“Was good enough!”

LABRANDA Playa Club
Ranked #24 of 91 Hotels in Puerto Del Carmen
Reviewed July 12, 2011

When we arrived the place was clean and tidy, although there was no air con!
You can hire a fan for 17 euros, which lets face it you could buy one for a little more.
We seemed to have new cockroaches on a daily basis (our group had three apartments and all suffered the same). We have been to lanzarote 4 times and never saw a cockroach in any of our other accomodation, never mind on a daily basis.
The complex is very clean so i've no idea where they come from.

The Pool was a good size and the childrens pool very good for toddlers. Cleaned daily.
Pool bar was ok.
The location really is top notch, right on the strip and no big hills to climb unlike lots of places in puerto del carmen.
Overall a good enough place for the price, don't think i'd go back though.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Showboater

Reviewed July 8, 2011

I went to playa club apartment for two weeks 23rd June-7th July with my boyfriend.
Initially when we arrived I noticed how great the location was, on google maps it shows the apartments are up a hill, but infact it is right at the bottom of the hill, facing the casino, so a very good location. I had requested a pool view and we got one on the 2nd floor, the room was a 1 bedroom apartment, very spacious, clean and tidy, the only thing is you have to rent a Fan as it is very warm. A fan cost us 34 euros for 2 weeks (needed it). As the weather is amazing. From reading past comments we had concerns about the cats, but they are lovely, and do not come anywhere near you and there was only like 3. The one downside of the hotel to me was the poolside bar, it could do with being knocked down and re-built, it is very well used, the prices are great and the food is good, but the bar itself is not the best looking, I am sure it was in it's day. The staff on reception where lovely very helpful and spoke great English. When we arrived we rented a safety deposit box and we also paid for wi-fi. The apartments in general where very good and yes we would definitely go back, I enjoyed my stay here and will hopefully go back in the near future. I

Room Tip: Request a pool view!! Very nice, and also I think the rooms are better. Check out is at 12 but you c...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2011

When we arrived at the reception we wondered what sort of place this was, the front of the hotel leaves a lot to be desired, though I dont think this is the hotel's fault - the reception entrance nestles between other run down properties. Our room was spacious and did have the requested pool view, but at a distance! The hotel appears to be quite old - there were a few visible cracks in the walls, following the lines of the blocks behind the plaster, and the electrics are old - our travel adaptors didnt go right into the old sockets, leaving slightly exposed pins (not good for kids). The cleaning was fantastic, and the groundskeeping was also very good. The hotel staff do remove towels from sunbeds and leave them in a pile near the pool! So beware! The pool bar leaves a lot to be desired, but the service was ok and the food (supplied by the restaurant next door) was good. This area of the hotel needs a major overhaul! There was no air con, but we knew this before we went. The room we had backed onto the road, so leaving the windows open could mean disturbed sleep. The windows had secure louvre panels on the outside, so the windows could be left open 24/7. The pool was lined, not tiled, so it could feel a little odd underfoot where the liner had creased! Overall, a nice quiet hotel, perfect for anyone who wants to get out and about - there is nothing in the way of entertainment within the hotel. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 25, 2011

Just back from Playa club here are my good and bad (mostly good!) comments. Great Location, just right on the strip. Plently of restaurants around. Apartments are very clean and are cleaned on a regular basis. The one downside is the Pool Bar, its quite basic and the food is only alright. I have just returned and there was a heat wave, the apartments don't have air con so this was a problem especialy at night. I was ok as we were in a room with new windows and shutters on windows so we could leave the windows open but shutters closed at night and some air got and the room was not boiling. however my sister was in an "old" room with wooden windows and no shutters and the heat was absolutely stiffling. So I think air con should be installed. She did enquire about a fan, yes you could rent for €17 a day which I thought was very expensive over a 2 week period. Some people complain about the cats, yes there are cats but they are just walking around and if you dont feed they aren't a problem. I didn't see many Cockroaches only on a day when we had bad thunder and lightening but they are scarry! Overall a great holiday and I will def be back!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank MurHanafin
Reviewed May 28, 2011

Just back from a lovely 2 weeks at these apartments and have no complaints, lovely room, great service and a top location right in the middle of things on the strip.

All the staff very friendly, especially Victor on reception who was a great help.

We will return :-)

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank CrocIreland
Reviewed May 21, 2011

We stayed at Playa Club for one week, we had upgraded to the premium room which was not issued to us when we checked in, after a short delay the problem was sorted, personally I think the problem was through the booking company, not the hotel (Thomas Cook). The apartment was better than my expectations and we were both delighted with the accomodation, very clean and maid service every day (except sunday). Everything you needed was there but utensils were basic ie, 3 knives, 3 forks, 3 plates etc. which was not an issue, you just had to keep on top of the washing up !
Pool area was good, nice and clean but the pool was freezing !
Excellent location, right in the middle of the strip but away from any bars so we did not hear a thing at night.
Included in the upgrade was one free entry to the spa, very clean and relaxing, worth a visit as was not expensive even if you had to pay.
Free WiFi included when you get the premium rooms - no issues and handy to have if you have a internet enabled phone or were taking a laptop.
Dont forget to aske reception for the tv remote and safe key, small refundable depsit required for both and safe was 1.50 euro per day.
Bar service very friendly although he did question me about taking my beer up to my room - he was just worried that I was stealing the glass, after I brought it back the first time it was never mentioned again.
Could not comment on the food as did not eat in the bar but from what I saw it looked good for the price.
We only saw 3 cats during the whole holiday and not a single cockroach in the complex.
If we were going back to Lanzerote we would definately stay in the playa club again.

Room Tip: upgrade - its worh it for the quality of room.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Brad998
Reviewed May 20, 2011

Stayed in these apartments back in May with my best friend and my daughter who is 24... Absolutely loved them.. they were clean and spotless and maids came a few times during the week to change our bed linen & towels.. and gave it a general clean... the location is ideal... everywhere was within walking distance... loved it so much myself and my daughter are going back in June....... So looking forward to it...

Room Tip: try and get a room near the pool...
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends