Stayed here for a week with the family. Excellent location, right on the beach. Initially struck by the bizzare decor of the hotel. The appartment was on the ground floor and was basic. It seemed clean but we were soon joined by two large cockroaches in the primitive kitchen. The chairs and beds were remarkably uncomfortable. The pool area was clean but the pool was not heated and therefore was unusable. When I asked at the front desk they insisted it was heated, but I can actually tell when water is cold!
I checked in the Fariones hotel and the pool there was heated. I note from other reviews that the airconditioning does not exist. We did not need it but I am not surprised.
In summary, this hotel was good thirty years ago but desperately needs an update. I am suspicious of the many reviews saying this is the finest hotel they have ever stayed in. Only if you are still living in the 1970's!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Apartments Fariones are 200 metres from the “Playa Grande” in Puerto del Carmen, the tourist area par excellence. The 138 apartments, which are fully equipped for maximum comfort, are surrounded by pleasant gardens. Employees provide a warm, personal service and they aim to make guests feel welcome in surroundings which respect the environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Apartamentos Fariones reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apartamentos Fariones Hotel Puerto Del Carmen
- Apartamentos Fariones Puerto Del Carmen
- Apartamentos Fariones Lanzarote/Puerto Del Carmen