booked it on. When i asked where the gym was i was told 'in town'. We were all starving by then, but the restaurant didn't open until one so we decided to go to the snackbar. The 'snackbar' was a see-through bread bin sat on the bar outside in the sun, containing half sandwiches wrapped loosely in cling film. The bread was warm, hard as a rock and contained sweaty ham/cheese. Needless to say we didn't eat them. There was a cooker/grill behind the bar which obviously hadn't been in use for a while as it had other obsolete equipment housed on it. We went to the rooms, one was fine, but the other smelled of mould, which I was unaware of at first as the eldest children had taken this room! I also noticed there was no air-con, which is why I booked this hotel, because this one was stated to have air-con on the booking website. We left the doors and windows open, but it did not seem to make much difference. Our rooms were situated under the swimming pool area which was very noisy, it echoed loudly when people walked or moved the sunbeds, and especially when people jumped into the pool. This was fine in the day, but after the young ones came back from the night clubs they were partying and throwing each other in the pool until approx 4am. Several calls to reception were useless, as the girl on reception was the only member of staff on site at night! One night we were woken by drunken young lads that were staying in the rooms either side of us us, one had lost his key, they were hammering each others doors down, shouting, arguing, threatening each other, then the rest came back, and they carried it on until 5.30am. The receptionist was on her own and all she could do is telephone their room, I complained three times until i threatened to call the police. My children and I were scared and felt vulnerable. Nothing was said or done by the hotel staff, so I confronted the young men in the morning myself and the problem was resolved. Even in a three star property I expected some level of security at night.
With no boundaries this kind of behaviour continued on and off for the whole time we were there. I asked to change rooms but were told they were full, and to ask tomorrow. My children decided they didn't want to move as it was too much of an upheaval having to pack and unpack again. So we stayed put. We all regretted our decision. The food in the restaurant was good, but the choice of drinks was limited to unpalatable wine, which everyone tasted once and left, warm water, or strange tasting fruit juice. Coffee and tea were available only at breakfast if the machine was working, which it very often was not, and at the pool bar in a plastic cup, if that machine worked. At one point the coffee machine was broken from Thursday til Tuesday because we were told mechanics don't work at weekends! The pool and pool bar were still being cleaned, and set up at 10.30am. It stated these were open at 10, and people were queuing up in the morning to use them. The poor waiters/bar staff worked long hours, and were very often on their own, which made the usually cheerful friendly ones quite grouchy, adding to this problem was the size of the cups the drinks were dispensed into, they were very small, especially if you were drinking beer, which meant many trips to the bar. I agreed with the two drinks each policy, but some people took advantage by pushing it and it was awkward for the staff. The swimming pool was also a problem for the less able swimmers, many not using it because it was deep throughout. There was a small childrens area within the main pool, but you would have to stay with them as it was easy to climb over to the deep part.
In conclusion: It was a good value hotel, what you would expect from a 3 star. The food was nice, but only available at certain times. Be prepared to buy your own snacks and tea/coffee for your room even if all inclusive, hot black coffee doesn't bode well in a plastic cup! More suited to teenagers/young adults, as chaotic in early hours due to no security! Having a room on the higher floor away from the pool area would maybe resolve some of this? A choice of cup size would cut queue sizes at bar, and have proper snacks or stop calling it a snackbar! Don't take your gym kit!

Room Tip: request a high room on booking preferably not near pool
1  Thank michellemarypoppins
Reviewed July 16, 2011

The food was ok and it was very noisy at night with people jump into the pool with steel chairs and tables at one in the morning

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank cfc22
Reviewed July 15, 2011

Yes, you do get what you pay for. We had clean rooms, friendly staff and basic but well cooked foods.Our only real let down wa the limited vegetarian option but we accept that's probably culltural. A couple of evening meals at the SUPERB Blooming Cactus vegetarian restaurant a perfect antidote! Pool area smashing with plenty of sunbeds. A good base for exploring this beautiful island.

3  Thank dragoneyre
Reviewed July 14, 2011

My husband and i came to stay here from the 30th until the 4th of july. We only booked 3 weeks before and i did it in a hurry. I got very upset reading the reveiws after i booked and was dreading getting there up until the transfer...

I cant believe i was worried. We stayed all inclusive in room 218. The sea veiw we had was stunning and had a kitchen, living room and may of been dated decor but that makes a holiday surely! The staff were very pleasent and the food was 'all inclusive food'. We did eat out, not because of the hotel food, but because we wasnt staying long and wanted to see more of the town. If you have children do not book here. I have four daughters and if i had taken them here i possibly would of booked another accomodation. It IS VERY hilley... i felt so bad for people with pushchairs...

Hope this helped. Will put lots of pics on soon.

Room Tip: sea view!! not pool!!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank OxfordFamilyoffive
Reviewed July 10, 2011

hotel was very noisy at night. our bedroom was beside the pool. this was where the only bar was. people stacked there drinks up and then partied into the night.making sleep impossible. complained to management, nothing done. there was no no security in the hotel. in general the staff were ok. eric run all entertainments all day, worked very hard.food was ok, but no variety.the hotel was in avery hilly area.

Room Tip: dont pay extras for your room. dont have one near pool
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
5  Thank stephanie64
Reviewed July 9, 2011

Me and my partner came back from Lanzarote last week. We spent 1 week at Hotel Los Fiscos and absolutely loved it! We had room nr 219 with a private balcony overlooking the ocean which we thought was probably one of the nicest in the hotel.. The room was clean, very cozy and quite modern. Even though we were on all inclisive basis, there was a kitchen with a fridge and freezer which came really handy for storing drinks.
The food was fine, but really nothing special..a bit repeatative. There was entertainment in the hotel every night - quizes, bingo, reptile show etc which was good fun! The swimming pool area and the pool itself were great with lots of sunbeds around.
The hotel is indeed situated on a hill and is quite far from the main strip and beach, so might be a bit of a struggle to get to and from for some. However if you leave the hotel and keep walking straight down, there is another beach - quite small, but very nice. We didnt think it was very touristy though as everyone there seemed to be Spanish..
All in all, we had a fantastic holiday - the island is extremely beautiful with lots of things to do, the hotel was very very pleasant with very helpful and friendly staff and we would definitely go back there (if we could get the same room again! :))))

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
#38 of 91 in Puerto Del Carmen
Terrazas
Terrazas
#82 of 91 in Puerto Del Carmen

Been to Blue Sea Los Fiscos? Share your experiences!