1,301 results
All reviews superior bungalow shopping centre block room self catering relaxing holiday drying area pool bar on arrival sea front playa honda minute walk remote control these apartments air con bars and restaurants sun loungers a stones throw
Reviewed October 19, 2016 via mobile

We have just returned from a blissful week here. We have been to Puerta del Carmen before and found Matagorda a lot quieter for bars and restaurants however we hired push bikes very cheaply and were then able to explore the whole area. On arrival the receptionist was helpful however there are a lot of extras to work through so check in takes a bit of time. It is 4 euros a day for wifi it 18 for the week, thee is a 10 euro deposit required for the TV remote and it is 2 euro 50 per day for the safe plus a 10 euro deposit for the key. After check transport took us from reception to our bungalow in block 6. This is quite a walk from reception and set back from the coast, bars and restaurants. This didn't trouble us but may be a problem for anyone with mobility issues. The airport is only a few minutes walk away which is great for plane watching but can be a bit noisy with planes coming and going regularly throughout the day. A great spot though and we would definitely return.

Stayed: October 2016, traveled as a couple
BungalowsLasGaviotas, Director General at Apartamentos THe Las Gaviotas, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2016

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for leaving us this lovely comment on Tripadvisor.
I am delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back some time in the future. If you have any questions about your next booking please do not hesitate to contact us!

Director

Reviewed October 18, 2016 via mobile

The first apartment I was in was okay, these apartments are 3star so fairly basic. The main problem was it was right next to the poolhouse pumproom so at night the apartment carried the noise loudly. Having gone to the reception in the morningand found it full of people checking in I left it till later to ask for a room change, after being grumbled at for waiting till the afternoon and a phonecall to the housekeeping I was moved to another apartment whilst being told again that they should charge me for changing rooms.
This apartment was slightly bigger, definitley quieter but had electrical sockets hanging off the wall, hairdryer cord un insulated.
Would not stay here again as whilst waiting to go home a family that had booked in Jan found they were not together. Therein ensued a long loud arguement as the manager wanted to charge them more for a smaller room. After heated words it would appear they are sorted. Not the greatest.

Stayed: October 2016, traveled solo

Dear guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for having left this comment on TripAdvisor. Since we are always looking to improve our service, we appreciate any feedback we get. I would also like to use this opportunity to comment on some of the points you have raised above.

Regarding the size of the hotel, I would like to explain that it is true that our complex is quite spread out and we never guarantee one particular apartment or people who ask for closed apartment, we always try to do our best.

I would also like to apologize for the state of some of the furniture in your bungalow. Have you communicated this to our staff during your stay? I am very sorry if we have failed to react to your complaints, but in case you have not reported these defects to us I would like to remind you that we have a maintenance team in the complex who would have been able to sort out these issues for you.
I am very sorry to hear that you were dissatisfied with our service and hope you still enjoyed your stay in Lanzarote.

Director

Reviewed October 17, 2016 via mobile

We booked to go here in 2015 and loved it so booked to go again in October 2016 and was very disappointed. The rooms was a good size however wasn't cleaned daily. I had to call for clean towels several times. I was there once when maid came to clean an she just swept the floor, empty bin an left. Not cleaned bathroom, toilet ect. I had to ask for clean bedding as they wasn't changed during that week. The floors are tiled throughout but in our apartment we had to go outside through our court yard to reach the bedrooms an bathroom but extremely dangerous floor when rains as my poor hubby found out , slipped and jarred his back and bruised hip!!!
As for the food it was often cold an very repetitive. The food would be left out on display while staff sat and ate there hot food leaving the rest of food to go cold or have flies on it. We went all inclusive but ate there twice the rest of the time we had to eat out even though we did complain nothing seem to change. Many other guests was complaining of the food. The pools was painful cold and very salty!
Such a shame as perfect location beautiful views an a very clean friendly area.
Very disappointed as we really enjoyed our first visit but sadly won't be returning after our second visit.

Stayed: October 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed October 13, 2016

Arrived early but able to check in at 1pm, Apartment was approximately a mile away from the restaurant and would have taken approx 20-25 minutes to walk it 3 times a day as we were all inclusive. Due to mobility problems we requested a closer room and after a lot of shoulder shrugging and hands in the air we were given a room in Block 3, clean, large and in good repair, 5 minute walk from the restaurant, opposite the Commercial Center and seconds from the rocky beach. Thought we were ok, how wrong we were. Every night we were visited by cockroaches though no food was kept in the apartment and the cleaners continually missed our room for cleaning so we had to call Reception and chase the clean and towel change. To top it all the food was so bland, dry and lukewarm on every occasion we gave up on the all inclusive after 3 days and ate at the many Restaurants locally. This is one place I would not recommend to anyone and will certainly never go again.

Room Tip: Request blocks 1-4
  • Stayed: October 2016, traveled with family
BungalowsLasGaviotas, Gerente at Apartamentos THe Las Gaviotas, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2016

Dear guest,

Regarding the size of the hotel, I would like to explain that it is true that our complex is quite spread out. If it is important for you to stay in an area that is close to reception, the restaurant, the shops and the sea, we always recommend to book a superior apartment since these are more likely to meet your needs.

I would also like to apologize for the state of some of your bungalow's equipment. We have a maintenance team in the complex and always do our best to fix any defects our clients report, which is why I am sorry to hear about the issues you reported.

I am sorry for the inconveniences you have experienced during your stay with us, and hope they did not spoil your holiday in Lanzarote. I would love to welcome you back at Las Gaviotas in the future. If there is anything we could do for you, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Gerente

Reviewed October 11, 2016 via mobile

We recently had holiday in las gaviotas . We had booked a superior apartment we had opportunity to upgrade best €100 I ever spent . Have been to to Lanzarote about 12 times . Best accommodation by far. Staff are friendly especially cute maintenance guys.

Stayed: October 2016, traveled with family