“Dark & Dingy”

Ranked #74 of 91 Hotels in Puerto Del Carmen
Dublin, Ireland
“Dark & Dingy”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Stayed her in early Jan 2014 in no 132. Never accept this if offered. I was on my own so I didnt complain, as was only there for 4 nights. My Apt was a dark and dingy place with no front enterance and a only had a rear gated access with a view of 2 walls.
Never again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Low Cost Holidays

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

Did not book to stay here but if any blue sea hotel is full they will still take your booking then move you to any other of their hotels. We booked to stay in the europa apartments in the old town to be close to friends but on arrival we were told that there was a problem with flooding in some rooms. This seems to be the excuse that is used when overbooked.asked constantly to move back to our original location but there was always some reason that prevented us from doing so.gave up in the end and just made the most of it.will never book blue sea ever again.

Stayed January 2014
2 Thank Bernadette D

Travelers are raving about these Puerto Del Carmen hotels

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 19, 2014

My husband and I arrived on the afternoon of Dec 22nd. Receptionist took our passport details, we completed the regristration form then we were told there was a problem with the water in one of the blocks. We were then told we were to be moved to another hotel. I asked for how long thinking 1 or two nights only to be told it was for the full holiday. In addition to this we were told it was in Costa Teguise , a resort we didn't want to go to. We objected a were told there was no other option and we would be upgraded to A .I we were booked S.C. . We were also told the hotel was expecting us and she would phone us a taxi. We felt we had no option but to go . When the taxi arrived I had to ask the driver to go inside and get confirmation that hotel would pay for the journey. The hotel in Costa Teguise was not what we had planned for. To us location is important and had choosen Kontiki because of its central location in Del Carmen. The hotel we were transferred to was a 15 min walk into the centre and occupied by mainly older clients . We have stayed a few times in Lanzarote and always stay in Del Carmen Costa Teguise's not for us. We had also hired a car which we had to phone and rearrange delivery to new location as well as changing our airport tranfers oing back to the airport.

Room Tip: PPhone ahead and confirm there is a room avaliable!
Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Nottingham
Reviewed January 17, 2014

me and my girlfriend stayed heer at xmas for 5 nights (on arrival we werew moved to a hotel about 2 miles away as they said they had water problems) we think it was probably overbooked due to it being xmas !! ,we'de stayed here the year before and thought it was a nice clean hotel with a nice pool and great location 2 minutes of the main strip. while we didn't get a pool view for the second year running, the room was nice,a big tv and our stay was ok (apart from the move).

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Phil747
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Good points and not so good points. We were allocated this room in the full knowledge that there some other rooms had been upgraded. It was towards the bottom of the hill, which suited us for the first week (week before Christmas) as my mum was staying in the adjacent room, and the hill is pretty steep! The room was a bit tired looking and we had to get the handyman out a couple of times. The first was in respect of the French double doors, which weren't secure due to a missing latch at the top, and the second in respect of a missing bedroom light. This was remedied however straightaway. I didn't really have any problems the first week and I must say that the apartment was much bigger than expected. I didn't expect two bedrooms, which was a bonus. I asked if we could relocate to a more updated apartment for the second week (as my mum had gone by then) but the place was full. The second week was a lot noiser due to the combination of holidaymakers coming for Christmas and passing partygoers. I ditto what the preceding review says about the noise coming from the bottlebank being emptied. This too woke me up on a daily basis and people occupying the room immediately above mustn't have gone to bed the right side of 4.00 am as furniture was being moved about and keeping me awake. I didn't really have any problems the first week. That said, I appreciate that it WAS Christmas and this noise it beyond the control of management.

I did find the receptionists helpful and the rest of the staff pleasant. I particularly liked the bloke in the Pool Bar who didn't really speak a word of English, but we did get by!

The location is brilliant - right in the thick of things. If I could make a recommendation, ask for one of the upgraded rooms. That said, the apartment itself was big and clean enough.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the upgraded rooms.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Blue Sea H, Guest Relations Manager at Apartamentos Kontiki Club, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear clients,

We appreciate your feedback and opinions, and we thank you for having visited our complex.

Our best wishes.

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I really wish i had taken notice of the bad reviews before i booked. My partner & myself stayed for xmas and new year. The room was at the bottom of the hill. It had no view whatsoever. We had 2 plug sockets which worked. You have to pay to hire a kettle and a toaster. The 2 ring cooker was useless. It took over a hour for a pan of water to get warm, never got to the boil. We decided to pay for the TV, it eventually got put on for the last 3 days of our holiday!! On the 6th day of our holiday, i had to ask for clean towels. The cleaners came in on the 7th day. That was the only time in the 11 days we were there that the beds were changed and made. The towels were changed twice in this time. The receptionists, could not give a damn, they just make conversation in Spanish to the other employees, while we are stood waiting. Our telephone in the room didn't work, so we couldn't contact reception. I have never complained about a hotel before, but please take heed of this review and choose a different hotel. I have been to Lanzarote 9 times and this is the worst hotel i have ever stayed in.
I can honestly say i will not be returning to THIS HOTEL. Every morning at around 5am, we had the garbage collectors emptying the bins just outside our room, the noise woke us every day. I had asked for a room with a nice view!! ROOM 154 avoid it at all cost.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Julie Y
Blue Sea H, Guest Relations Manager at Apartamentos Kontiki Club, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Many thanks, dear clients, for your review, and we take this opportunity to inform you that the rooms are serviced every two days, and the towels are changed every time you need it.

We appreciate your visit to this complex of Puerto del Carmen, and we send you our best regards.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed January 6, 2014

This was our second time staying here. We came back because of the beautiful terrace with a magnificent view of the sea & we were not disappointed with it either this time. That said, this time our apartment was one of the worst we ever stayed in. The smell in the bedroom was horrendous & the ceilings in the bathroom & bedroom were constantly flaking from the damp or whatever mould was growing on them. When we asked to be moved we met with a blank wall. We were told the complex was full & they had no spare rooms but would send a maintenance man to look at it!! Someone obviously did come as the flakes were all swept away ( only to reappear again by the next day! )
These apartments badly need to be renovated & brought up to date. They are badly fitted out with very little delph, glasses etc. You must pay extra if you want a kettle, toaster, safe, tv, or even wifi . A hairdryer was provided but didn't work & neither did most of the lights !! The apartment was cleaned twice in the week we spent there but it never felt, looked or smelt clean. We got no satisfaction from the staff who were unfriendly, unhelpful & unsympathetic.
As mentioned above, the big plus in this complex is the terrace with the sea view. The location within the resort is also very good . The poolside bar is handy for drinks & its staff are very friendly though the food is not great. The pool itself is quite nice but seldom used by anybody due to the freezing water! This complex has so much potential - what a pity it's been allowed to get so run down.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank silkroad-2
Dear clients,

We take note of your remarks, and you can rest assured that we shall check that room thoroughly.

Thanks for your review and kindest regards.