We have just come back from staying in block 2, we had to upgrade, block 7 where we were allocated in Thomsons standard accommodation was far to far from the amenities. We chose self catering and after hearing the awful stories from those who were inclusive, we were glad we did. Several people on different days said the dinner and lunch buffets were nothing more than snacks serving things such a 'chip butties' as a meal! However, that said, our bungalow was really quite pleasant, although there was air-con, it was only in the bedroom, which meant a very hot and stuffy kitchen/lounge area and internal bathroom. Sadly, there was no shade on our little patio/terrace and we feel this could easily be improved by providing a parasol........if they were concerned about them being pinched, they could easily ask for a deposit just as they did for having the tv remote control and key for the safe. The beds were rock hard, BUT, all of the staff, without exception, were lovely! The cleaners were very thorough and one particular receptionist was super. The setting and idea of Las Gaviotas is fab. Clusters of bungalows with their own pools, very pretty, sun beds, a couple of grass umbrellas, extremely clean, pool immaculate. However, we do feel we should warn people about the lay out if you have mobility issues, either because you have problems walking or are a wheelchair user. Blocks 1 - 4 are together, reception and the restaurant are in block 3, but again, the walk through from block 2 is a little bit of a walk. The problems come to light however if you are in blocks 5 - 8 as there are not directly on the complex at all but are actually a road or so away from main restaurant & reception. Additionally, it makes it an even further distance from the shopping complex on the seafront where the main resort bars & restaurants are. We are not being negative but we all save hard for our holidays don't we, and we feel that we should point out important things that may help future holidaymakers who cannot walk well. Overall, the bungalow was lovely, extremely clean, with a little back door area where you can hang towels out and a very few steps on level ground to the pretty pool area. We loved the resort as a whole and would go back now we know where to book.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Apartamentos THe Las Gaviotas has a unique location so that you can enjoy to the maximum your vacations of relax and leisure. Located in the tourist center of Puerto del Carmen, the three-star-resort is in front of Matagorda, a long family beach of golden sand and perfect for walking as well as the practice of water sports. The resort is just a few minutes away from the capital Arrecife, the airport of Lanzarote and a great golf course. Just a few meters away you´ll find the promenade Avenida de las Playas, which communicates with Puerto del Carmen and is ideal for taking a pleasant stroll, do sports or simply enjoy watching people come and go. Apartamentos THe Las Gaviotas causes surprise due to its wide open spaces as well as its architecture – typical from Lanzarote in white and green colors. It has 134 completely independent apartments divided in seven sectors with their own pool. Four of the seven pools are heatable and three of them count with an enabled space for children. The resort also disposes of a restaurant-buffet and a snack bar. In common areas you can get free wifi connection. In Apartamentos THe Las Gaviotas we put everything at your disposal for you to enjoy this experience in a welcoming ambience. Lanzarote, known as “the volcano island”, is pure geology, full of spectacular aquatic and moon-like landscapes. It is the land of contrasts: the white houses, the volcanic red and the turquoise crystal-clear waters of the Atlantic. It is land of works of art-nature, delicate and merged with the landscape. Lanzarote is pure harmony between the man and nature. In Lanzarote you will find the Parque Nacional de Timanfaya (Timanfaya National Park): truly a spectacle declared Reserve of the Biosphere in 1993. With its average annual temperature of 22°C, it is the island of the eternal spring. The appealing and surprising spots will fascinate and captivate you. Lanzarote is the ideal place for the practice of water sports. The unique climate, the optimum water temperatures and trade winds make of Lanzarote one of the best spots worldwide for surfing and windsurfing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda and getaroom.com so you can book your Apartamentos THe Las Gaviotas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bungalows Las Gaviotas Hotel Puerto Del Carmen
- Apartamentos THe Las Gaviotas Lanzarote/Puerto Del Carmen