I am writing this whilst currently sitting on our balcony at the apartments, overlooking the sea. All the previous reviews praising these apartments are well justified. On arrival, on a Sunday evening, we found a burst water pipe had caused minor flooding to the apartment, a quick phone call and within 30 minutes or so, staff had attended and we were moved to a new apartment, now that is what I call service.
The apartments are situated about a 5 -10 minute stroll from the shopping centre where there are a number of bars, restaurants and two supermarkets to chose from, a slight uphill stroll on the way back, but not too exhausting at all.
Matagorda is a quiet area, with just the resaurants and bars at the shopping centre, if you are looking for nightlife, that is in Puerto del Carmen itself, which is about a 30 minute walk away or a taxi at around 4/5 euro.
Everything you need in the apartments, which are kept spotlessly clean, as is all the complex, plenty of sunbeds by the pool and no-one reserving them. Digital TV included with lots of channels which you can change to English language, what a bonus.
A nice snack bar overlooking the pool area which does a very good large breakfast at 4euro, only slightly more expensive than in the shopping centre, but no walking, we have not tried the snacks yet, but not expensive either, large beer 2.5 euro, cheaper than the restaurants.
The beds as mentioned previously are on the hard side, but we found them to be fine and extra pillows and blankets if you get chilly.
Free wi-fi, a bit hit and miss at times, but as I write they have had a man in to try and sort it out, obviously not too bad as I managed to write this from there.
All staff are extremely friendly and can not do enough for you, we have stayed in a number of other apartments in the area and I can honestly say for location and quality this is one of the best. We will certainly book here for our next visit if available and would certainly recommend to friends and family.
Taxi from airport was 12.5 euro
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 31 Self-catering apartments: 29 one-bedroom apartments and 2 two-bedroom apartments. Free services for our guests: Free Wi-Fi, Free Internet access in reception, Late check out from apartment if availability, Courtesy room / luggage storage on the departure, Suitcases storage for next holiday here, Print boarding pass, Order a taxi in advance, Modify the dates of stay if the availability and monetary value fits, Free map of island & street map of Puerto del Carmen, Free bottle of water. General: Outdoor pool with sun beds, Library, Snack bar, Pool table, Tourist desk with a lot of useful tips about our island, plenty of activities to book for you: Trekking, Bicycle rental, Fishing, Car hire, Excursions all over the island. Services at extra cost: Self-service laundry, Safety Deposit Box, Fax/photocopying. Apartment Facilities: Air conditioning / heating in the bedroom, Safety Deposit Box (extra cost), Wardrobe, Kitchenette, Refrigerator, Cooker, Microwave, Oven, Electric Kettle, Toaster, Coffee maker, Kitchenware, Bathroom, Hairdryer, Toilet, Bath or Shower, Bidet, Seating Area, Telephone, Radio, Satellite Channels, Flat-screen TV, Sofa, Tiled floor, Wake Up Service, Towels and bed linen, Maid service... This is a small complex run by a Lanzarote's family. Ideal for people who like a quiet and relaxing holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Apartamentos Villa Canaima reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apartamentos Villa Canaima Hotel Puerto Del Carmen
- Apartamentos Villa Canaima Lanzarote/Puerto Del Carmen