We were a little disappointed when we got here, but that's just because it has such great reviews on tripadvisor - so we didn't take in that it actually is a three star hotel. When we realised this we ended up being satisfied. The most important thing is: It was clean, had everything we needed, wasn't far away from the beach/main street, and had a supermarket just over the road.
The sunbeds both in the balcony and at the pool was good. There wasn't any problem getting sunbeds by the pool, since it wasn't allowed to "reserve" - yet there was someone that did this anyway.
The beach is also really close, so you can go there as well. We didn't, so I can't say so much about that.
As said, there was a supermarket beside the hotel, and there was two more not that far away (less than 5 min walking).
There are plenty souvernir-shops, so I suggest you go around and look at what you want before you shop, because you can save a money by doing that. Remember to bargain!
We recommend the Tequise Market on sundays, we went with Last Minute travels both sundays we were there. Was so lucky that one of the times the lady who talked in front of the bus gave us some history about the island. Remember to bargain hard when you're at the market!
There are more markeds on the Island, you can get more information about them at the Information at the beach. We went one time to Playa Blanca. It was okay, but Tequise was much larger.
Information about anything:
There is a official information station just by the beach when you walk down the road from Parque Tropical, to the left and on the beach-side of the road. You can't miss it. They will give you almost any information you need, bus-information and such, and they have great maps you can get. Doesn't cost you anything since its official.
More about the apartment:
It had anything you needed to make breakfast, and even dinner if you want to. So if you're on a budget vacation it's really good. We enjoyed it much. Can eat breakfast on the balcony also. The bedroom had to separate beds, we didn't notice that in the description about the hotel until we got there and had to check.
The showers had good pressure (some hotels have bad showers, this one didn't, I think it's good to know that you can wash off soap and such), so that was also good. Was a little bit cold-warm-cold-warm sometimes, but not too bad.
Also, just for your information: There are some flyers laying around with travels that are pretty cheap (Scandiavian travels, atlanta travels). They are good when you are on a budget, but be informed that you have to listen to a presentation about wool. Ofcourse there is something fishy when it's so cheap, but then again: if you are on a budget vacation it wont hurt to listen to something for an hour or three to get some of the journeys pretty cheap.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Parque Tropical is a small complex of 80 apartments in the heart of Puerto del Carmen. It is used mainly by couples and families, who want to be in the centre of things but at the same time relax in the calm atmosphere of this friendly and clean establishment which was totally refurbished in May 2007.All apartments have pool, sea or garden view from terrace or balcony. Two ecofriendly pools , reception 24 hours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Apartments Parque Tropical reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apartments Parque Tropical Hotel Puerto Del Carmen
- Apartments Parque Tropical Lanzarote/Puerto Del Carmen