Stayed 7th-14 April 2013
Good clean apartments and centrally located, which are just a short walk from “The Strip” (about 300 metres). The apartment we had was an upper level overlooking the pool (No42a), nice and quiet!
Reception staff were very helpful, even called the transfer company to book our return, thanks!
In fact all the staff were good to us :-)
Pool was good and kept very clean, although there’s plenty of sunbeds, there are still people who get up at 0630 in the morning and put their towels on the sun beds to book them, why??? There’s no need to!
We didn’t eat in the restaurant, so I couldn’t really comment on the food, but when we looked in there were a few people in for meals and it looked quite nice,
We had a snack twice at the pool bar for lunch and it’s only about 2 euros for a beer.
Although it said on the information that the apartments are cleaned 5 times a week, ours was cleaned every day :-)
Bit disappointed about there being no sunbeds or parasols on the beach, they were removed just before the Easter holidays, I believe this is due to a dispute with the operators and the local authority, so we went up to Costa Teguise for a day, plenty of sunbeds here.
Information from receptionist told us to go 5 mins up the hill, and on the left you can get a bus into Costa Teguise every 20 mins and it drops you off a very short walk from the beach, takes about 40 min and was less than 4 euro for both of us.
Enjoyed our relaxing week at the Parque Tropical and would use it again if back in PDC
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Parque Tropical is a small complex of 80 apartments in the heart of Puerto del Carmen. It is used mainly by couples and families, who want to be in the centre of things but at the same time relax in the calm atmosphere of this friendly and clean establishment which was totally refurbished in May 2007.All apartments have pool, sea or garden view from terrace or balcony. Two ecofriendly pools , reception 24 hours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Apartments Parque Tropical reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apartments Parque Tropical Hotel Puerto Del Carmen
- Apartments Parque Tropical Lanzarote/Puerto Del Carmen