On September 18th, 2013 we booked through Booking.com a one bedroom holiday apartment for three nights as of October 8th. We arrived at the due date to the hotel early in the afternoon, and went to reception for check-in.
We were astonished to hear from the clerk that there were no rooms available. They argued that they had problems with the computer, accordingly they had booked us in another hotel "without any additional cost". We were told that they had sent us an e-mail message to advise us of the situation, but this mail was sent the same day while we were flying into Lanzarote, at 10:26. No offer was made to take us to the other hotel, nor did they apologize.
We refused point blank to accept their "kind" offer as we had made the reservation following Tripadvisor's recommendations and since we thought it was the best place for us.
Once they understood we were not willing to leave, they miraculously found us an apartment, with the following "qualities":
1. A bedroom with a door which could not be completely opened to a 60% angle, since the corner of the bed prevented it. The person sleeping on the other side of the bed had to close the door in order to sneak in and out.
2. Barely 40 cms. passage between the bed and the wall, so that every time we walked by the bed, we got scratched by the wall.
3. A window which could not be opened for air, since it was on the corridor, leading to several rooms and everybody could look in since it was some 90cm. above the floor.
4. Raveled towels in the bathroom.
5. Very economic light bulbs: they were not enough to enable reading a book. We asked for and were given a desk lamp, but had nowhere to connect it.
6. The kitchen's neon was on and off, and did not function at all the last day of our stay.
7. We asked for a toaster but could not have one.
8. Furniture was old and used, it was difficult to open drawers and doors.
9. The "view" from the balcony: a stone wall and the back of another building.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Apartments Fariones are 200 metres from the “Playa Grande” in Puerto del Carmen, the tourist area par excellence. The 138 apartments, which are fully equipped for maximum comfort, are surrounded by pleasant gardens. Employees provide a warm, personal service and they aim to make guests feel welcome in surroundings which respect the environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Evoline ltd so you can book your Apartamentos Fariones reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apartamentos Fariones Hotel Puerto Del Carmen
- Apartamentos Fariones Puerto Del Carmen
- Apartamentos Fariones Lanzarote/Puerto Del Carmen