Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
1,571 results
All reviews superior bungalow shopping centre block room self catering pool bar relaxing holiday drying area air con minute walk sea front these apartments bars and restaurants playa honda remote control bed and breakfast sun loungers a stones throw
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed over Xmas and new year. We were allocated bock 6, only 6 apts and small cold pool. The location actually suited us because it was nice and quiet and we don't mind walking, though probably not for a family looking for something a bit more lively!
Friendly at reception and cleaners done a good job and always cheery. Supplied washing up liquid which was helpful but no wine glasses, which we had to purchase at the spar. Good sized rooms , bathroom could do with some silicone or a small refurb, but all in all we were happy with our stay.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank chrstndvd992019
Las Gaviotas R, Director General at Apartamentos THe Las Gaviotas, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Guest:

Thank you so much for taking some of your time to leave us your comment on Tripadvisor, this means a lot to us and we think this help us to improve our service and for others to know more about the complex.

I am very pleased to know that you are happy with the service from our staff, we will continue to work on improving our facilities.

I hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

just back from spending new year at these apartments we stayed in block seven which was a bit run down considering the price we paid for this time of year myself and my wife had an apartment and also my sister and her husband and 2 kids had one .Firstly my sister and family had to pay to upgrade as it was a small living space with 2 camp beds for kids stuck into living room considering the kids paid full adult prices this was terrible they got an upgrade which they had to pay extra for and moved to block 8 so our family was split from day one. May i add block 8 was not exactly next door a fair walk round the streets to get to this this is also where the heated pool was so if we fancied a swim you had a good 10min walk to get to other block more hassle than it was worth quicker walking to beach .Myself and wife just grinned and bared it the beds were terrible and the shower did`nt work so if your a family make sure you dont get block 7 .To be fair their missing a trick here give the bathroom a revamp put in double bed and heat pool in block 7 and sell them on a couples only basis.on a positive note the kitchens were quite modern and equipment in it was great and location was excellent just a bit rough round the edges that would be easy to fix up considering price defo not for familys in block 7 .be prepared to pat 2 euros a day for safe and even more for wifi and the blocks are really far apart

Room tip: block 7 not for familys

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking some of your time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. Your opinion is important to us as this helps us see what we can change or improve in order to give the best service to our guests.

I'm sorry you felt the lay-out of our complex did not meet your expectations. Nevertheless, I hope you enjoyed your stay, and would gladly welcome you back.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

On arriving at Las Gaviotas in Matagorda, we were aware that the accommodation was spread over several areas identified by area 1 to 7. Booked throug Jet2, we were allocated to area 7 which was a 5/7 minute walk to the sea front, so on arrival I asked about an upgrade. The lady on duty could not have been more helpful placing us in area 1 no 17, right on the sea front. The accommodation, a bungalow, was large and extremely comfortable with everything required for self catering. We spent many of the evenings sitting outside on the patio area watching the world go by and listening to the sea lap onto the shore. Having stayed at many resorts over the last 50 years, I can honestly say that, although rated 3 stars, I would certainly give it 5.
The cleaner arrived on a daily basis where sheets/towels were changed and floors mopped. Overall this is one that I would definitely return to in the near future.

Room tip: Ask to be placed in areas 1 or 2, you may have to pay a little extra on top, but well worth it.
5  Thank cefntravellor

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for taking a minute to share your experience on Tripadvisorn and for the positive feedback.

It is very important for us to know the customers´ opinion to improve our services.

I am very pleased to know that you are happy with the facilities and the service from our staff. Your comments mean a lot to us and we think this will help future guests as well. I look forward to welcoming you back again

Reviewed January 12, 2020

I've stayed here a few times and this place gets better! Friendly staff and a very good breakfast. Very close to the beach and shops. My children loved the swimming pools.
12 euros in cab from the airport.

Date of stay: December 2019
2  Thank Connolly73
Las Gaviotas R, Director General at Apartamentos THe Las Gaviotas, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2020

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for taking some of your time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. I really appreciate your lovely review and I'm so happy you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again next year.

Reviewed January 12, 2020

The Hotel Apartments have bungalow units which are situated across half of Matagorda. We were allocated the number 8 group of Bungalows. This section was the Furthest from the Complexes Restaurant. We had to walk nearly 1 kilometer to get there from our accommodation to get our Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner every day. I am disabled and luckily enough had hired a Mobility Scooter for the week, if I had not done so there would be no way I could have got to restaurant 3 times daily. This should be told to folks booking Apartamentos THe Las Gaviotas when they book. There were 6 of us in total in my group 5 adults and one teenager. The two Bungalows we had were 803 & 804, both were clean and tidy but they were lacking items which when going All Inclusive should have been provided as it has been in all of the other Hotels we have stayed in on Lanzarote. Items such as Bathroom bottles of shampoo, soap and other normal items you expect to find in AI establishments. Although our Bungalow was described as disabled friendly, it was lacking items like a seat in the shower & safety rails around the WC. Finally the Food. Overall we were disappointed. Too much repetition, food not very hot with limited choices. Breakfast food like bacon was imitation, tasteless sausages. It was cheap & not very appetizing catering quality.
Overall I was disappointed with the Apartamentos THe Las Gaviotas. Yes it was clean & tidy & the staff friendly enough but to encourage people to return again it needs to get up to scratch with everything, like other Holiday accommodations which are far better value in the Matagorda, Puerto Del Carmen area. This is a genuine review. I have been coming to this lovely Island for 5 years now staying in Matagorda, Costa Teguise & Playa Blanca and this Complex has come sadly at the bottom of the list.

2  Thank KEITH H
Las Gaviotas R, Director General at Apartamentos THe Las Gaviotas, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking some of your time to write about your stay with us. I appreciate so much your comments as this helps us to see how can we improve our service and helps our future customers to get to know us.
I'm sorry you did not find the bungalows comfortable or did not like the area you were allocated in. We have few disable superior bungalows and the other best location for wheel chairs are block 8 (Standard plus apartments) because all of them has walk-in shower.
The bungalows which we arrange for you, it is usually the most popular for wheel chair guest.
I'm sorry you felt the lay-out of our complex did not meet your expectations. Our complex is quite big, as it begins just by the beach promenade and stretches up several streets, and is divided into different blocks.
The closer bungalows to the restaurant are our superior apartment, if you would like to return to us for next time, we will recommend you to book a superior one.
Nevertheless, I hope you enjoyed your stay and that we can welcome you back soon.