“Good value, a bit dated but clean”

Apartments Parque Tropical
Ranked #31 of 91 Hotels in Puerto Del Carmen
“Good value, a bit dated but clean”
Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed in this complex on 2 seperate occasions for 2 weeks
Each time. It's fastidiously clean, I don't really hang around the pool
Though, as its wedged with kids and families. If you get a ground floor apartment, you'll hear them all day. The complex is facing a good supermarket. But up a hill. It's only 5 minutes walk to the beech. It's also located fairly central to the decent restaurants. The kitchens were well equipped. The only bad thing is that its a bit dated with no air conditioning
The staff were helpful and friendly.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank Betdownbiddy

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Finnish first
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Just back from these apartments. Ideal location just off main strip and near all restaurants, bars and shops. Lovely pool area with lots of sun loungers and parasols. Can't comment on restaurant as we didn't eat here. Although the pool bar was quite expensive for drinks and ice cream but seemed reasonable for food and snacks. €2.50 for an ice pop. Supermarket right across the road under spinnakers pub which has great food and entertainment. Apartments were cleaned 5 days a week and towels replaced. Only downfall was no air conditioning and temps were really high when we were there and ceiling fans didn't seem to make a difference. Staff always very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Rooms on the street I've heard are renovated and much nicer although I couldn't fault ours a...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank theetessa
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 11, 2013

On my second trip to Lanzarote in 6 months I decided to pay a bit more for my hotel than previously. I was more than happy with my choice and have no complaints whatsoever. Although both hotels were very similar the apartment at the Parque Tropical was much larger and the selection of cutlery and appliances supplied was far superior. Flat TV (deposit required for remote), microwave, kettle etc all working fine. I was very impressed with the standard of cleaning of the apartment and found all the staff to be friendly when spoken too. I didn't use the pool area but it looked more than suitable for all and was always clean no matter what time of the day. Location was good and although close to the sea front and clubs/bars was nice and quiet. I liked the Irish Bar on top of the shop opposite for a quiet beer during the day (was lively at night) and Spenders bar next door for the football. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank Adrian377
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Having stayed in Puerto del Carmen 10+ times I know what to expect from accomodation. They're all basic, but these are probably the best I've stayed in. Stayed here 3 times. I believe they have renovated some rooms as the bathroom in the last apartment I stayed in would rival that of a 4/5 star hotel. Had a huge walk in shower. This was one of the appts that had a street entrance, much better.
Around the pool area its very cramp. Sunbeds and children everywhere. Its a bit of a nightmare trying to squeeze past when your heading to/from reception with your suitcase :(
This complex is in an excellent location, just a few mins walk down the (very steep) hill and your at the beach. There's supermarkets across the road and at the bottom of the hill.
I have stopped staying at these appts because they've gotten too dear. Yes they've been my favourite appts but I can get much similar for much cheaper.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank Lorna2701
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Have stayed in these apartments twice and cant fault them. Lovely spacious apartments, no air con but the ceiling fans keep the rooms cool. You will have to go down for 8am to get a sunbed but are very comfortable and are well located around the pool area. The food and drink in the pool bar is excellent and good value. There is a large supermarket & irish bar across the road and the strip is a 2 min walk away, airport is 10mins drive. Excellent value for money, have stayed here twice and will stay again when I come back to Lanzarote.

Room Tip: pool view, room not facing the road
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank JasonLambert
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Just stayed here July 2013. Very happy with the apartments. All the staff very friendly. Special thanks to Rachel & other staff at the poolbar for looking after us. Short walk from the strip, supermarket across the road.Nothing bad to say. Highly recommend these apartments. Stayed in first floor apartment beside pool. Balcony was a sun trap in the evening. Apartment A27.
Thanks to Peter for the spare key.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Kettering, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We travelled as a couple for 12 nights in July.

Parque Tropical is situated about 200 metres back from the seafront 'strip' where most of the bars and restaurants (mainly Irish) are situated. Check in was smooth but I was surprised to find that the directions to our room took us out into the street again as several of the rooms can only be accessed from outside the complex whcih I found unusual. This caused a little inconvenience because if I needed to get anything from the apartment whilst sat around the pool I had to get dressed (I'm not the kind of person to walk around the streets in a cozzie). The proximity to the road also created my biggest problem with our stay. You see, the roads of Puerto Del Carmen are spotless as they are cleaned every night by those big, very noisy vacuum machines with the brushes on the corners and our room was directly opposite the council depot these operated out of. Therefore these were waking me up several times a night with their noise and orange flashing lights. It was awful, but luckily I could snooze by the pool during the day.

The apartments and grounds are spotless and the maid came in 5 times a week to empty the bins, sweep the floors and clean the bathroom. The apartment was spacious and well equipped although the coffee maker spewed the coffee all over the counter instead of in the pot so we had to use it with the lid open. There were ceiling fans rather than air con, but this proved to be adequate despite the outside temperature hitting 30. The freezer was invaluable and very efficient but I can't comment on the hob as I didn't use it. We had requested a sunny balcony and certainly got it - it was a lovely sun trap in the afternoons.

The pool area was immaculate and it was nice having the childrens and adults poll on different levels. We had no problem getting sunbeds in the first week as there was no reserving of them, but this changed dramatically in the second week unforunately. Although there are notices everywhere saying that it was forbidden (along with a long list of other things), as usual it was not enforced. Nico's pool bar was well used when it was actually open which is supposed to be (I think) 10:00 to 17:30, closed on Sundays. However, on some days it didn't open until lunchtime and on the Saturday didn't bother at all. We had an evening meal at Nico's restaurant which is part of the complex and it was superb - probably one of the best steaks I've ever had.

I was taken aback by the size of Puerto Del Carmen. I was expecting the strip to be a few hundred metres long, but it was vast - at a guess at least 2 miles. However, apart from the beach there is very little to do there apart from eat and drink. In the old town there is a small modern shopping centre should you feel the need to go shopping. There is a regular cheap bus service along the coast so we had a couple of days out to Arrecife and Teguise and the Gokarting at San Bartolome was fantastic fun.

Overall, we enjoyed our holiday, but it's unlikely that we'll go back there.

Room Tip: Don't take any of the rooms by the road as they are opposite a council depot where road cleaning...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple