This was a last minute holiday my boyfriend and I went on in August 2012. I love Lanzarote, have been there loads of times but first time staying in Parque Tropical.
On arrival the receptionist was not overly welcoming or friendly which i find a bit disheartening it doesnt take much for a smile or a nice Hello.
On the walk to our apartment I was not overly keen on the place, the pool area was packed, there was a green like carpet which got extremly went throughout the day. Our apartment was in the corner which got sun in the evening which was nice as we liked that. Apartments clean and tidy.
Again an issue with sunbeds in morning, on the wake up of our first morning I woke early after going to bed early the previous night on arrival, there was a queue to get the beds, there was a party of about 15 who took beds and some for small kids or people who we noticed were not there some days. Anyway we decided we werent going to queue for beds so decided to go beach the odd day and walk round the town stopping here and there which we enjoyed.
Th bar was maintained by a lovely friendly man, who was very chatty and welcoming, we liked a drink there in the evenings on return after our day out where we meet some other lovely Irish people nice enough to actually let us use their apartment on the last day for a shower as we had a late flight.
We ate in the restaurant beside Parque Tropical one night after my BF was chatting to the man at the pool bar who arranged for the chef to make us a lovely paella dish, it was delicious and would recommend.
There is a hill walk up to these apartments but ok when taking your time sure your on hols there is no rush but maybe for older people or people with walking difficulties not ideal.
We also went diving with Manta Diving really recommend that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Parque Tropical is a small complex of 80 apartments in the heart of Puerto del Carmen. It is used mainly by couples and families, who want to be in the centre of things but at the same time relax in the calm atmosphere of this friendly and clean establishment which was totally refurbished in May 2007.All apartments have pool, sea or garden view from terrace or balcony. Two ecofriendly pools , reception 24 hours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Apartments Parque Tropical reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apartments Parque Tropical Hotel Puerto Del Carmen
- Apartments Parque Tropical Lanzarote/Puerto Del Carmen