This complex we found to be just ok. We didn't really have much to do with the staff so can't really comment on them. We originally chose this hotel as it was £400+ cheaper per person than staying close to the centre of Puerto Del Carmen. It's a nice walk into the main resort and takes around 15 minutes. The rooms at the complex are OK. We stayed in room 178, upstairs over the road looking over the quieter pool. The bedroom is dark and cold and the beds would be better situated in an abertois as they were like sleeping on a slab of marble! The whole week we made up the sofa beds in the living room and slept there as it was far more comfortable. The kitchen was clean and everything was there you needed. The on site supermarket is very good and not overpriced. Now the pool 'Bar' was totally unbearable to sit in as it reeks of fried food and grease. All of the meals are cooked behind the bar which I found really minging. I'm sure if we'd spent any period of time in this bar our clothes would have had to be thrown away afterwards. The bar was always deserted and I'm sure the smell was the reason why. The main pool area was nice and the wifi was good. The whole place could do with a refurbishment though.
Down the street just as you get to the beach there is a supermarket and 2 cafes, do not eat at these places, they were both awful and your better off walking further into the main resort and eating somewhere decent. We ate at Cafe la Ola, Mexican Cantina, Fazz's Indian and had an excellent breakfast at Hot Spot bar. All these places were really good value and top quality food.
We love Puerto Del Carmen for a relaxing break but wouldn't stay at this hotel again. We stayed at the Cinco Plazas last time and we will be choosing there again if we return in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyde Park Lane is a 10-minute walk from Los Pocillos Beach. Hyde Park Lane is set 2 km from the centre of Puerto del Carmen. This modern complex is set in 30,000 m² of gardens. Featuring 1 restaurant, 4 outdoor pools and free WiFi. Each air conditioned room has a TV with satellite channels, safe, desk, kitchenette equipped with a ceramic hob, fridge, microwave, toaster, kettle and a coffee maker. The private bathroom includes a hairdryer and shower. All rooms have a balcony or terrace with views of the surrounding pool or garden. (terrace with barbecue facilities) Guests can enjoy a buffet breakfast and dinner in the Hyde Park’s restaurant, while the poolside snack bar serves cocktails in the evenings. The property offers a 24-hour reception, playground, supermarket within the complex, a spa equipped with sauna, hot tub and ice baths, a wide selection of massages are available, tennis court, 4 paddle courts and billiards. During the months of July and August we have entertainment for children and adults, mini club and disco. Lanzarote Airport is just 10 minutes’ drive away from Hyde Park Lane Apartments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, Booking.com, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyde Park Lane reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyde Park Lane Bungalows Hotel Puerto Del Carmen
- Hyde Park Lane Hotel
- Hotel Hyde Park Lane
- Hyde Park Lane Lanzarote/Puerto Del Carmen